Your SHORT opinion about 3 new songs

I have seen that 3 new songs caused severe discussions - some people like it and some dislike. So, I'm really interesting to see the real facts!

Could you, boys and girls, write 2-3 lines about each song, your sincere opinion. But please avoid excessive arguing!

1. Elle Me Dit

2. 82, rue des Martyrs (Karen)

3. Blame It On The Weather

So, about me. Like that.

1. Didn't like it at first, but now it has stolen my mind! Totally obsessed.

2. Not bad, but, as Suzie said, too unstructured. I doubt that common people will love it as it needs. I like his French, though.

3. Hmmmm a bit boring... too Diana Ross-like. Maybe I just don't understand this duet.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Simple, but funny. Love the beat.

2. Can,t explain but love it.

General comment for the 2 first songs: I was one of the people who wanted him to sing in french so I really appreciate those songs. He doesn't sing the same way in French...

3. There is potential, love the fact that it's a love song that is more direct in its story telling.

Very short ... I don't like the two new ones ... and I've listened to them a fair few times ... I like Elle Mi Dit though ... did from first listen ... ummmmmmm ... nowt else to say :aah:

1. Love it, especially live.

2. Didn't like it by hearing the compiègne vids, liked it better live. It's okay.

3. Really don't like it, was counting the seconds for it to finish live.

1. love it to bits, it's fun, makes me feel good and like dancing, lyrics touch some chords of mine inside

2. growing on me, not a masterpiece but like it, love him singing in French

3. lovely although too ordinary, very similar to other songs, Ida's voice predominant, banal lyrics, good to relax or falling asleep

1. I like it. I was so happy when it first came out, and I totally loved it live:thumb_yello:

2. Personally I like it more than Elle me dit, don't know why...it's catchy and I love his voice when he's singing "elle est libre":wub2: (call me crazy:teehee:)

3. I found it a little boring...maybe it'll sound better on CD, but... maybe the title has its own fault:dunno: when I first read it I thought Mika lost his mind(again:teehee:)

But still love Mika:wink2: and can't wait for his new album.

1. I like it. I was so happy when it first came out, and I totally loved it live:thumb_yello:

2. Personally I like it more than Elle me dit, don't know why...it's catchy and I love his voice when he's singing "elle est libre":wub2: (call me crazy:teehee:)

3. I found it a little boring...maybe it'll sound better on CD, but... maybe the title has its own fault:dunno: when I first read it I thought Mika lost his mind(again:teehee:)

hmmm why ... the minute I saw your username .... did I think of Chucky ... :lmfao:

Sorry ... carry on :teehee:

1. Elle Me Dit - Love the way it "sounds" happy.

2. Karen - Too good for words.

3. Blame it on the Weather - Also pretty, even with simple lyrics. Perfect as a love ballad.

Love them all, actually!

I did not want to answer first but because DQ mentions my name I have to :aah: (:teehee:). I take back the 'unstructured' comment though... :roftl:

:Update:

1., EMD in Frech:pbjt:

EMD in English :thumb_yello::yay:

2., 82, rue des Martyrs :bored: Beautiful singing in the verses, but when the chorus starts to build it gets clichéd and there is no flawless binding between the different parts of the song... Also, what exactly is the bit the piano and the strings play? Guess I have already heard it before.

3., BIOTW :pinkbow: ..... Can we have it with less emotions in the singing and fewer clichés in the lyrics, please? :naughty: Otherwise really melodic tune. :thumb_yello: That's where the contrasts Mika is famous for should be used. How about a simple and restrained way of singing of that catchy tune and using very basic arrangements with some really gloomy theme?

1. A really happy, summer song. Could listen to it all day long.

2. The one I love the most out of the three. Just awesome.

3. I think it would be better without Ida, or with someone else. I think their voices don't work well together.

Loved Elle Me Dit straight away.

Didnt like um 'the other french one' when I heard the begining but now I love it...especially the chorus!

And I love Blame it on the Weather. Reminds me of a Disney song :teehee: (I thought it was a joke at first when I saw a thread called 'Blame it on the Weather - Song Discussion) :aah: I think both of their voices are beautiful and when I heard Ida I was like :shocked: She's amazing.

Edit - sorry, was that a bit long? :blink::aah:

I see the first results :glasses3:

Poor BIOTWeather song :naughty:

:roftl:

Loved Elle Me Dit straight away.

Didnt like um 'the other french one' when I heard the begining but now I love it...especially the chorus!

And I love Blame it on the Weather. Reminds me of a Disney song :teehee:(I thought it was a joke at first when I saw a thread called 'Blame it on the Weather - Song Discussion) :aah: I think both of their voices are beautiful and when I heard Ida I was like :shocked: She's amazing.

Edit - sorry, was that a bit long? :blink::aah:

:roftl:

I think the 3rd opinion is a bit too long: you aren't allowed to write more than 1 line per song :mf_rosetinted:

joking of course :naughty:

1 It was love at first sight :wub2: I mean first hearing :teehee:

According to my last.fm counter I've already listened to it 563 times:blush-anim-cl: Mika really caught me to this catchy song:naughty:

2.I like it very much-chorus is stuck in my head:aah:

3.I adore love ballads like this one. But in this song I like only Mika's parts cos Ida's voice is so annoying for me ( apart Happy Ending). And this title-is that a bad joke?:sneaky2:

1. Elle Me Dit - I love the music/feel, and love the lyrics even more.

2. Karen - I love it, it's beautiful and inspiring.

3. Weather - The music is lovely, and I like some of the lyrics. It's not really my style, but it's grown on me.

1. Elle Me Dit

It's fine. Not great, not crappy, a decent summer dance song, but not mindblowing. My biggest gripe is the synthed-up vocals.

2. 82, rue des Martyrs (Karen)

My favourite of the three! I love the way it starts slow and then builds up when the drums kick in. I do wish I could understand the words, but the melody is good enough that I can overlook that. :teehee:

I hope he goes with "82 Rue Des Martyrs" instead of just "Karen" for the official title.

Meh. I don't think Ida makes a good pop singer. It's like they're trying to force her stunning classical voice into a box it doesn't fit into. I preferred her doing the opera intro last year for Good Gone Girl. I'd like to hear iMMa do this song with him.

Oh and it needs a new title. How about just "Weather"...? We've already blamed it on the girls, no need to blame it on the weather too. :naughty:

I hope he goes with "82 Rue Des Martyrs" instead of just "Karen" for the official title.

Meh. I don't think Ida makes a good pop singer. It's like they're trying to force her stunning classical voice into a box it doesn't fit into. I preferred her doing the opera intro last year for Good Gone Girl. I'd like to hear iMMa do this song with him.

Oh and it needs a new title. How about just "Weather"...? We've already blamed it on the girls, no need to blame it on the weather too. :naughty:

Agree, 'Karen' doesnt suit it. :blink:

But it isnt really a pop song? :blink: I would like to hear iMMa sing it with him too...:teehee:

My exact thoughts in red...and I'm crazy already :lmfao:

Archived