Fmbm

ok, time for a little thunderbolt and lightning from me...

what's this thing with HE in a commercial??

"Happy Ending" in a commercial??? Can’t be true. Giving a wonderful song to a commercial is like killing it for me…it’s the last …etap …stage of the song = it goes to the litter bin for me. And it was one of my most beloved songs…it’s like pimping the song – let it make some money…it’s disgusting. It’s making the song “dirty” . like a hooker. I can’t imagine I could listen to happy ending in a concert anymore. Thank you for killing the song Mika. Ok, let’s kill the sad (no) happy ending. Now I have underwater (already thinking about this one in a commercial…soap maybe,,,,)

...going to cheer myself up...somewhere else...

I'm sorry, but considering he hardly has had any airplay on radio stations here in the last 2 years, having HE on this ad, I think is very important at the moment, to build his profile in this country again.

I was so elated when I heard it this morning, I almost jumped around my room, I thought "finally, he is going to get noticed again".

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, but considering he hardly has had any airplay on radio stations here in the last 2 years, having HE on this ad, I think is very important at the moment, to build his profile in this country again.

I was so elated when I heard it this morning, I almost jumped around my room, I thought "finally, he is going to get noticed again".

Amen!:thumb_yello:

My feelings exactly, he's gunna get inside peoples heads:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

I haven't seen the ad yet, but I'm on board with this. :thumb_yello:

:Update:

@mikasounds

Too much fun last night with Dita Von Teese and Louboutin. Best night in LA in a long time. unfortunately am paying the price today!

5 minutes ago

@mikasounds

My head hurts and I'm singing like Kermit the frog

4 minutes ago

Poor boy! So, he really wasn't that drunk while the previous twitter session (as some had told :sneaky2:), because he was going to sing UW.

Hope his Kermit singing wasn't the reason why we get his TOOL only in April. :aah:

yea, US or canada was my bet.....really don't know if i can do europe...england maybe but the rest of europe is waaay too much stress getting a visa :(

Sorry forgot to respond to this last night...

Mika toured North America the month after the last album came out and he had already played two dates in the US prior to that. Not sure what's going to happen this time but I'm sure he'll do some kind of promo or something here next year. Just be forewarned that you won't get much notice. There is usually months of lead time in Europe, but here the gigs are announced 4-6 weeks in advance at most.

Anyway I hope to meet you at one soon! :wink2:

Sorry forgot to respond to this last night...

Mika toured North America the month after the last album came out and he had already played two dates in the US prior to that. Not sure what's going to happen this time but I'm sure he'll do some kind of promo or something here next year. Just be forewarned that you won't get much notice. There is usually months of lead time in Europe, but here the gigs are announced 4-6 weeks in advance at most.

Anyway I hope to meet you at one soon! :wink2:

hmmm..that's why i hoping to have things in place by january so i can hop on a plane with little notice!:mf_rosetinted:

hope to see you at a gig too :biggrin2:

I have been planning to ask UKers for ages if HE is a regular feature on X-factor in the UK. Here it is the last song of every show, so this song is now really well-known here, even though we are only having our 2nd series of X-factor at the moment.

PS: @RAK1 Did the ad have anything to do with the lyrics of HE? I wonder what the storyboard might be with the lyrics 'no hope no love no glory, no happy ending"...:blink: Although it is probably the 'little bit of love' part that features, isn't it? :teehee:

Someone mentioned earlier that there is a commercial featuring Liv Tyler and they use Happy Ending in it. It could be a great opportunity for Mika's music to get some publicity in the US in case the advert runs there, too.

Otherwise in Europe Happy Ending is already the last song in X-Factor in many European countries already, isn't it? (I saw someone tweet today that it even featured on the US show - not sure if it was only a one off though)

Edit: so it's only in the UK then...:dunno:

PS: Love Today was used in a Motorola ad for an AIDS awareness campaign even before Mika's album was launched in 2007.

it was me!! :yay:

I don't know if it has anything to do with Simon :teehee:, but last week, they were playing "Any Other World" as background song when contestants were telling their story.

This week, they played Happy Ending

2 weeks, 2 Mika songs :aah:

I have been planning to ask UKers for ages if HE is a regular feature on X-factor in the UK. Here it is the last song of every show, so this song is now really well-known here, even though we are only having our 2nd series of X-factor at the moment.

PS: @RAK1 Did the ad have anything to do with the lyrics of HE? I wonder what the storyboard might be with the lyrics 'no hope no love no glory, no happy ending"...:blink: Although it is probably the 'little bit of love' part that features, isn't it? :teehee:

It's just Liv talking about some products I think, wasn't paying much attention to what she was saying just got caught up in hearing HE:naughty:

The lyrics come at the end, and it's the first line of the chorus. It's the melody you hear throughout the ad.

I will pay attention next time it's on:thumb_yello:

@Guylainem123 @RAK1 thank you for the explanations.

@DreamyQueen What did you write? I never check comments on his FB page, There musr be hundreds of them with each post

Something like "Thank you, haven't watched it properly for 2 years." I wanted to say that we learned this vid by heart 2 years ago and since then already managed to forget it.

From @DitaVonTeese:

Up far too late last night with @mikasounds and Louboutin last night! Suffering a bit...

She is suffering only a bit, and our poor mikasounds is not able to sing :wags_finger:

Something like "Thank you, haven't watched it properly for 2 years." I wanted to say that we learned this vid by heart 2 years ago and since then already managed to forget it.

She is suffering only a bit, and our poor mikasounds is not able to sing :wags_finger:

If she's singing like Miss Piggy she must be suffering a lot....:biggrin2:

..just added it to my previous post :teehee:

It was for charity though, wasn't it? I guess profits from those red mobiles went to charity.

I don't mind music featuring in ads in theory if the song and the concept of the ad matches. For example, some of those Levi's ads in the early 90's were really great. Boots and Mika's Happy Ending though? :blink: I'd have to see what they came up with but I doubt I'd be thrilled.

Well I am! I don't mind where Mika's music is played, as long as we hear it. For years now, the Morrison Supermarket ad, has featured Take That's song Let It Shine. I've actually been longing for Mika's music to make it onto an advert in the UK.

I don't see it as a sell-out, it's just business and Mika is a businessman as well as a singer-songwriter. These days a musician like Mika has to be more flexible with his work. Good luck to him, and may the ad remind peeps in the UK that he's still around, so they'll be ready for his album when it comes. I can't wait to see the ad!

Exactly. From my heart, to your post! Well said. It's been like "Who, Mika?" in the UK for ages. It's good that HE gets played on X Factor, but ads attract more attention. It's brilliant!

@Suzie Just saw the ad again, and it appears to be about a mystery shampoo, you ask about in store.

And they use the lyric "is this the way you left me" I think to suggest the effect of the shampoo on your hair.

@Suzie Just saw the ad again, and it appears to be about a mystery shampoo, you ask about in store.

And they use the lyric "is this the way you left me" I think to suggest the effect of the shampoo on your hair.

I hope it's called 'Mikapoo':mf_rosetinted:

Archived