Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

I think they don´t fit together at all. :blink:

Yes, of course, those melodies together do fit, but their voices are just like oil and water. They´ll never really merge. Not for my ears.

indeed :wink2:

Ida has a beautiful voice but when they sing together I almost can't hear Mika as I like, clearly.

I meant that after a couple of listening it simply sounded better than earlier. :dunno: The song has grown in me but not completely.

No way that their voices match perfectly, I only said they sounded better when singing together the chorus than separetely their own sections.

It's something new for our ears and maybe we need some time to get used to it.:wink2:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what? Our touches are disgusting for Him? As a conclusion... If we( fans) are not friends for Him....

I mean there are levels in-between---I know he sometimes likes hugging fans :blush-anim-cl: but I do not expect to have the same intensity he feels for his friends! And when he interacts with Ida there's full evidence of this!:biggrin2:

at the same time I think he finds some fan attitude quite disgusting :teehee:

Edited by robertina

Fans love him, and fans are friendly, but you can't expect someone, not even such a lovable person like Mika, to like being touched by strangers. :boxed: I mean we are strangers to him, no matter how much we love him. I completely understand that and I hate to see when someone tries to hug him even when it's so obvious that he doesn't want it. Especially in a big crowd.

On the other I saw some videos when he is really friendly with his fans. I saw one, I think from Australia, some M&G, when he touches a hand of a girl to comfort, and calm her, because she was so obviously excited to see him that she was shaking. That was really touchy. So he doesn't have the problem with touching. But surely doesn't like pushy people. Who would? :sneaky2:

I'm sorry for being a bit :ot: Just had to.

Oh can you post a link to the video please? :teehee:

I found it! You can see it at 0:30, but the whole video is lovely. I guess they are members of MFC, and Mika is so modest and sweet. :wub2:

oh yes..thay are all members here!

Happikali, mouselle, nico collard, rainbow sky..can any Aussie tell the story? :wub2:

back in the 2007...oh happy memories!

I don't hate if someone wishes to hug Mika. If it's ok with him, then it's fine. I just hate when someone is persistent even if it's obvious that Mika doesn't want it.

I mean there are levels in-between---I know he sometimes likes hugging fans :blush-anim-cl: but I do not expect to have the same intensity he feels for his friends! And when he interacts with Ida there's full evidence of this!:biggrin2:

at the same time I think he finds some fan attitude quite disgusting :teehee:

Are known such examples to you ? I do not know such cases that Mika fought back of someone's embraces:biggrin2:. He suffers all and He will give no sign, that something is unpleasant to Him...:wub2: Poor guy:teehee:

I managed to digress once again.

I meant that after a couple of listening it simply sounded better than earlier. :dunno: The song has grown in me but not completely.

No way that their voices match perfectly, I only said they sounded better when singing together the chorus than separetely their own sections.

It's something new for our ears and maybe we need some time to get used to it.:wink2:

I can not get used that half of the song is sung not by Mika. Total rejection. I cannot coerce myself to relax and enjoy this song. Because when I listen to Mika, I am dissolved in each sound, I flow and pour together in His voice, I listen attentively and admire, catching every nuance and each shade of His voice, I am bathing and drowning in His timbre...

She prevent me. I cannot and I do not wish to receive the same feelings with an another's female voice. It is similar to violent actions.

I can not get used that half of the song is sung not by Mika. Total rejection. I cannot coerce myself to relax and enjoy this song. Because when I listen to Mika, I am dissolved in each sound, I flow and pour together in His voice, I listen attentively and admire, catching every nuance and each shade of His voice, I am bathing and drowning in His timbre...

She prevent me. I cannot and I do not wish to receive the same feelings with an another's female voice. It is similar to violent actions.

Lena, please lighten up. Please take some advice. You are setting yourself up for a lot of heartache if you continue like this.

Mika has chosen to sing the song with Ida. Maybe he'll eventually sing it also with Imma, or with another female artist. The point is, he wrote a duet to sing with someone else, just as many singers do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's quite natural for singers to sing duets. If you won't listen to the song, or any of Mika's songs that have another soloist's voice along with Mika's voice, then I think that is very unfortunate for you and you are going to be very disappointed in the end.

What? Violent? What do you mean? :boxed:

So I have not yet said anything about this.

I like this the least of the three new songs. Firstly - I don't like Ida's voice in this. Secondly - it's.. well.. a bit boring actually. But I didn't like Elle Me Dit at first too, but now I do.

But seriously? BIOTG, BIOTW, Rain, "stormy weather, here we go again", "could we make it better, stormy weather?" :naughty:

I like this the least of the three new songs. Firstly - I don't like Ida's voice in this. Secondly - it's.. well.. a bit boring actually. But I didn't like Elle Me Dit at first too, but now I do.

But seriously? BIOTG, BIOTW, Rain, "stormy weather, here we go again", "could we make it better, stormy weather?" :naughty:

Mika is up for the weather forecast :mf_rosetinted:

What? Violent? What do you mean? :boxed:

Lena writes via a translator. Sometimes the translator doesn't do justice to what she really wants to say.

I took it as Ida's voice feels like getting a shock, it's not pleasing to her ears at all. :blush-anim-cl:

Lena writes via a translator. Sometimes the translator doesn't do justice to what she really wants to say.

I took it as Ida's voice feels like getting a shock, it's not pleasing to her ears at all. :blush-anim-cl:

ok, I understand. I just wanted to know what she really meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

But seriously? BIOTG, BIOTW, Rain, "stormy weather, here we go again", "could we make it better, stormy weather?"

Mika is up for the weather forecast (robertina)

He likes to talk about the weather, most of the Brits do :naughty::wink2:

Lena, please lighten up. Please take some advice. You are setting yourself up for a lot of heartache if you continue like this.

Mika has chosen to sing the song with Ida. Maybe he'll eventually sing it also with Imma, or with another female artist. The point is, he wrote a duet to sing with someone else, just as many singers do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's quite natural for singers to sing duets. If you won't listen to the song, or any of Mika's songs that have another soloist's voice along with Mika's voice, then I think that is very unfortunate for you and you are going to be very disappointed in the end.

You know, today I have realized, why the melody of BIOTW seem not clear and clumsy for me. When Mika sang, I listened and flew... but as soon as another voice wedged , I was nailed to the ground and I could not perceive music. I was simply disconnected , heard nothing and forgot that something plays in my player. My brain disconnected perception of a song in general. I distracted on extraneous thoughts, on surrounding people and "joined" only at approach of a next song. If I supervise myself that will not be disconnected I have time to hear some parts' Mika's singing . But I can not dissolve in the music any more because I strain in pending her voice. It is stronger than me. It is similar to visiting of the dentist. I am compressed pending pains and I am disconnected from an event.

Not exactly, Guylaine :teehee: I agree that her voice is beautiful. But my ears do not need .... I do not like to hear the duet.

ok, I understand. I just wanted to know what she really meant.

I spoke not about her voice, but about feeling. The fact that in this song I was forced to listen the second voice, but I do not want to hear it. Forcibly coerced.

What´s all this about?? if someone doesn´t like a song, it´s up to her/him!!! Lena, if you don´t like the song, fine, don´t listen to it and problem solved!!! I don´t see it´s a big deal!!!:blink:

+1:thumb_yello:

Personally i love it :)

What´s all this about?? if someone doesn´t like a song, it´s up to her/him!!! Lena, if you don´t like the song, fine, don´t listen to it and problem solved!!! I don´t see it´s a big deal!!!:blink:

Is it off topic? Like "Shut up you". I do not listen to it .

It happens that I rage too with some utterance of some people. But I did not try just demand to shut up. Thank you for the idea, Rose!:pinkbow::flowers2::clap:

+1:thumb_yello:

Personally i love it :)

And I love you. Personally. For your toadying. :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Is it off topic? Like "Shut up you". I do not listen to it .

It happens that I rage too with some utterance of some people. But I did not try just demand to shut up. Thank you for the idea, Rose!:pinkbow::flowers2::clap:

And I love you. Personally. For your toadying. :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

I don´t understand what you mean, it´s just that I still don´t understand all this convo... First I can´t understand why you are too upset lately (not only with the song, also with Ida and of course with Jodie) as if you are afraid to discover the "real" Mika... Lena, Mika is a singer/songwriter who writes and will write songs to sing with other people... don´t make a drama if he decides to sing songs with friends or mates of label... He was working with Empire of the Sun, and that Canadian girl (sorry, don´t remember the name) who sang so fine... Mika is almost 28 and he lives in London. He has friends. He likes to party. To party and to sing with Ida... Don´t you think it would be better for you if you just take what you like and skip what you don´t like?? It´s not what I do, cause I take everything... He wants to party with Jodie?? it´s ok for me, I had a good laugh when I see the pic the first time... OH COME ON!!! IT´S FUNNY!! HE LOOKS LIKE AN ALPHA MALE!!!:aah::aah:

But for what I´ve read from you these last months, you are not used to Mika´s eccentricities, and he is quite eccentric... I can´t imagine how your reaction was when he was caught totally drunk going out from that drag queens party years ago... Mika is not just the smiling guy who sings Lollipop on stage... He is also a human being who likes to party and to do silly things... Be happy Lena...

I don´t understand what you mean, it´s just that I still don´t understand all this convo... First I can´t understand why you are too upset lately (not only with the song, also with Ida and of course with Jodie) as if you are afraid to discover the "real" Mika... Lena, Mika is a singer/songwriter who writes and will write songs to sing with other people... don´t make a drama if he decides to sing songs with friends or mates of label... He was working with Empire of the Sun, and that Canadian girl (sorry, don´t remember the name) who sang so fine... Mika is almost 28 and he lives in London. He has friends. He likes to party. To party and to sing with Ida... Don´t you think it would be better for you if you just take what you like and skip what you don´t like?? It´s not what I do, cause I take everything... He wants to party with Jodie?? it´s ok for me, I had a good laugh when I see the pic the first time... OH COME ON!!! IT´S FUNNY!! HE LOOKS LIKE AN ALPHA MALE!!!:aah::aah

But for what I´ve read from you these last months, you are not used to Mika´s eccentricities, and he is quite eccentric... I can´t imagine how your reaction was when he was caught totally drunk going out from that drag queens party years ago... Mika is not just the smiling guy who sings Lollipop on stage... He is also a human being who likes to party and to do silly things... Be happy Lena...

Well said, :thumb_yello:

Well said basicamenteyo

HE LOOKS LIKE AN ALPHA MALE!!!

:roftl::floor:

And Lollipop is quite an eccentric song, isn't it?

Hi everyone ! Let`s get back to the song, ok ? (OMG, it`s my very first message here !!!)

I really don`t get why so many people can`t see its beauty. BIOTW sounds like true Mika, I think most of us are happy he has this magical sound back. I hope, we`ll have it as an official single soon.

Hi everyone ! Let`s get back to the song, ok ? (OMG, it`s my very first message here !!!)

I really don`t get why so many people can`t see its beauty. BIOTW sounds like true Mika, I think most of us are happy he has this magical sound back. I hope, we`ll have it as an official single soon.

hello, welcome here! :welcomeani:

I think the song IS beautiful, I just mind Ida´s sharp voice in it. That´s it. :wink2: