Your SHORT opinion about 3 new songs

1) girl_yes.gif

Made me smile instantly. Very catchy, though from the beginning I considered it more of a gimmick than a song that can make in on an album. It's just not the quality I'm used to with Mika.

2) girl_wink.gif

After listening for the first time I thought 'Oh that's nice.' and continued looking forward to the other songs that seriously might be on the album. Re-evaluated it after having listened to 3). Like it now.

3) girl_nea.gif

Must mean something to him. Otherwise I can't see a reason why he had it on his setlist. Ida on it: No. This is like velvet in a pot of liquid nitrogen. I'd give it another shot with just Mika or Mika and another duet voice. They can think of something better for Ida (Like in GGG).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As somebody has said before, French doesn`t come to him as naturally as English does. But `82, rue de martyr` seems more fluent. Maybe the lyrics are written in better French, but I have to read them first :wink2: do you know where could I find them, if they are available?

Here you go:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3510943&postcount=186

:thumb_yello:

1. Elle me dit: The first time was not impressed. But after a few listens well and remember liking. Under it's great to jump)

2. Karen: I do not know French and I do not understand what this song. Music without words is easy to remember, but hard to imagine what could be the song.

3. BIOTW: Like! Music tells all - you can not know the language and enjoy the song.

1. Elle me dit. It is not my cup of tea at all. But this melody is catching and memorable. I will be happy to see a music vid of this song on french music channel.

2. 82, rue des Martyrs (Karen). I really like it - story, music, French language.

3. BIOTW: I am in love with it. But Ida part could be softer, not such deafening.

Have a good luck with you album, Mika!

1. Did not expect much of it, I knew writing in French would be tricky.. BUT, even though I admit it is not his best song, I recognise Mika in it and it is very catchy and brilliant live :wub2: I love it now.

2.:wub2::wub2: For me he has succeeded in writing a French song. Voice, lyrics, rhythm, melody, intensity in live, this song is gorgeous. Love how the French words come out of his mouth. They sound delicious.

3. Not sure yet. It was moving live. But for me it does not sound like Mika very much. I had the feeling it was a cover of a song I had already heard.

1. Elle me dit - I really like this one, Always puts me in a happy mood. Kinda familiar to that feeling that "Grace Kelly" firstly brought to me.

2. Karen - It's ok, I guess... Melody seems fine since I don't understand the lyrics.

3. BIOTW - Don't like this one at all now... Just blah. I expected Mika writing something umm.. original, not the blaming thing again.

1. Elle me dit - I love it. The melody is so happy and energetic

2. Karen - Love it even more. So deep and beautiful.

3. BIOTW - It's not for me, but I still enjoy how his and Ida's voices work together.

Elle Me Dit - At the beginning I didn't like the sound, but now I'm addicted. Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie? DANSE DANSE DANSE :roftl:

82 rue des Martyrs - nice, I like the story of Karen.

weather song - My dear Mika, why do you blame so much? and why Ida? She's absolutely talented, but your and her voice don't work together. For my ears...

All in all, I don't get butterflies in my stomach if I listen to these new songs, I'm sorry.

Elle me dit - I loved it since I heard it for the first time!! :biggrin2:

Karen - At first I wasn't sure, but after two or three listening it almost became one of my favorite songs...I guess there is something in the melody or the fact that the song is on french and although I don't understand it so good, I'm in love with that language :wub2:

Blame it on the weather - Well, the song is nice, but unfortunately that's all i can say... i'm not so impressed with it. :teehee:

1. Elle Me Dit - Love it. Not his best and not my favourite either, but it's playful, it's like the brother of "One Foot Boy" (at least that's how I see it)

2. 82, Rue Des Martyrs - Used to make me snooze at the first 4-5 listens, but over the past few days it has grown on me. I think with some little mindful rearrangements (i.e. to make it sound more like Mika and/or make it sound less like other tunes that have already seen the light, maybe develop the piano tunes a little more, the ones in this live version seem kind of dull and familiar) this could be a really good track.

3. Blame It On The Weather - TBH, it sends chills down my spine until I realize that Ida's voice is too shrilly (as Sariflor said) for the deep voice that Mika uses here; when I hear them sing together I visualize her as a backing vocal rather than a singer in a duet. Otherwise, if Mika really takes the time to manufacture some real lyrics for this song (and perhaps a cleverer title), it'll become one of my favourites :wub2:

1. Elle Me Dit - Love it. Not his best and not my favourite either, but it's playful, it's like the brother of "One Foot Boy" (at least that's how I see it)

OFB at Live@Home was more than amazing! I would like to hear EMD in that acoustic format :wub2:

1. catchy and fun... LOVE it despite i don't know french.

2. very pop song... it "hooked" me, LOVE it too... wish i understood the lyrics

3. not my song. the lyrics too cheesy for me... and i think it would sound better if either Mika or Ida sang it alone, but not together ... that's not what i'd want to hear in the new album

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody:boing:

As for me:

1) I just love it, since I heard it for the first time. It's 100% summer hit!!! For me this summer will be associated with it, for sure!

2) I love the lyrics, the story is just great, but don't really like melody:boxed: It doesn't touch me, can't explain why.

3) Love the song, perfect duet. They sound so true...for I could believe the feelings they sings about.

Elle Me Dit: I think it's really great. Even though it's in French Mika has written it with the sing-a-longs at the gigs in mind. The Elle Me Dit danse bits, and the porquar etc (probably not spelled right) bits are great lines to sing to.

Karen: I think it's good the way the song builds. I really like it and I think Mika puts plenty of emotion into it.

BIOTW: I agree with the majority that the title sucks. He should just call it Weather. Yes, the lyrics are a bit too formulaic, but they could be changed, especially the "Hear my song, it won't last too long," part. But it's great for a change of pace, I love hearing Mika sing a love song that is stripped bare and all about the emotion.

1. Didn't really love it at first, don't really love it now either :aah: But it's not bad. (Elle me dit)

2. The chemistry between Meeks and Ida = a win. (BIOTW)

3. Brilliant everything. I find this song so damn good I can almost overshoot the resemblance with those "Viva la Vida" chords :roftl:

Archived