The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

I'm looking for this blog hat Mika wrote at some point during the summer of 2009. I think he was mentioning the WAG video and the artwork of the second album.

are you referring to this blog?

YO YO! ENOUGH MARKETING PSYCHOBABLE DISH DASH! NOW I WRITE.

Posted on July 15th, 2009 by Mika

Hello, this is it, the very first blog on this my new website... exciting. Kind of like the feeling you get when opening up the box of a new phone, until you smear the pristine screen with doughnut curdled fingertips and then all you want is another new one, with that delicious pasticky cover on it. urgh

Speaking of packaging, I write to you from my paper laden desk that I have not allowed anyone to clean for over 7 weeks. *Its covered in bits of art, drawings, cut outs, samples... all prep work for the new album art. Its being done much the same way as last time, by my sister DaWack, Richard Hogg and I. As many of you know, over the past few months I have been purging visual references from children's picture books, from the 40s to the 70s. There's something dark and magic about a good picture book. The way those characters never leave you and attach themselves to a particular time of your life. The only thing I can compare it to is smells. I was once nearly kicked in the balls on the street for asking a complete stranger what perfume she was wearing. When she asked me why I cared, I told her it reminded me of this bitch at school's mum who told on me after I was caught stealing her daughter's stationary when I was 7.

The new artwork, is well, odd, rather amazing but gloriously weird. Suffice to say I'm rather excited about it. We will be adding new babies to our family. Hairy babies. Ha!

I've just come back from being expensively tortured at my physio but really looking forward to Latitude this weekend. Am determined to seek out Grace Jones. Never seen her live.*I'm gonna blog some stuff from there over the weekend, I think twitter is great but has definitely made me lazy with the blog.

Right, that's it for now. Gonna get you a still from the Jonas Akerlund shoot of the new video, which is being edited now.

M!x

It's suposed to be like that :) Here you can see some other picures: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21900

I know these pictures. :teehee: It's the same day. I thought there might be a secret behind that painting (or whatever it is). I don't think it supposed to be like that. Maybe it just distracted the photographer, he wanted lighter background, or something. :dunno: That's why I'm asking.

Edited by nenartus

I know these pictures. :teehee: It's the same day. I thought there might be a secret behind that painting (or whatever it is). I don't think it supposed to be like that. Maybe it just distracted the photographer, he wanted lighter background, or something. :dunno: That's why I'm asking.

In the behind the scenes of We Are Golden video, you can see it on the wall and it's right-side-up. :teehee:

:roftl: I think it supposed to be just like that,it's Mika's house! :rolls_eyes:

In the behind the scenes of We Are Golden video, you can see it on the wall and it's right-side-up. :teehee:

He has two :naughty: No wait, there must be three of them :mf_rosetinted: Who finds the 3rd one will get an invisible cookie :biggrin2:

vlcsnap2012032600h40m00.png

vlcsnap2012032600h40m46.png

:roftl: I think it supposed to be just like that,it's Mika's house! :rolls_eyes:

True.:biggrin2:

He has two :naughty: No wait, there must be three of them :mf_rosetinted: Who finds the 3rd one will get an invisible cookie :biggrin2:

vlcsnap2012032600h40m00.png

vlcsnap2012032600h40m46.png

Thank you all. There must be a good story about it. I would like to hear it from Mika. :teehee:

are you referring to this blog?

YO YO! ENOUGH MARKETING PSYCHOBABLE DISH DASH! NOW I WRITE.

Posted on July 15th, 2009 by Mika

Hello, this is it, the very first blog on this my new website... exciting. Kind of like the feeling you get when opening up the box of a new phone, until you smear the pristine screen with doughnut curdled fingertips and then all you want is another new one, with that delicious pasticky cover on it. urgh

Speaking of packaging, I write to you from my paper laden desk that I have not allowed anyone to clean for over 7 weeks. *Its covered in bits of art, drawings, cut outs, samples... all prep work for the new album art. Its being done much the same way as last time, by my sister DaWack, Richard Hogg and I. As many of you know, over the past few months I have been purging visual references from children's picture books, from the 40s to the 70s. There's something dark and magic about a good picture book. The way those characters never leave you and attach themselves to a particular time of your life. The only thing I can compare it to is smells. I was once nearly kicked in the balls on the street for asking a complete stranger what perfume she was wearing. When she asked me why I cared, I told her it reminded me of this bitch at school's mum who told on me after I was caught stealing her daughter's stationary when I was 7.

The new artwork, is well, odd, rather amazing but gloriously weird. Suffice to say I'm rather excited about it. We will be adding new babies to our family. Hairy babies. Ha!

I've just come back from being expensively tortured at my physio but really looking forward to Latitude this weekend. Am determined to seek out Grace Jones. Never seen her live.*I'm gonna blog some stuff from there over the weekend, I think twitter is great but has definitely made me lazy with the blog.

Right, that's it for now. Gonna get you a still from the Jonas Akerlund shoot of the new video, which is being edited now.

M!x

thats what I was looking for! Thanks Marina :flowers2:

I'm looking for the video interview where Mika talks about his vocal range. He mentions a movie character that actually has a five octave range and then imitates the character. I think it was someone from the Fifth Element.

... Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :teehee::roftl: