Rumour: Mika in the jury of French "The Voice"?

Droopsy

Yaaay my babeh!

They eliminated him for being too 'original' and having too much of his own persona. Apparently he took away the attention of all the others. Shows that Idol only wants people they can mold into their product.

Is there going to be a Voice of Germany? If so, Bubbah should definitely enter!:wub2:

i think i saw an ad for it on tv, but guess you can't apply anymore.

This just proves my point about the whole concept!

When it originally started , it was supposed to be looking for talented people, who had that special element which would make them stars, which Bubbles has in spades.

But as it's gone along, it's just turned into a conveyor belt of clones made in the image of what Simon Cowell wants them to be. And I don't think that is necessarily good for the music business in general, as he is just churning out bland generic acts.

on german idol it always was like that. :no:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it originally started , it was supposed to be looking for talented people, who had that special element which would make them stars, which Bubbles has in spades.

But as it's gone along, it's just turned into a conveyor belt of clones made in the image of what Simon Cowell wants them to be. And I don't think that is necessarily good for the music business in general, as he is just churning out bland generic acts.

Exactly, but no need to worry. Bubbles is going to get very far, especially under my managing supervision mwahahahahaa:mf_rosetinted: Even Mika said so. :wub2:

yeah, that's the problem here... on german idol, we have dieter bohlen (former member of "modern talking"), he kinda stands for this format here. maybe he does manage to influence the audience, but i think they WANT the cute guys to win. someone they can make their puppet for a few months so they will earn them a lot of money (in fact, the first song by each idol winner always goes to number one in the german charts, though i hardly ever hear it on the radio...). then they disappear again, and the next idol show comes on.

Oh I remember Dieter....:roftl: It seems that the formula pays off over there. However, if the ratings started to fall, they'd change the format for sure. The same thing happened to this local talent show I was talking about.They made a wrong decision with the jury for the series 4 and even selected uninteresting and untalented people so that the only one who could actually sing would win it (he happened to be the son of a record company director, actually :doh:), so by the time series 5 started hardly anyone was watching it. You can't fool people for long. :dunno:

yes, I agree. It is all built on clichés in terms of not only the musical and show elements but also the selection of the contestants. I am pretty sure all of the rows among the jury members are pre-written, too. However, if done in a professional way, it can be pretty entertaining as a tv program. I like one of the jurors in particular over here. His opinion matches mine 95% of times (except when he is evaluating his own contestants, of course :teehee:)

• 1 month later...
Oh I was scared when I saw this bumped. :roftl:

Sorry for the scare, that was not my intention. On the contrary; I wanted to clarify things and 'relieve' some people. The news certainly relieved me :roftl:

perhaps she prefers to build her career outside France :dunno:

:mf_rosetinted:

Seriously, when I see who the members of the jury are, I wonder how her name was even mentioned (let alone Mika's :boxed:)

Sorry for the scare, that was not my intention. On the contrary; I wanted to clarify things and 'relieve' some people. The news certainly relieved me :roftl:

Seriously, when I see who the members of the jury are, I wonder how her name was even mentioned (let alone Mika's :boxed:)

Well I was surprised to see Will I Am on the UK jury, so I guess you never can tell:naughty:

I'm really glad he isn't in the jury. He has much better things to do with his time.

In a way, it's good to let him concentrate on his career instead, but seiing him each week on TV wouldn't have beiin' bad either :teehee:

In a way, it's good to let him concentrate on his career instead, but seiing him each week on TV wouldn't have beiin' bad either :teehee:

Well I'd agree, if he was on a jury in Britain, America, or Canada. It would be great publicity for him. But not France again! Much as I love EMD I'm so sick of everything he has done lately being connected to France and the rest of us not getting a look in. So I'm glad that, this time, it's not true.

He just needs, now, to release a single and start his publicity campaign in the places where there's been no Mika for a long while.

Well I'd agree, if he was on a jury in Britain, America, or Canada. It would be great publicity for him. But not France again! Much as I love EMD I'm so sick of everything he has done lately being connected to France and the rest of us not getting a look in. So I'm glad that, this time, it's not true.

He just needs, now, to release a single and start his publicity campaign in the places where there's been no Mika for a long while.

You're not the only one who thinks that :teehee:

• 1 month later...

Rumour numéro deux :wink2: This time it's mentioned that Mika could be one of the celeb singers that will perform during one of the liveshows.

--------------

The Voice : Lady Gaga et Madonna invitées pour les lives ?

Alors que les auditions à l’aveugle viennent juste de commencer, les rumeurs sur les stars invitées pour les prochains lives commencent à faire leur apparition…

Après le premier prime, dédié aux auditions à l'aveugle, qui a cartonné samedi soir, on connaît les premiers candidats de The Voice sélectionnés pour les futures battles (deuxième phase de sélection pendant laquelle les chanteurs s’affronteront par deux, ndlr). Et après ces duels de talents, on aura droit aux shows en live, pendant lesquels le public votera.

Et pour ces fameux lives, de grandes stars pourraient bien venir faire un coucou aux talents. D’après Télé Loisirs, cette troisième phase de The Voice pourrait ainsi accueillir Lady Gaga, Madonna ou encore Paul McCartney et Mika. Mieux : les stars pourraient partager le micro avec les talents. A noter également que les coachs devraient aussi monter sur scène avec leurs poulains respectifs. On vous tient au courant…

Source

Rumour numéro deux :wink2: This time it's mentioned that Mika could be one of the celeb singers that will perform during one of the liveshows.

--------------

The Voice : Lady Gaga et Madonna invitées pour les lives ?

Alors que les auditions à l’aveugle viennent juste de commencer, les rumeurs sur les stars invitées pour les prochains lives commencent à faire leur apparition…

Après le premier prime, dédié aux auditions à l'aveugle, qui a cartonné samedi soir, on connaît les premiers candidats de The Voice sélectionnés pour les futures battles (deuxième phase de sélection pendant laquelle les chanteurs s’affronteront par deux, ndlr). Et après ces duels de talents, on aura droit aux shows en live, pendant lesquels le public votera.

Et pour ces fameux lives, de grandes stars pourraient bien venir faire un coucou aux talents. D’après Télé Loisirs, cette troisième phase de The Voice pourrait ainsi accueillir Lady Gaga, Madonna ou encore Paul McCartney et Mika. Mieux : les stars pourraient partager le micro avec les talents. A noter également que les coachs devraient aussi monter sur scène avec leurs poulains respectifs. On vous tient au courant…

Source

That seems much more possible to happen. I'm sure he'll perform in quite a few tv shows to promote the new single so why not in The Voice too.

t4p:thumb_yello:

I was scared too when I saw this thread again! But thanks for letting us know he's not going to be doing yet another French thing. *Crosses self and says prayer of thanks to God* I don't mind him performing there, I just do not want him getting hung up on a jury when he should be doing stuff in UK and USA

Archived