New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

:tears: I'm really sad now. I want to like the song. It has a nice meoldy and everything. But I just don't. :emot-sad: It's French. I don't like French. Nor do I understand it or can sing along. I hope he doesn't turn into a French singer. It's bad enough (for me) that he speaks French at gigs in France and in all the countries where people could understand French and that he recorded two of his two DVDs in France where he spoke French. But if he really does more songs in French I fear to feel misplaced like I feel now in more situations. :sad: And I start to get more worried about the 'Frenchness' of his Compiegne-gig as well. It is in France and of course it's French due to that anyway :aah: but what I mean is more my feeling to 'be part of it' or not

It's great for all the French and French-speaking fans he has. And it's just my personal opinion. :wink2:

I have seen many French gigs and of course it's a bit difficult to follow because I can't understand a word, but I still love them. There is a special atmosphere, he always seems so happy and smiling and not only because it brings him money (I don't believe that a second). Sometimes I feel his face can express more than his words ever. He enjoys being in France. I always wanted him to do songs in French. It's just beautiful. Lol, I was hoping for a ballad, but maybe later :naughty:

I´m feeling exactly like you. We had a talk about this on msn yesterday... if he feels that UK doesn´t love him THEN HE SHOULD DO MORE PROMOTION THERE INSTEAD OF GOING TO FRANCE WHERE HE IS ALREADY LOVED! It´s my opinion anyway. If he just wants to sell 6 millions of albums, well, there are 65 millions of people living in France, maybe he´ll get it :mf_rosetinted:

Now seriously, I perfectly can understand that his fanbase all over the world is feeling apart of this new single. He is releasing it in french, and in french radio stations... :dunno: if he wants to show to France how much they love him, then he can do 67675876 encores after any gig there, and sing again Grace Kelly in french and stuff... but focusing his new single only in France, it´s a mistake for an INTERNATIONAL CAREER in my opinion.

I can't describe how much I admire and appreciate him for taking risks like this. To tell the truth, I think this was a wise move to do. I think this song is very summery and catchy, I can see it being popular in France and supporting his big Compiegne show. I think it was a good idea to do French bonus tracks. It's too early to release any English songs from the album, sounds much more reasonable to save them for later and release them with a proper promotion before the album releasing, but that is just my opinion. Of course this can be a risk, and I love him for taking it/them :wub2:

it's about his mom, giving him all the motherly advice... not just as a child, but also as an adult

*us moms are favous for that* :naughty:

Beauty Mark is my favorite Rufus song and I have always hoped Mika would do a song about mother/son relationships, it's a very close issue to me :teehee:

When I heard this song this morning I had some thoughts immediately. Well, it's very Yelle, and she is not one of my favorites, but I was not surprised. I knew he likes the style and he had given some hints he is doing more electronic music. There is still "Mika" in the song and it made me happy. So good to hear his voice again! It's such a catchy song, I only hoped I could understand the lyrics so I could "feel" it like his English songs.

Thank you so much!! :flowers2: Going to check them asap!

Edited by tiibet

oh oh oh, today is the first day of my holidays, and to find such an amazing present from Mika! this day couldn't be better!

i was afraid i wouldn't like it - i have a tendency to not like his songs at first - but it is just... :blush-anim-cl: maybe because it was so long waited :wub2: maybe because it's Mika :naughty:

Thank you for the pics!! :thumb_yello:

Aw that's nice. Thanks for the pics. He looks like he has finally put on some weight and got his "old" face back. Do you think so or am I just imagining things? :naughty:

My thoughts exactly! Looks this break is good for him, he looks gorgeous!

I listened to the song like 5 or 6 times and I must say: I really like it:thumb_yello:

At first I had to get used to it a bit, but now it's a catchy tune and nice lyrics:mf_lustslow:

Nice pics in front of the studio! Is it me or does he wear a larger earring then before?

I have seen many French gigs and of course it's a bit difficult to follow because I can't understand a word, but I still love them. There is a special atmosphere, he always seems so happy and smiling and not only because it brings him money (I don't believe that a second). Sometimes I feel his face can express more than his words ever. He enjoys being in France. I always wanted him to do songs in French. It's just beautiful. Lol, I was hoping for a ballad, but maybe later :naughty:

I can't describe how much I admire and appreciate him for taking risks like this. To tell the truth, I think this was a wise move to do. I think this song is very summery and catchy, I can see it being popular in France and supporting his big Compiegne show. I think it was a good idea to do French bonus tracks. It's too early to release any English songs from the album, sounds much more reasonable to save them for later and release them with a proper promotion before the album releasing, but that is just my opinion. Of course this can be a risk, and I love him for taking them :wub2:

Beauty Mark is my favorite Rufus song and I have always hoped Mika would do a song about mother/son relationships, it's a very close issue to me :teehee:

When I heard this song this morning I had some thought immediately. Well, it's very Yelle, and she is not one of my favorites, but I was not surprised. I knew he likes the style and he had given some hints he is doing more electronic music. There is still "Mika" in the song and it made me happy. So good to hear his voice again! It's such a catchy song, I only hoped I could understand the lyrics so I could "feel" it like his English songs.

Thank you so much!! :flowers2: Going to check them asap!

wow. you're such a truly truly fan!!!! it's really meaningful for mika. he SHOULD read this!

i cant even say a word! I mean it's really open minded! :thumb_yello:

and i love your thoughts. really! :D

I listened to the song like 5 or 6 times and I must say: I really like it:thumb_yello:

At first I had to get used to it a bit, but now it's a catchy tune and nice lyrics:mf_lustslow:

Nice pics in front of the studio! Is it me or does he wear a larger earring then before?

It looks a different colour too, it's blue now :wub2:

The black one was quite big. I noticed it the second he walked into the room and I'm not normally very observant :naughty:

In the first interview he says that his mother used to say him to write a happy song not a depressing one

but in third interview he says that it is about "a" mother (not his) who talks to his son and says him very bad/hurting things...

Oh Ok, thank you...even if it is about just "a" mother, we sure know by now his mom is a great source of inspiration! And isn't that nice? :wub2:

I think ( :teehee: ) I like it! It's quite catchy, stuck in my head all day. It bothers me a bit that I can't sing a along to it :naughty: but yeah it's nice to have something 'new' :biggrin2:

I was in front of the radio studio this morning, here the photos :wink2: There is nothing extraordinary but... ;)

p1080018.jpg

Mika was adorable, as always, very smiling. He looks good, he's very tanned !

He recognized us, spoke a little and even suggested taking photos :wub2: And he was glad when i said that i love the new song :teehee:

Thanks for sharing :thumb_yello: He looks lovely :wub2: .. except for that earring :no: I don't like it :naughty:

Edited by Miro

I think ( :teehee: ) I like it! It's quite catchy, stuck in my head all day. It bothers me a bit that I can't sing a along to it :naughty: but yeah it's nice to have something 'new' :biggrin2:

Thanks for sharing :thumb_yello: He looks lovely .. except for that earring

Thanks Nanouch :huglove:

I love Elle me dit and I love that new Mika pic :swoon:

And I also like his earing a lot :mf_lustslow:

I so hope he wears the skull one I offered him some day :wub2:

She told me to write a song that didn't make us sad, a song that everyone would love,

She said I'd be rich, a millionaire/billionaire, she said I shouldn't end up like my father did, and that I should be proud.

She said “Why do you stay in your room all day?”. She demanded what was wrong.

She said "Do you care too much how you look?

Did you think you only had a one way ticket?

You will end up like your brother"

CHORUS

She said that in life you should do what you want, and perhaps one day you will understand and get what you wish for.

She said "You can't spend the rest of your life trapped in a little bubble. Anything that you can do to find love will help you"

"Why are you wasting this life? Why are you wasting your life? Why are you wasting this life we have?"

"Dance, dance, dance”, she said, ” dance, dance, dance"

She said “Something will get the ball rolling, and you will become really popular.”

She said "You're wasting your time on the Internet all day (As in Social Networking).

You're just watching your life go by.”

She said "You need to stop thinking like you did when you were eight, it's not the way forwards"

She said one day I would break free and then....she told me something I loved….”

CHORUS

She said that in life you should do what you want, and perhaps one day you will understand and get what you wish for.

She said "You can't spend the rest of your life trapped in a little bubble. Anything that you can do to find love will help you"

"Why are you wasting this life? Why are you wasting your life? Why are you wasting this life we have?"

"Dance, dance, dance”, she said, ” dance, dance, dance"

(X4)

:fangurl: :fangurl:

Thanks Nanouch :huglove:

I love Elle me dit and I love that new Mika pic :swoon:

And I also like his earing a lot :mf_lustslow:

I so hope he wears the skull one I offered him some day :wub2:

I think the earring should be a bit bigger. It's so tiny, and he's so big! :aah:

I think the earring should be a bit bigger. It's so tiny, and he's so big! :aah:

My friends hubby is a lot bigger than Mika and he wears a small earring.

Alright. I have only read a few comments on twitter and not really anything in this thread. From what I have read it sounds like Marmite. :naughty:

Watch out, I'm going to listen to it for the very first time NOW. :teehee:

Oh but before I do that, I'd like to get rid of my two cents about the single cover mellody posted (thanks mellody! :flowers2:) You know these things are important aspects of Mika's Gesamtkunstwerk to me. :blush-anim-cl:

5iz5w6.jpg

I'm not sure how to look at this, because it is 'just a single', and from what I have read somewhere on twitter, just finished recently, probably to be ready for the summer shows, so I don't want to attach too much weight to it.

However, what I can see is that he might be looking for a real change. Not necessarily a bad thing. The result (if this is a result yet) is quite drastic, though. The cover looks like as if he wants to move away from the playful, feminine design and show a very different, more simple, more straight (mwahah) facet of his work. Maybe to be taken more seriously? :dunno:

Personally. I'm not a huge fan of the 70s disco typeface they used. Concerning colour combination and composition, I have to admit, that the first asssociation that came to my mind was some vintage package design. I have no idea why. :dunno:

But I don't want to overestimate this just yet. I'm positive they'll keep some nice twirls for the album cover.

Sooo... time to listen. :original: *click*

I was in front of the radio studio this morning, here the photos :wink2: There is nothing extraordinary but... ;)

p1080015.jpg

I. WANT. HIS. HAT.!!!!!!!! kewll huh? :aah: and thank god.. i miss those curls so much!

p1080017.jpg

SO, just realized that mika only wore a half earing :shocked: aaa, i dont like it meeks, sorryy :teehee:

Mika was adorable, as always, very smiling. He looks good, he's very tanned !

He recognized us, spoke a little and even suggested taking photos :wub2: And he was glad when i said that i love the new song :teehee:

and THANKS for the photos :mf_lustslow: how lucky you are :aah:

ELLE ME DIT ROCKS

I really love the new song!

I don't think it's not like a Mika song, it's totally him!!!

I think the problem of most of you who don't like it is the fact that it's in French.

Forget the international carreer things. Mika was never the kind of artist who wanted just fame. He wants to write songs. He writes what he feels. He does his own things, lives in his own world, has his own rules... and that's the reason I love him.

And I adore him for singing songs in French. It's a beautiful language and I think he is partly French at heart.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Mika could sing in arabic or chinese, and I'd still love it. :naughty: