EVEN FREDDIE would be READY to hand MIKA the CROWN

Justinthestates

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika has moved my mind set, my imagination, my spirit. It's fun to work again, it's fun to do everything again! But as something so desperately needed; a vision needs a light so you may see it clearly...I'm so glad that Mika has shined my way.

Brilliant post!

You just described how I felt about a year ago, and still do.

And I didn't want to enter the club. Then I entered, but didn't post anything, I think, for months. And now I'm passing my 1000 post. So beware. It's an infectious place. :aah::roftl:

But welcome to the club! You'll find really interesting people here and I'm sure you'll enjoy your staying, as we all do. :thumb_yello:

Oh! What a great first post! As many people said, that's just the way most of us felt in the beginning. :thumb_yello:

I still don't know exactly what is this WOW feeling he gives to some people and why not everyone can see it (:naughty:), but I really believe that there is a reason why we all end up here. :wub2:

Welcome home, and have fun! :biggrin2:

Being from the States, we rarely see anything that can make you think further, or encourage you to forget something feared. Before Sunday I couldn't honestly tell you when the last time I felt like this version of my former self. I'm not sure I have ever joined a fan club after being moved by any one artist. Not even Ani Difranco who I think created the man I was in my early twenties. I have never written as much as blurb to proclaim gratitude or appreciation of an artists, but always wanted to. I just thought they would never read it or care much if they had. I don't fear either of those outcomes here. In fact I don't think I have feared much since this past Sunday and I bargaining to say that is permanent behavior.

Mika has moved my mind set, my imagination, my spirit. It's fun to work again, it's fun to do everything again! But as something so desperately needed; a vision needs a light so you may see it clearly...I'm so glad that Mika has shined my way.

very nicely said.

i'm always impressed when someone from the US finds Mika as we don't get exposed to him here. i only found mika because i was listening to a european station...:aah:

you're in for a huge treat when he comes back on tour - hopefully next year!!

You're not Mr Timberlake are you?:naughty:

Welcome. I don't think you'll find many here who haven't been affected by Mika in this way, on their first discovery of him.

He's certainly made quite an impact on a lot of people with his talent. And hopefully will do so in years to come:thumb_yello:

I hope no one will be let down when I promise you that I am neither Bieber nor Timberlake. I am just "Justinthestates." :biggrin2:

Hey I am just happy that MIKA is getting through to some more AMERICANS!!! AAAhhhh he is the BEST thing that America won't even properly recognize! SO frustrating for those of us who KNOW how wonderful he is!!!! :aah:

• 4 months later...
Hey I am just happy that MIKA is getting through to some more AMERICANS!!! AAAhhhh he is the BEST thing that America won't even properly recognize! SO frustrating for those of us who KNOW how wonderful he is!!!! :aah:

^:fisch::thumb_yello:

^:fisch::thumb_yello:

MIKA: His pop is a worldly 'fantasy'

Updated 3/15/2007

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-03-14-new-brits-mika_N.htm

Mika isn't assuming U.S. fans will be fighting to get into his tea party.

"Geographically, the country is very daunting.

I just hope my performances are strong enough that I can win it over bit by bit."

[YouTube]cVwt3Yp_5WM[/YouTube]

THIS ^^^^^ 1ST 'bit' grabbed me by the throat and MIKA has yet to let me go.

MIKA BIOGRAPHY on AMAZON USA WEB SITE:

Mica Penniman (known as Mika) is a Lebanese singer born in 1983

whose recent rise to fame has polarized opinion.

His early life was disrupted by moves from Lebanon to Paris and then to London but, after training at London's Royal College of Music, he released the single "Grace Kelly"

in 2006. The single received much airplay on British radio and hit the top of

the UK singles chart in 2007.

The platinum-selling Life in Cartoon Motion was released in February 2007

and reached the top of the charts in several European countries

and No.2 on the American Billboard charts.

He continues to have his vehement detractors but the sales speak volumes.

International music star Mika sets sights on U.S

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/19/us-mika-idUSTRE58I09520090919

?m=02&d=20090919&t=2&i=11649625&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2009-09-19T031805Z_01_BTRE58I096F00_RTROPTP_0_OSCARS-PARTY

NEXT STOP, AMERICA

For Mika's next trick -- his second album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," which arrives internationally Monday (September 21) on Casablanca/Island Records and a day later in the United States on Universal Republic -- he wants to become a star in America.

"Life" debuted and peaked at No. 29 stateside and has sold 350,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan -- a respectable but unspectacular figure, as Universal Republic president/CEO Monte Lipman concedes.

"Although it was not ultimately a breakthrough, it was a very good foundation," says Lipman, who points out that his label saw more than 1 million Mika-related retail transactions (ringtones, downloads and album sales) in the States.

"We certainly did not enjoy the global phenomenon like some of the other territories around the world," he says. "But if you compare apples to apples and new and developing artists in America, it was substantial and significant."

Mika agrees. "It's a funny one in the States," says the singer, who was nominated for a best dance recording Grammy Award in 2008. "I'm kind of a cult artist there, and, although radio rejects me, I still sell singles. I'm in this very fortunate place where my shows sell, my songs sell, and I'm able to grow in a way that I want to."

Edited by A. Clay