Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

I had a feeling ppl would start to warm to this song. I can't get it out of my head, apart from the times when my brain's MP3 player switches to Elle Me Dit or Karen.

I think we've got some great new songs and they are all different styles. The smoochy romantic duet (BIOTW) the tragic anthem (Karen) and the dancy pop song (EMD)

Only Mika would give us such variety in his music, in just the three songs we know about from the new album I just know his album will be sensational.

that's one of the features I appreciate the most about his music :thumb_yello:

You'll never get bored, there's something to suit every taste/need/circumstance

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, even if one Mika song isn't to your particular taste, there'll be a lot that are. I also think that BIOTW will apeal to people who haven't normally gone overboard for Mika. It is... dare I say it... a bit more mainstream, but still beautiful and Mikaish. it would be a perfect track for a Valentines Day compiliation album. It's a great song to hook new people in, and get them to listen to his other stuff and realise how brilliant it all is.

Yes, even if one Mika song isn't to your particular taste, there'll be a lot that are. I also think that BIOTW will apeal to people who haven't normally gone overboard for Mika. It is... dare I say it... a bit more mainstream, but still beautiful and Mikaish. it would be a perfect track for a Valentines Day compiliation album. It's a great song to hook new people in, and get them to listen to his other stuff and realise how brilliant it all is.
yes, I agree, although I hope he won't be going in a mainstream direction, IMO he doesn't need that in order to hook new fans

I wish he'll keep on writing/producing/releasing special, unique, peculiar, magic songs like old ones, and that he won't add too many sounds/effects covering melodies, piano playing and his voice, which is amazingly beautiful just the way it is

yes, I agree, although I hope he won't be going in a mainstream direction, IMO he doesn't need that in order to hook new fans

I wish he'll keep on writing/producing/releasing special, unique, peculiar, magic songs like old ones, and that he won't add too many sounds/effects covering melodies, piano playing and his voice, which is amazingly beautiful just the way it is

here here, listen Mika :mf_rosetinted:

I know how you feel, it's really a song that likes sticking to people's minds, lol :roftl:

I totally agree with the bolded part. After having listened to it for so many times, the combination of their voices (which made me keep aloof in the first place) seems perfectly normal to my ears now. I only wish he had... I dunno, some deeper or more developed lyrics to it :aah:

I had a feeling ppl would start to warm to this song. I can't get it out of my head, apart from the times when my brain's MP3 player switches to Elle Me Dit or Karen.

I think we've got some great new songs and they are all different styles. The smoochy romantic duet (BIOTW) the tragic anthem (Karen) and the dancy pop song (EMD)

Only Mika would give us such variety in his music, in just the three songs we know about from the new album I just know his album will be sensational.

After a couple of listening this song I think the same as you girls.

Their voices click very good when they sing together, especially when Mika sings a harmony.:wub2: When they sing on their own it sounds a litlle bit worse to me.

But with a proper producing this song could be interesting for a wider audience cos it sounds like some Robbie Williams heartbreaking ballad.

And why not? It has powerful mellody even though he could improve lyrics.

I always loved "Erase" despite the fact Mika himself hates the song:naughty:

After a couple of listening this song I think the same as you girls.

Their voices click very good when they sing together, especially when Mika sings a harmony.:wub2: When they sing on their own it sounds a litlle bit worse to me.

But with a proper producing this song could be interesting for a wider audience cos it sounds like some Robbie Williams heartbreaking ballad.

And why not? It has powerful mellody even though he could improve lyrics.

I always loved "Erase" despite the fact Mika himself hates the song:naughty:

I think they don´t fit together at all. :blink:

Yes, of course, those melodies together do fit, but their voices are just like oil and water. They´ll never really merge. Not for my ears.

I think they don´t fit together at all. :blink:

Yes, of course, those melodies together do fit, but their voices are just like oil and water. They´ll never really merge. Not for my ears.

indeed :wink2:

Ida has a beautiful voice but when they sing together I almost can't hear Mika as I like, clearly.

ok.

I've heard this song enough now to start making up my mind on WHY I cannot like it....because it's by MIKA.

My mind refuses to accept that this melodic soppy song is by him...then I happened to listen to lady jane, and something switched in my brain. I can like this song, I just have to put it together with the other acoustic songs Mika created, and do not expect it to be the first single of next album, for instance.

I was very angry when I heard the 3 new songs for the first time, disappointed as when I listened to WAG or Kick ass ot the dance version of Rain. I still haven't learn to accept that Mika can actually test himself making all different kind of songs.

I immediately liked the Songs of Sorrow, for instance, loved them at first glance...why this did not happen to me with BIOTW?

because I felt he pulled my leg 1. with the title 2. with the soppiness 3. with the poor lyrics 4. with his terrible rendition with Ida.

But now I am actually starting to accept it, and shiver when I hear Ida's voice. I need not to concentrate on the lyrics much (pls. Mika do something. the only verse I like is 'listen to my song, it won't last too long') and everything is fine....more or less.:blink:

Still think it will be ok if he sang it at the piano, his only voice, with passion...and some better lyrics.

And Ida can sing it operatically in her album :biggrin2:

Last but not least I totally love their interaction, they stare at each other, they touch...I absolutely love seeing Mika this way, and I wish their friendship last forever for their mutual satisfaction...a friendship like this is hard to find and must be cherished for ever!

one more thing: I think one can appreciate the song 100% only when in love, in that first phase of falling in love when you say and think all sort of soppiness!! yes....the Origin of Love, that is! heheheheheh

Edited by robertina

ok.

I've heard this song enough now to start making up my mind on WHY I cannot like it....because it's by MIKA.

My mind refuses to accept that this melodic soppy song is by him...then I happened to listen to lady jane, and something switched in my brain. I can like this song, I just have to put it together with the other acoustic songs Mika created, and do not expect it to be the first single of next album, for instance.

I was very angry when I heard the 3 new songs for the first time, disappointed as when I listened to WAG or Kick ass ot the dance version of Rain. I still haven't learn to accept that Mika can actually test himself making all different kind of songs.

I immediately liked the Songs of Sorrow, for instance, loved them at first glance...why this did not happen to me with BIOTW?

because I felt he pulled my leg 1. with the title 2. with the soppiness 3. with the poor lyrics 4. with his terrible rendition with Ida.

But now I am actually starting to accept it, and shiver when I hear Ida's voice. I need not to concentrate on the lyrics much (pls. Mika do something. the only verse I like is 'listen to my song, it won't last too long') and everything is fine....more or less.:blink:

Still think it will be ok if he sang it at the piano, his only voice, with passion...and some better lyrics.

Last but not least I totally love their interaction, they stare at each other, they touch...I absolutely love seeing Mika this way, and I wish their friendship last forever for their mutual satisfaction...a friendship like this is hard to find and must be cherished for ever!

one more thing: I think one can appreciate the song 100% only when in love, in that first phase of falling in love when you say and think all sort of soppiness!! yes....the Origin of Love, that is! heheheheheh

Quite of an interesting point of view you showcased in this foregoing statement. I am happy to see that the song is growing on people who didn't really fell for the song when they first listened to it or jazz, but they're getting more and more fond of it. However though, I don't really know if I could possibly compare BIOTW with Lady Jane. In my opinion, Lady Jane is a complete masterpiece, both musically and conceptually. Those mellow and andante kind of chords are just the perfect way to go around with it, and together with those conceptual lyrics the song is simply taken to a whole new level. I can't really explain the reason why I find Lady Jane so brilliant, but it's just something completely different from everything I've ever come across.

Getting back to BIOTW though, the music is sweet, gentle but UNLIKE Lady Jane, it seems like it's made to be taken upside down and inside out, to quote Suzie :naughty:. And that's why I cannot possibly compare it with Lady Jane. I find that song perfect, and you cannot possibly re-write what's perfect. This is probably one of the first stages BIOTW has been through and maybe once "The Origin of Love" comes out, we will be surprised to find it as a whole new mixture of Mika-ish sounds. :mf_rosetinted:

I really don't know why I like it so much, as it's not anything special neither about the music nor about the lyrics. But again, maybe his stage presence along with Ida's simply make me love it subconsciously :aah:

ok.

This is very good variant. Or let Mika sings BIOTW himself or let will give to Ida. I WANT to love this song. But in a duet with Ida this is impossible

I wish to save myself from watching someone's touches... Especially, Mika's.

This is very good variant. Or let Mika sings BIOTW himself or let will give to Ida. I WANT to love this song. But in a duet with Ida this is impossible

I wish to save myself from watching someone's touches... Especially, Mika's.

oh why? I think it's such a good vibe! Mika has some mediterranean types, and I'm sure he hugs and caresses his friends a lot :wub2:

oh why? I think it's such a good vibe! Mika has some mediterranean types, and I'm sure he hugs and caresses his friends a lot :wub2:

If this is only friendly gesture not more , then yes...

I'm sorry, but I myself try to avoid tactile contact. I could not even touch Mika, because I thinking that Him too don't like touch of others.

If this is only friendly gesture not more , then yes...

I'm sorry, but I myself try to avoid tactile contact. I could not even touch Mika, because I thinking that Him too don't like touch of others.

we (fans) are different from them (friends) for Mika, I guess :wink2:

we (fans) are different from them (friends) for Mika, I guess :wink2:

Then what? Our touches are disgusting for Him? As a conclusion... If we( fans) are not friends for Him....

:roftl: That is such good comparison.:teehee:

I keep wondering why they needed this duet but and I guess the answer must be something really obvious, like Mika wanted to involve Ida in his work like he involved Alexander earlier, too...etc.. :dunno: I think he is the type of person who not only loves to work with people close to him but also tries hard to find a way to involve these people in his projects. In other words, he cares about them. However, whilst Alexander's voice sounded perfect next to Mika's in OMS and fitted the song really well, this new duet is a riddle as to how it could have happened. I mean, my guess is that it happened because Mika wanted to sing a duet with Ida and that's the song he came up with.

I always liked Ida on Happy Ending because of the chemistry with Mika as well. Even with Lorna it wasn't quite the same although he was very playful with Lorna on stage (I caught him lifting up her skirt once :shocked:)

Then what? Our touches are disgusting for Him? As a conclusion... If we( fans) are not friends for Him....

I don't think Mika finds his fans disgusting and he seems tactile with a lot of people, not just close friends. But I don't think he considers his fans as friends really and I think that's normal.

Lady Gaga talks about her fans being her best friends and I don't know if it's a gimmick or she's just crazy. Either way I don't think it's normal because most musicians keep a line between themselves and 99% of their fans. I think Mika is not even necessarily close to everyone he works with and that's probably why it is important to him to have his family and friends like Ida on tour with him.

ok.

My mind refuses to accept that this melodic soppy song is by him...then I happened to listen to lady jane, and something switched in my brain.

I just can't believe that I read this! :eek: I was listening to Lady Jane today, some wonderful live version, and happened to think how it reminds of BIOTW. Couldn't explain to myself why, but just felt some similarity. So I'm not alone!?!

And Mika's songs are melodic, that's why I like them, and it wasn't the problem for me. :wub2:

I still haven't learn to accept that Mika can actually test himself making all different kind of songs.

So, it sounds that it's not Mika, it's us. We have doubts and problems to accept. He has many interest, and many influences, so he creates all sorts of different songs. It's up to us to like one song more than another, or not to like it at all. That's ok. I just learned to accept songs that I didn't like at the beginning. Well, learned is not the right expression, those songs somehow grown on me. I didn't like Rain, but I love it now.phil_03.gif My interpretation, for instance, is still not among my favorites. disobedient.gif

It would be interesting to hear iMMA doing it. :teehee: It wouldn't be romantic at all, for sure, and I would love to hear her interpretation of the song. I guess it would be a little wild, :mf_swordfight:and maybe more "mikaish" :naughty:

Meant to agree with Cherisse about Lady Jane. I would not compare it to this song. :aah:

It's up to us to like one song more than another, or not to like it at all. That's ok. I just learned to accept songs that I didn't like at the beginning. Well, learned is not the right expression, those songs somehow grown on me. I didn't like Rain, but I love it now.phil_03.gif My interpretation, for instance, is still not among my favorites. disobedient.gif

I feel the same way about Rain and My Interpretation although I have some good memories of My Interpretation because of the tours. I find that's how songs grow on me, because of the shows.

But in general I think it is the high energy songs or really powerful ballads (like Happy Ending, Over My Shoulder and Lady Jane) that end up being my favourites and the middle of the road songs like Dr. John, Billy Brown, Lonely Alcoholic and My Interpretation that I can live without. I think BIOTW and Karen are going into the last category for me but I'm not bothered. He's got plenty of other songs and as long as his gigs don't become dominated by these "meh" songs I will always love his music and his shows.

Fans love him, and fans are friendly, but you can't expect someone, not even such a lovable person like Mika, to like being touched by strangers. :boxed: I mean we are strangers to him, no matter how much we love him. I completely understand that and I hate to see when someone tries to hug him even when it's so obvious that he doesn't want it. Especially in a big crowd.

On the other I saw some videos when he is really friendly with his fans. I saw one, I think from Australia, some M&G, when he touches a hand of a girl to comfort, and calm her, because she was so obviously excited to see him that she was shaking. That was really touchy. So he doesn't have the problem with touching. But surely doesn't like pushy people. Who would? :sneaky2:

I'm sorry for being a bit :ot: Just had to.

He's got plenty of other songs and as long as his gigs don't become dominated by these "meh" songs I will always love his music and his shows.

:thumb_yello: That's the right attitude! :clap:

Fans love him, and fans are friendly, but you can't expect someone, not even such a lovable person like Mika, to like being touched by strangers. :boxed: I mean we are strangers to him, no matter how much we love him. I completely understand that and I hate to see when someone tries to hug him even when it's so obvious that he doesn't want it. Especially in a big crowd.

On the other I saw some videos when he is really friendly with his fans. I saw one, I think from Australia, some M&G, when he touches a hand of a girl to comfort, and calm her, because she was so obviously excited to see him that she was shaking. That was really touchy. So he doesn't have the problem with touching. But surely doesn't like pushy people. Who would? :sneaky2:

Are you saying he doesn't like us to touch his butt???:shocked:

:mf_rosetinted:

:teehee::floor:

Guy in the back: Wow i can finally touch his butt!

Gonna close my eyes and enjoy it....

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET201111.jpg

Guy in the back: Grey undies! Again!

Mika: Hey!

Who has just touched my butt???

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20118.jpg

JC_shhh.gif

JC_shhh.gif

JC_shhh.gif

JC_shhh.gif

It's a secret. :wink2:

I always liked Ida on Happy Ending because of the chemistry with Mika as well. Even with Lorna it wasn't quite the same although he was very playful with Lorna on stage (I caught him lifting up her skirt once :shocked:)

I don't think Mika finds his fans disgusting and he seems tactile with a lot of people, not just close friends. But I don't think he considers his fans as friends really and I think that's normal.

Lady Gaga talks about her fans being her best friends and I don't know if it's a gimmick or she's just crazy. Either way I don't think it's normal because most musicians keep a line between themselves and 99% of their fans. I think Mika is not even necessarily close to everyone he works with and that's probably why it is important to him to have his family and friends like Ida on tour with him.

I don't think too... He has touches with His cheeks to another's hair and cheeks ( :shocked:) ... But He is not squeamish.... There are beautiful photos of Mika&fans ...

It would be interesting to hear iMMA doing it. :teehee: It wouldn't be romantic at all, for sure, and I would love to hear her interpretation of the song. I guess it would be a little wild, :mf_swordfight:and maybe more "mikaish" :naughty:

I would be glad to hear Mika and iMMA with this song...

I do not hate if someone wishes to hug Mika. These are small pleasure and long memoirs for the one who has dared...

Well, except your touch, as a special exception :aah:

I do not hate if someone wishes to hug Mika. These are small pleasure and long memoirs for the one who has dared...

I don't hate if someone wishes to hug Mika. If it's ok with him, then it's fine. I just hate when someone is persistent even if it's obvious that Mika doesn't want it.