Zen will be two in September. I think we might make him a cake this year :naughty:

So are you both getting over your surgery OK?

He's such a big boy now! I assume I showed you the cake I made for Ambrose a couple of years ago?

230648_215150251842844_4283662_n.jpg

226802_215154168509119_7179651_n.jpg

It was liver and bacon flavoured, I had to blend them into a slushie mixture, totally disgusting. I can give you the recipe if you want? It's out of a book we have.

And yeah it's coming along. Eliza made a blog that she has been updating about it actually: onetwoknee.blogspot.com

He's such a big boy now! I assume I showed you the cake I made for Ambrose a couple of years ago?

230648_215150251842844_4283662_n.jpg

It was liver and bacon flavoured, I had to blend them into a slushie mixture, totally disgusting. I can give you the recipe if you want? It's out of a book we have.

I think we would have to do a chicken one for Zen. What's the white stuff? :blink:

I'm still not overwhelmed by it. I'm hoping that the album version will sound better.

But then I was horrified by MYH when I first heard it, because of all the vocoder bits, but now it's my favourite of the new tracks (though I still think the mix isn't quite right).

Hopefully... I can't say I'm overly excited about the album, but def intriuged...

And yeah it's coming along. Eliza made a blog that she has been updating about it actually: onetwoknee.blogspot.com

Interesting blog... :naughty:

Oh it's just low-fat cream cheese, it's what they used as "icing" in all the recipes :thumb_yello:

Well he loves cheese so that should go down well :naughty:

As long as it doesn't come up again :mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...
:yay: Mika has finally admitted he is gay.

Maybe now we can concentrate on the music :naughty:

So I've seen... Can I just say a great big "Well duh!!!" to that?

Seriously though, it's nice that he's finally gotten to a stage where he can say what most of us have been thinking.

And yeah. lets just get back to the music!

I do wonder what the fangurls that think he's 100% straight will say? :teehee:

You like Sydney the best then?

Sydney and Adelaide so far (still haven't been to Perth yet :aah: ) but it's more that it feels really good to come back to a place I already know and not feel like a stranger. Kinda like coming home :biggrin2:

Sydney and Adelaide so far (still haven't been to Perth yet :aah: ) but it's more that it feels really good to come back to a place I already know and not feel like a stranger. Kinda like coming home :biggrin2:

I felt a bit like that when I came back to London from Paris... :wub2:

How are the wedding plans going, Teegs?

Well, I've gotten in contact with 5 local photographers. Three are available, one is booked and one asn't gotten back to me yet. Out of the ones that are available, one is quite expensive ($1750 just for photographic coverage from 1 hr before the wedding through to just after the start of the reception, up to $4900 for full photographic coverage with a photobook and some prints). I decided I wasn't that keen on spending that much on photos, so I emailed him and said I'd get back to him. Hopefully I'll have a meet up with the other two and see what they can offer.

Also there's a bridal expo on this Sunday so I'll go have a look at that. That's pretty much where I'm at, still working on table decorations and stuff.

I actually feel pretty slack actually, a relative is thinking of getting married around the same time as me (her dad and my mum are cousins), and she's got most of her wedding planned already, including the dress! Admittedly her brother's partner is organising it (and she's an at home mum and wants to do this sort of stuff).

I have to admit, I am starting to enjoy some of the organising stuff, but it still feels like a bit of a chore...

Well, I've gotten in contact with 5 local photographers. Three are available, one is booked and one asn't gotten back to me yet. Out of the ones that are available, one is quite expensive ($1750 just for photographic coverage from 1 hr before the wedding through to just after the start of the reception, up to $4900 for full photographic coverage with a photobook and some prints). I decided I wasn't that keen on spending that much on photos, so I emailed him and said I'd get back to him. Hopefully I'll have a meet up with the other two and see what they can offer.

Also there's a bridal expo on this Sunday so I'll go have a look at that. That's pretty much where I'm at, still working on table decorations and stuff.

I actually feel pretty slack actually, a relative is thinking of getting married around the same time as me (her dad and my mum are cousins), and she's got most of her wedding planned already, including the dress! Admittedly her brother's partner is organising it (and she's an at home mum and wants to do this sort of stuff).

I have to admit, I am starting to enjoy some of the organising stuff, but it still feels like a bit of a chore...

That sounds very expensive for a photographer - hope the others are cheaper. Have you no photographically gifted relatives? :naughty:

Try not to stress over the wedding planning; in the end what actually counts is two people getting married.

That sounds very expensive for a photographer - hope the others are cheaper. Have you no photographically gifted relatives? :naughty:

Try not to stress over the wedding planning; in the end what actually counts is two people getting married.

Apparently not. I'm thinking if I can get the photographer to do getting ready through till about the first dance (or thereabouts) and all the photos on a disc then I can get pictures printed off whenever I please (and get my own book printed up cheaper). That costs somewhere around the $2500 mark. And unfortunately no, no photographically gifted family. :sneaky2:

I'm getting a bit calmer about it all. I think the more stuff I at least decide on or book, the better things seem to feel.

I think Derek is thinking that we should go on a cruise for the honeymoon...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, cruises seem to be more expensive than they're worth, they don't really interest me, I think for the same money you could go to an awesome place and stay in awesome accommodation, like Fiji or something.

How long do you have left?

So I see Mika has a new CD coming out. Is there anywhere cheaper for us to buy the two disc edition than Mikasounds? $31.66 with postage, poo.

Apparently not. I'm thinking if I can get the photographer to do getting ready through till about the first dance (or thereabouts) and all the photos on a disc then I can get pictures printed off whenever I please (and get my own book printed up cheaper). That costs somewhere around the $2500 mark. And unfortunately no, no photographically gifted family. :sneaky2:

I'm getting a bit calmer about it all. I think the more stuff I at least decide on or book, the better things seem to feel.

I think Derek is thinking that we should go on a cruise for the honeymoon...

I can remember the times when the photographer arrived at the church the same time as the guests, and left when everyone went off to the reception. You only ever used to get photos of the actual wedding.

Mind you, it was all in black and white those days too :old:

So I see Mika has a new CD coming out. Is there anywhere cheaper for us to buy the two disc edition than Mikasounds? $31.66 with postage, poo.

I suggest Amazon (or even eBay).

And there are several versions (depending on country of release) with different track listings.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27244

I contacted Sanity in Australia and they assure me the new album will be released in Australia on September 21st. Which is faster than Japan this time. I might see if I can get a track listing from the guy too:teehee:

Oh, he was more than accommodating, gave me the listing AND now the product is listed on their website! It wasn't there last night...

From Sanity:

Our price will be $21.99 and the tracklisting is below. Full info can be found here http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2214232

01. Origin Of Love

02. Lola

03. Stardust

04. Make You Happy

05. Underwater

06. Overrated

07. Kids

08. Love You When I'm Drunk

09. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate Feat. Pharrell Williams

14. Make You Happy (Miami Edit)

I contacted Sanity in Australia and they assure me the new album will be released in Australia on September 21st. Which is faster than Japan this time. I might see if I can get a track listing from the guy too:teehee:

Everybody is getting the album before the UK :crybaby:

But :yay: for an Australian release

Hmm, cruises seem to be more expensive than they're worth, they don't really interest me, I think for the same money you could go to an awesome place and stay in awesome accommodation, like Fiji or something.

How long do you have left?

True true, though one of the guys that Derek works with suggested that we go somewhere like Thailand (his gf works in a travel agency so that helps too :naughty:). Derek's not overly keen on getting on a plane and when I told him that a passport costs about $300 to get he said "Gee that's expensive". :shocked: He obviously hasn't seen how much flights and accomodation costs then :teehee:

We've got about 14 months to go.

I can remember the times when the photographer arrived at the church the same time as the guests, and left when everyone went off to the reception. You only ever used to get photos of the actual wedding.

Mind you, it was all in black and white those days too :old:

:teehee:

Good point.

Well good for me, I've managed to book a photographer!

Oh, he was more than accommodating, gave me the listing AND now the product is listed on their website! It wasn't there last night...

From Sanity:

Our price will be $21.99 and the tracklisting is below. Full info can be found here http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2214232

01. Origin Of Love

02. Lola

03. Stardust

04. Make You Happy

05. Underwater

06. Overrated

07. Kids

08. Love You When I'm Drunk

09. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate Feat. Pharrell Williams

14. Make You Happy (Miami Edit)

Good to see that Sanity were useful for something... :teehee:

Everybody is getting the album before the UK :crybaby:

But :yay: for an Australian release

That's weird that the UK are getting it after everyone else...