Mika's dream woman?

Vanessa-a.k.a-Echa

Maybe this thread should have included in the title: Let's pretend...or Fantasy...:teehee:

I am so sure that the need for this fantasy that there is a dream woman for Mika stems from the desperate dream of many girls on MFC that is:

a) Mika will meet them one day,

b) Mika will think they are cute, funny, beautiful, wonderful

c) Mika will fall in love with them and only them

d) Mika will want to marry them/spend the rest of his life with her

e) They will have a family and all will be happy ever after.

So many girls dream of marrying their idol - look how many MFC user names on FB have Penniman in them...girls dream of the wedding dress, they wonder what their babies would look like....brilliant full-colour fantasies!!!:pinkbow:

We can throw buckets and buckets of cold water (reality) over the fantasies, but there will still be millions of girls out there dreaming, and nothing we say can ever stop them.

But in Mika's case there are also a lot of boys out there dreaming too...OK they aren't dreaming of the dress and the babies, but it is still a), b) and c) above.

I think one of the peculiarities of MFC is that we see 13 year olds fantasizing about Mika (is this normal? you decide...), and mixing with 45 year olds fantasizing about Mika(is this normal? you decide...) and discussing these things in a way they might not do in real face-to-face conversation. When a 13 year old wants to dream of marriage and babies, we probably think - oh she will grow out of it...but if a 45 year old is STILL dreaming of marriage and babies with her idol, we aren't quite as forgiving. And Mika just goes and complicates the whole fantasy by adding 13 year old boys and 45 year old men into the mix. :aah:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe this thread should have included in the title: Let's pretend...or Fantasy...:teehee:

I am so sure that the need for this fantasy that there is a dream woman for Mika stems from the desperate dream of many girls on MFC that is:

So many girls dream of marrying their idol - look how many MFC user names on FB have Penniman in them...girls dream of the wedding dress, they wonder what their babies would look like....brilliant full-colour fantasies!!!:pinkbow:

We can throw buckets and buckets of cold water (reality) over the fantasies, but there will still be millions of girls out there dreaming, and nothing we say can ever stop them.

But in Mika's case there are also a lot of boys out there dreaming too...OK they aren't dreaming of the dress and the babies, but it is still a), b) and c) above.

I think one of the peculiarities of MFC is that we see 13 year olds fantasizing about Mika (is this normal? you decide...), and mixing with 45 year olds fantasizing about Mika(is this normal? you decide...) and discussing these things in a way they might not do in real face-to-face conversation. When a 13 year old wants to dream of marriage and babies, we probably think - oh she will grow out of it...but if a 45 year old is STILL dreaming of marriage and babies with her idol, we aren't quite as forgiving. And Mika just goes and complicates the whole fantasy by adding 13 year old boys and 45 year old men into the mix. :aah:

:boing::boing:

ooopssssss

Totally forgot that I'm already married :naughty::naughty:

Or wait, I don't wont to marry him! Who will need an older women with 2 kids? Poor boy :mf_rosetinted:

So, I'm relatively normal. I still can think sober :glasses3:

I think the difference is that at 13 you really believe your fantasy could come true, whereas at 45 you recognise it for what it is, a fantasy.

:lmfao: I hope he is not so vain as to only want to date himself. :shocked:

Not so sure about that... :fisch:

ive listened to this one before but apparently, its never been translated(im sure it was tho.. but anyways), so here we go:

They're talking about his double in the Grévin museum.

Mika: yeah its weird.. i hope he'll be pretty

Host: i dunno... when you were a kid in Paris didnt you imagine...

Mika: i hope he'll be prettier than me with 5 kilos less

Host: 5 kilos less it'll be a string...

Mika: no it wont be a strong. It'll be the guy that i wanna be. *laughs* With more muscles with no.. erm..

Host: wrinkles...?

Mika: ring under my eyes... not wrinkles!! i dont have wrinkles!! Common!

Host: no, its the word.. i was looking for it... But are you proud still? To be i the Grévin museum?? Did you know the Gérvin museum when you were a kid in Paris?

Mika: yeah of course. The mirror room is one of my favorite things in France. You have to gothere. Most of the people that dont there dont know that it was biult at the same time as the Eiffel Tower, to celebrate electricity. Very impressive, and very important for Paris.

Host: Now that there'll be a Mika statue in the Grévin museum, youre like okay, youve succeeded in life...

Mika:When he will be finished, im going to go there and give him a big kiss! Because the other Mika is the perfect partner for me. I wouldnt be lonely anymore with him. *laughs*

Host: Mika, in his new house in London, with his statue from the Grévin museum that he will bring home.

Mika: I'm gonna bring him home and put him in my bed, and say"ah its okay, lets get married, we'll be fine." *laughs*

I think the difference is that at 13 you really believe your fantasy could come true, whereas at 45 you recognise it for what it is, a fantasy.

I would not be too sure about that.

not sure if at 45 you recognise or not sure if it is a fantasy?

AAAARRRGGGHHH this is just pissed me off:aah:.....i made this thread not to discuss his sexuality......well although i typed it dream "wo"man.....but let's just believe that he's straight, and don't get this thing too serious:boxed:.....MIKA PLEASE READ THIS THREAD SO YOU CAN STRAIGHTEN THE FACTS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

All right. Let's believe together in silence.:mf_rosetinted:

------

I would like to add about Ida. It was jealousy. I'm not think anything bad things about her.

All is gone.

I'm putting this down to a translation issue, but I don't want you to die over it :aah:

I don't understand why you have "little choice". Everyone has a choice nowadays. Even if you are religious you have the choice to leave the religion if there is something you do not agree with. There is so much freedom nowadays, people can come and go as they please like the wind. If you disliked those who are not straight because of religious reasons, then I would accept your argument if you disliked Mika as well (because he is non-straight). I wouldn't agree with your choice, but I would understand.

I just do not understand how you can accept one man's non-straight way of life but dislike ALL others. I'm not asking you to love them! Just to accept them. I've come across homosexuals before that greatly annoy me in the same way straight people do, but that doesn't mean I don't accept their way of life. Surely if you accept one then you accept ALL? I don't understand how that is hard to do when you have already done it for one person.

I think you simply choose to refuse, which is a different thing altogether.

How do you feel about his song Billy Brown? Do you hate it? Dislike listening to it? Disagree with the lyrics? Or even Lady GaGa's "Born This Way"?

Let's just say Mika took to Twitter and said "everyone, I want you to meet my boyfriend!" and showed a picture of them together. How would that make you feel? Disgusted? Happy for him because he's happy and found love? Devastated that he didn't choose you? I mean, what is it that you have a problem with specifically?

I wanted to leave my religion, when the first church refused on pray for health of Paloma. ( another's religion anf not ortodox name). But I immediately felt abandoned and unwanted. October. Chill. Rain.

But my religion with me. It helps me.

I do not want a lot of freedom. I have my own bounding boxes. They are very close, but I feel that it is correct. It's not against for me. Not force. This is mine. I am as a recluse. I can not be like the wind. I am ashamed.

I am devastated by the fact that I'm older. I think that even it is wrong for me . And shameful. For myself

Lena, remember this word TOLERANCE!!!! Why should I hate you?? Have you ever tried to hurt me? no. I can´t love or hate people just cause their sexual orientation or way of thinking. I just think you are not getting the whole happiness you could get with Mika (I mean what with Mika represents not with the man himself LOL) because of your feelings about his sexuality. I really feel sorry for you, cause we have lots of fun joking about this when he appears with Jodie or other gays, and you could have a good laugh with us!! We are not hurting Mika, we respect him from deep inside. I love him, seriously I do. But my world doesn´t turn around his belly button. Yours shouldn´t either. And even less if you still rather see only what you want.

Stay happy!!!!! And though I totally disagree with you in almost everything (:aah:) I don´t hate you! I love you! You are different, but this is good!! Mika is different too!!!

I do not think about his sexuality all the time. Even now. We're talking, but I do not think so. If I think I'm starting to suffer. Now it is off .

my world turn around His belly button

I don't hate or dislike you. It takes a lot for me to hate someone. I just doubt it that we will become best friends because the way we think about things are way too different.

Okay, I'll remember that there is no dislike

I have not slept for more than 30 consecutive hours.

Tii, your English is far better than some of our English natives, how many times do we have to tell you this?! :lmao:

Seriously Nina your English is amazing, you should not be self conscious about it at all. I can understand if it's too much effort sometimes to respond though.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with your English. :dunno: Small grammar mistakes hardly ever change the meaning what one has to say about a topic. Lena speaks basically no English but most of the time we understand really well what she is talking about. In fact, I like a lot of expressions she uses, like 'Are you intolerant in your tolerance?'..etc. (good one, Lena:thumb_yello:)

So, once we started it we might as well continue with the sensitive issue you want to raise. :teehee:

:huglove: It's not only about grammar and spelling errors, though I think they can be really annoying to people with good language skills (and I hate to think that no one wants to read my posts because my English is too annoying). The problem is that I have huge difficulties in finding words and it makes me really frustrated because I'm used to express myself so much better in my own language.

So I deleted my post :teehee: I'm afraid there are too many emotions involved in any case. Like many of you, I have some gay friends who have to lie/pretend to be something else every single day just to be accepted by their families/colleagues etc, and seriously, we live year 2011 in a civilized country :blink: It's just heart-breaking, I can't help it. So it's very difficult to see homophobia as a matter of opinion (whether you like the new EMD video is a matter of opinion, for example), I think homophobia is more like racism, and it's not easy to tolerate. Should we tolerate it?? :blink: I still have nothing against anyone personally. I just feel very strongly about these issues, and it's really difficult to write about them in a suitable way with poor English.

And this thread is too serious already, I wanted to read about Mika's dream girl!! For some reason mr tiibet doesn't seem to feel himself threatened at all :sneaky2::roftl:

Btw, there was a very, very, very popular pop singer in Finland in 1980s. He was a vocalist in a band. 10-15 years later he suddenly decided to call to one of his fans (the girl was a teenager at the 80s) and they got married and had 2 children. I read somewhere that they are divorced now.

I still don't want to encourage anyone to have too many dreams :aah:

Lena your translated writing is becoming very very good. I understand your posts better than some English speakers'. :teehee:

Mika said this because he does not agree that sexuality should have a label, not because he is straight. If he was straight he would have said "you can call me straight" :wink2:

Whether Mika likes labels or not, "bisexuality" is defined as exactly what Mika described. He described it in the interview and he has confirmed it again in other interviews.

I have no idea who Mika has been with in his life, who he might settle down with one day, how strongly he feels towards members of the same sex, how strongly he feels towards members of the opposite sex. But when a person says they are open to falling in love with a man or a woman then they are not heterosexual. You can label it whatever you want, but it's not heterosexuality so you are going to get people disagreeing with you if you say that Mika is straight or that he has not said he's bisexual.

That is fair enough. I don't think anyone expects you to accept it as the norm. But I think most people accept it as reality.

Mika is not ashamed to discuss it or to pose for pictures with gay friends, etc. He stayed quiet about it for years but he has decided to speak relatively openly about his sexuality. So even if it makes you angry that doesn't mean it's inappropriate for the rest of us to discuss.

Okay i surrendered :bow: you had cleared my mind, even if he's gay bi or straight I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER AS HE IS:giveup:

i'm not going to concern about this matter anymore haha.........WELL LET'S CONTINUE THE TOPIC: What kind of PERSON Mika would like to be his lifetime partner?

The thing that makes me sad when reading this thread is that this is exactly Mika's point. It's the message he tries to bring across.

He shows us how colourful the world is, that there are big girls, Billy Browns, Lollipopgirls, heart-broken and blue-eyed people and that they all want and deserve love. And that everybody is allowed to love whoever they want to, no matter if it's a big girl, a Billy, a Lollipopgirl,... you'll get the idea.

And the reason why we are here, posting, reading and meeting each other is Mika and a fascination for his music. I just don't get how especially in a fan club like his a discussion like this could come up. Aren't we the ones who interpret his lyrics and shows the most? If we don't get the message that it's not about what you look like, who you love and what your opinion is, then who would?

well okay we'll get back on the thread:

just change the woman to person:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

For me the criteria are, as what i expect from myself, would be like these:

-they should be as crazy as him

-they can cook well because Mika reaaaallly likes to eat

-they're short (some1 says it's a turn on for him)

-they can give some advice and support him when he's down and stressed out (especially when recording in studio)

-they should know many exciting places to go around the world cos Mika likes to have fun and travel

-they should take care of his house (clean and well decorated) and his laundry

-they should not remind him of his past, childhood or stuffs like that

-they should understand Mika's feelings even he doesn't speak about it (cos he's quite a solitary person in discussing his problems)

-they can make him laugh

-they can make good relationships with his big family

-if they're married to Mika, they should agree to name their son Alice

:roftl:

:huglove: It's not only about grammar and spelling errors, though I think they can be really annoying to people with good language skills (and I hate to think that no one wants to read my posts because my English is too annoying). The problem is that I have huge difficulties in finding words and it makes me really frustrated because I'm used to express myself so much better in my own language.

I totally understand why it's a struggle for you and that's why I don't even attempt to write in French. But don't think you are annoying anyone. I promise you this is not true. I put you right up there with all the almost-native speakers like Suzie, Ingie and Sariflor in terms of ease-of-reading even if they might find it easier to write.

So it's very difficult to see homophobia as a matter of opinion (whether you like the new EMD video is a matter of opinion, for example), I think homophobia is more like racism, and it's not easy to tolerate. Should we tolerate it?? :blink:

I don't think it should be tolerated. If we had a man who was raised in a society where women were treated like property instead of human beings I don't think we would tolerate it if he came in here espousing those types of views. I can have empathy for the person but that doesn't mean I need to tolerate their sexist views.

I lived in South Africa and even the liberal minded people who were raised there during apartheid have some really screwed up ideas about race and racial groups - there was even prejudice and segregation between different white populations. I understand why they think the way they do but I'm sure this kind of thinking would not be tolerated on MFC if people were saying the things I've heard in South Africa.

Okay i surrendered :bow: you had cleared my mind, even if he's gay bi or straight I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER AS HE IS:giveup:

i'm not going to concern about this matter anymore haha.........WELL LET'S CONTINUE THE TOPIC: What kind of PERSON Mika would like to be his lifetime partner?

Oh yay, success!! :yay:

I don't really have an answer to your question though, sorry. I think anyone who would be with Mika long-term would probably have to be okay with putting Mika's needs before their own because he is high maintenance :naughty:

David Bisbal (a Spanish singer) married the admin of his fanclub.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fisch:

Why do you think he's run off to California while Deb is at Disneyland...hmm?? :fisch:

I just finished reading the whole thread and I have seen many posts/opinions I agree with and some I don't.

First of all: I find it very important that discussions like this one happen on the MFC. Exchanging opinons/experiences always helps to understand the whole kaleidoscope of opinions better.

On a general note: It makes me sad that there is still so much intolerance in this world: there still is racism, handicapped people are still being marginalised, women are not always treated the same as their male counterparts, children can't always live a child's life, Gay, Lesbian and Transgender people often have to deal with huge difficulties and so on. The list is endless.

Very often, in society if don't live your life according to the "norm" (whatever that is :sneaky2:) you are considered a citizen of second class. In some societies this is less he case in some more. It depends on many factors.

I was for instance completely shocked when I learnt that in some villages in (very Catholic parts) of Germany it is still very common that the bride HAS TO wear a red dress if she's not a virgin the day of her marriage.

How come this is still possible nowadays?? Like in the 21st century.

I like to think of myself as a free spirit. I beleive that everyone is entitled to their opinion...However, what I find frustrating are people that close themselves to any discussion at all and believe that the only right opinion is theirs - and everybody else is wrong and a sinner and so on. :boxed:

To get a bit closer to this thread's topic... :biggrin2:

I just cannot understand how anybody would judge a person based on their sexual orientation. To me this is just another feature to a person such as someone's hair colour, someone's language etc.

I have many friends, some of them are blond-haired, some have brown eyes, some are straight, some aren't.

Nevertheless it is true that some of my gay friends often have to deal with problems that arise in a society where being gay/not straght is still considered as something exotic, as a "decision", as something unnatural even. We all know these stories of people having to break with their families, having to lie about who they are in their job etc...

One of my best friends was completely bashed up after he came out. I didn't know what to say when he told me about it. I was just devastated.

I really wonder how long we have to wait until everyone will live together peacefully. No trouble, no war, just love. Or at least understanding and tolerance... *dreams on*

but let's just believe that he's straight

Let me think about this for a second....

NO way I could ever believe that...And I honestly don't think you will find many people who will follow you in your thinking.

Not to mention that Mika himself has clearly made a statement. I mean how explicit do things have to get for everyone to understand?

Living in a fantasy world, escaping reality is good from time to time. That's one of the things I love about a Mika show because you can get forget everything else and live the moment. :wub2:

But creating oneself a world with Mika in the centre of it is not how things should be. As some of you said, coming from a 13 year old these things might be acceptable, but coming from a 40 year old it is normal that people get worried.

This didn't happen on the MFC but on the forum of another artist I liked a couple of years ago....Let me tell you how many discussions I had with women way beyond their teenage years who just wouldn't see the truth (that he's happily married to a man - Scandal! :aah:) and they were still convinced that they would get together sometime and were even making up stories that "explained" them the facts. So it is unfortunatelly the case that this isn't necessarily linked to a person's age.

Anyways, i got so involved in these discussion that I decided at one point that it would be better for me not to go back on this forum...

This is the main reason why I usually never comment on this type of threads on the MFC because I'm easily getting too involved emotionally.

I'm glad I put down some things anyway....

Guess we will have lots to talk about when these 12 songs about love come out.

Oh yes. And still I really really cannot wait to hear them, analyze the lyrics and all that jazz :wub2:

Let's just say Mika took to Twitter and said "everyone, I want you to meet my boyfriend!" and showed a picture of them together. How would that make you feel? Disgusted? Happy for him because he's happy and found love? Devastated that he didn't choose you? I mean, what is it that you have a problem with specifically?

I liked this because my immediate reaction to it was that i'd cry, not because he's not mine blah blah, but because i would be so happy that he was happy with someone and he felt that he wanted to share his happiness with us. :wub2:

seriously?! :aah:

is it so hard for you to just say: "lets discuss what mika would be looking for in a person, woman or man." (please no hamster, not in that way, he can have a whole bunch of hamsters or farm animals or whatever, but not like that! :aah:)

Like Rosa said, why pretend, there is no reason whatsoever to pretend he is straight. Because him being straight or bi or gay is not connected to what he's looking for in a person. That is what he has said himself, he could fall in love with everyone.

The hamster thing made me laugh so much :roftl:

This is how i feel as well. I shall get to know the person and like them no matter if they are male or female or whatever. It is like, what someone else said (sorry i forgot who), to me what gender they are is just like what colour thei hair or eyes are, their personality is what matters.

Btw, there was a very, very, very popular pop singer in Finland in 1980s. He was a vocalist in a band. 10-15 years later he suddenly decided to call to one of his fans (the girl was a teenager at the 80s) and they got married and had 2 children. I read somewhere that they are divorced now.

I still don't want to encourage anyone to have too many dreams :aah:

It does happen. Matt Damon married a waitress from a bar and (although she wasn't a fan, i know) they help prove that anything is possible.

The thing that makes me sad when reading this thread is that this is exactly Mika's point. It's the message he tries to bring across.

He shows us how colourful the world is, that there are big girls, Billy Browns, Lollipopgirls, heart-broken and blue-eyed people and that they all want and deserve love. And that everybody is allowed to love whoever they want to, no matter if it's a big girl, a Billy, a Lollipopgirl,... you'll get the idea.

And the reason why we are here, posting, reading and meeting each other is Mika and a fascination for his music. I just don't get how especially in a fan club like his a discussion like this could come up. Aren't we the ones who interpret his lyrics and shows the most? If we don't get the message that it's not about what you look like, who you love and what your opinion is, then who would?

^ I like this. this is what i keep trying to explain to many people because i am sick of people finding out that my favourite singer is Mika and their forst question is 'Is he gay?' Seriously. :mf_rosetinted:

I really wonder how long we have to wait until everyone will live together peacefully. No trouble, no war, just love. Or at least understanding and tolerance... *dreams on*

Great post, Marion :thumb_yello: I know what you mean, these issues makes me very emotional too. It's still important people discuss about them. I quoted only a small part because it was a long post.

Can't really wait the new album :wub2: Such an interesting theme.

yeah sure i agreed with this:thumb_yello: this is the normalest reply i've ever seen so far

You won't meet many normal people around here, I'm sorry. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: I hope he is not so vain as to only want to date himself. :shocked:

Christine? Is that you? :roftl:

It's not only about grammar and spelling errors, though I think they can be really annoying to people with good language skills (and I hate to think that no one wants to read my posts because my English is too annoying). The problem is that I have huge difficulties in finding words and it makes me really frustrated because I'm used to express myself so much better in my own language.

So I deleted my post :teehee: I'm afraid there are too many emotions involved in any case. Like many of you, I have some gay friends who have to lie/pretend to be something else every single day just to be accepted by their families/colleagues etc, and seriously, we live year 2011 in a civilized country :blink: It's just heart-breaking, I can't help it. So it's very difficult to see homophobia as a matter of opinion (whether you like the new EMD video is a matter of opinion, for example), I think homophobia is more like racism, and it's not easy to tolerate. Should we tolerate it?? :blink: I still have nothing against anyone personally. I just feel very strongly about these issues, and it's really difficult to write about them in a suitable way with poor English.

I feel the exactly same about me and my English, thanks for pointing it. :naughty: But I really don't think all of these "bad English issues" apply to you. You have a very clear vocabulary and I always enjoy reading everything you write and that's also why I love your blog.

well okay we'll get back on the thread:

just change the woman to person:roftl:

For me the criteria are, as what i expect from myself, would be like these:

-they should be as crazy as him

-they can cook well because Mika reaaaallly likes to eat

-they're short (some1 says it's a turn on for him)

-they can give some advice and support him when he's down and stressed out (especially when recording in studio)

-they should know many exciting places to go around the world cos Mika likes to have fun and travel

-they should take care of his house (clean and well decorated) and his laundry

-they should not remind him of his past, childhood or stuffs like that

-they should understand Mika's feelings even he doesn't speak about it (cos he's quite a solitary person in discussing his problems)

-they can make him laugh

-they can make good relationships with his big family

-if they're married to Mika, they should agree to name their son Alice

:roftl:

Definitely better not to start, he'd never stop talking. :teehee:

Archived