EVEN FREDDIE would be READY to hand MIKA the CROWN

Justinthestates

Before this past Sunday I would have said I am 50-75% aware of all things hip or popular, whether or not I subscribed to them. But that was before Sunday...

I am ashamed and embarrassed for myself that I have somehow not even been made aware of this beautiful and inspiring music (that I have not been able to turn off since my accidental discovery of a flashy bright colored thumbnail on the related videos bar on Youtube).

I will be shocked if no one of noteworthiness's sake has said this; but Mika stands alone in a class all by himself. I have read articles, watched interviews and have not yet read a single one that accurately describes all the ______ that makes up this man's moxy. You can compare him to whom ever you like, most commonly I have read Freddie Mercury. Touché my Queen! Even Freddie would be ready to hand Mika the crown. People get confused and compare newer artists to older ones so quickly that they chop up all the sections of comparison and label them neatly into polite but itchy terms while all the guts, glory and best little bits and pieces may fall by the wayside. Mika is comparable to Freddie in that they both posses class and talent. This is seldom seen on my side of the pond these days. But outside of having manners which everyone should, Mika as an artist shines a brighter star for me to set my gravity with.

Being from the States, we rarely see anything that can make you think further, or encourage you to forget something feared. Before Sunday I couldn't honestly tell you when the last time I felt like this version of my former self. I'm not sure I have ever joined a fan club after being moved by any one artist. Not even Ani Difranco who I think created the man I was in my early twenties. I have never written as much as blurb to proclaim gratitude or appreciation of an artists, but always wanted to. I just thought they would never read it or care much if they had. I don't fear either of those outcomes here. In fact I don't think I have feared much since this past Sunday and I bargaining to say that is permanent behavior.

Mika has moved my mind set, my imagination, my spirit. It's fun to work again, it's fun to do everything again! But as something so desperately needed; a vision needs a light so you may see it clearly...I'm so glad that Mika has shined my way.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Justin,

when I discovered Mika four years ago I felt and still feel the same you feel now. I really like the way you express your thoughts. Welcome to the MFC and have a lot fun with us :thumb_yello:

First of all WELCOME!!!! You are going to love this place!

And OH MY Goodness!!!! You sound JUST like me when I first found MIKA! You took me back to that place in time for a moment, and I forgot how awesome and exciting it was!!! :roftl: I too was completely consumed and filled with great desire and inspiration ... and YES - e v e r y t h i n g was FUN again (and for the first time). Even still after now years have passed all I have to do is listen to Meeks and all of a sudden the world is a brighter, happier, carefree place that I WANT to be in. I agree finding MIKA completely changes your entire LIFE - everything about and WHO you are .... I can't even remember the person I use to be. And to tell you the truth I like who I am NOW so much more! My life is NOW all rainbows, lollipops and glitter!

........ and Rufus :rolls_eyes:

Wow, Justin -- way to make an entrance! :clap:

As a fellow US resident, I can relate to most of what you said -- Mika

certainly changed my life when I first heard him nearly 5 years ago as well.

And you're right, we don't see his kind that often on this side of the pond!

Thanks for a great introductory post, and welcome to the MFC!

:welcomeani:

First of all WELCOME!!!! You are going to love this place!

And OH MY Goodness!!!! You sound JUST like me when I first found MIKA! You took me back to that place in time for a moment, and I forgot how awesome and exciting it was!!! :roftl: I too was completely consumed and filled with great desire and inspiration ... and YES - e v e r y t h i n g was FUN again (and for the first time). Even still after now years have passed all I have to do is listen to Meeks and all of a sudden the world is a brighter, happier, carefree place that I WANT to be in. I agree finding MIKA completely changes your entire LIFE - everything about and WHO you are .... I can't even remember the person I use to be. And to tell you the truth I like who I am NOW so much more! My life is NOW all rainbows, lollipops and glitter!

+1 :thumb_yello: .... Except I have the Weepies and Passion Pit.

Don't be absurd Wonka, Beiber has been a Mika fan for years. I'm not kidding, check his follow list! :teehee:

https://twitter.com/#!/justinbieber/following/people/you_both_follow

"Justin Bieber follows 119,050 people"

Bieber's not exactly choosey about who he follows, is he? :shun: not like our Meeks who only follows 20

:aah:

anyway...

Welcome to the MFC Justin! great intro, you said a lot of what i felt when i first heard Mika this last July but you said it so much better than i ever could! :thumb_yello:

Hi and WELCOME!!

I loved your intro and it mostly mirrors how i felt on 'discovering' mika a few short months ago, esp the part about him being in a class of his own...i hate having to answer the inevitable 'what genre of music does he sing?' question...mika-music darnit!! :teehee:

He's nothing but a twitter whore...:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

and your siggy keeps cracking me up everytime!