General Q-ing discussion - please play nice everyone!

Statue_of_Liberty

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I just could see Janis.... :tears:

I would queue for my whole life.... :tears:

Ummmmmmmmmm ... I've heard the name before ... but please don't slap me ... who is Janis Joplin :eek:

Ummmmmmmmmm ... I've heard the name before ... but please don't slap me ... who is Janis Joplin :eek:

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

My friends all drive Porsches

I must make amends

Worked hard all my lifetime

no help from my friends

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

I think she's just wondering if he's sick of seeing our mugs at every gig. :naughty:

I can say for certain that there are at least some people he loves to see in the front because I've seen his reaction when he spots them.

Indeed I think for him it's more fun to see people who dance over people who just stand there as if they are attending a funeral:mf_rosetinted:

Indeed I think for him it's more fun to see people who dance over people who just stand there as if they are attending a funeral:mf_rosetinted:

Well but there are...

Nah, forget it... :mf_rosetinted:

:blink:

I am not sure what you are talking about but I think we met some of the same front row fans at some previous gigs, standing there like some guarding statues... :naughty:

I have absolutely no idea who the hell you are talking about.:mf_rosetinted:

It´s odd cause it was you who started this :mf_rosetinted:

I was talking about myself. I need to loosen up a bit more. I am afraid to dance. Always wondering what Mika would think of me if I'd let myself go and made a fool out of myself.:mf_rosetinted:

:blink:

I am not sure what you are talking about but I think we met some of the same front row fans at some previous gigs, standing there like some guarding statues... :naughty:

Never noticed them... :mf_rosetinted: I was talking about Ingie too! :mf_rosetinted:

I can't imagine it ever happening to you, Ingie.:mf_rosetinted:

I know! I am so in control at all times. I just...you know...feel awkward. Imagine if I attract all the attention. People will be like: "OMG look at that poser!"

I can't bear the thought of that, I value other people's opinion about me far too much :tears:

This queue for U2 in Toronto just shows how unaccustomed people are to queuing for gigs that they refuse to stand. I was thinking if every Mika fan did this you wouldn't need a number system because everyone has already staked their claim with a lawn chair :lmfao:

U2Line.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd been there since the day before the show....

And that just reminded me... At U2's first Melbourne show, because people weren't allowed to queue at Etihad Stadium till 9am the day of the show, they gave people who showed up a number. Those people were then put in a separate queue, and anyone that lined up after 9am went to a different queue. I remember seeing people having a snooze in swags, and I think someone even brought one of those fold up shade tent thingies...

Admittedly, they didn't get in that much ahead of the rest of us (I think most went for the inner circle, and we were close enough to the front of one line that we could've gotten inner circle!)...

For U2.They had a numbered system in Montreal, they show it on TV.

Those U2 fans are super organised :teehee:

I think this has to do with hardcore support rather than familiar faces per se, and ironically is probably a lot more important at a festival than his regular tour. I'm sure most of the people who somehow manage to make it to the front of a Mika gig are going to be pretty excited to be there.

I think this applies to Mika and all artists, really. I can't imagine the person or people on stage care if it's your first gig or your fiftieth, they simply want to play to an appreciative crowd who obviously enjoy the music.

:dance_man:

No, I didn't mean things like that at all. I meant new = someone who maybe doesn't know his music at all, might be there just by accident and just happens to be at gate number 15 at a suitable place and familiar = a serious fan, maybe not familiar to him but who knows his music and loves it.

The front row is very different if it's full of people who doesn't know or care about his music like fans. And like Christine said it can matter especially at festivals, it can be important to have some support in front of a huge audience. I don't know if it is important at his own solo gigs. I can see even people who don't actually like his music enjoying at his gigs (he is a very good live artist), and I was just wondering, if he is bored to see only fans.

Good point about festivals. Of course it must be nicer to have fans in the first row but then... it can be so accidental who ends up where (like in Porto where it didn't really matter what time you got to the venue). To Mika's own gigs: I don't think there can be an accident of being in front row if you're not a hardcore fan:wink2: but then again... some hardcore fans don't seem to enjoy the shows anyway. And take a camera/phone away from them and they'd probably go home:naughty: Sorry, but it sometimes looks like a camera/phone is an extension to their arms. I once went to a Scissor Sisters concert and the band asked just for one song that cameras and mobiles were put away so that they could have real contact with audience. And you know? It was amazing! We knew that was the moment that only us in the venue were sharing. I loved that exclusivity, even for once song. Well, that's my digression. I only thought I'd love something similar on MIKA's gigs sometimes.

Good point about festivals. Of course it must be nicer to have fans in the first row but then... it can be so accidental who ends up where (like in Porto where it didn't really matter what time you got to the venue). To Mika's own gigs: I don't think there can be an accident of being in front row if you're not a hardcore fan:wink2: but then again... some hardcore fans don't seem to enjoy the shows anyway. And take a camera/phone away from them and they'd probably go home:naughty: Sorry, but it sometimes looks like a camera/phone is an extension to their arms. I once went to a Scissor Sisters concert and the band asked just for one song that cameras and mobiles were put away so that they could have real contact with audience. And you know? It was amazing! We knew that was the moment that only us in the venue were sharing. I loved that exclusivity, even for once song. Well, that's my digression. I only thought I'd love something similar on MIKA's gigs sometimes.

Totally agree! :naughty:

As for the Scissor Sisters, when I saw them live, Anna said something about slapping whoever had a cell phone in their hands during the concert! :lmfao:

Totally agree! :naughty:

As for the Scissor Sisters, when I saw them live, Anna said something about slapping whoever had a cell phone in their hands during the concert! :lmfao:

Haha, something along those lines! Plus: "Don't you want to look at your lovely Sisters? Not even for one song?" I loved that!

Archived