"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I've done it before, I made this late last year just because I wanted to see him on the cover.

6440867917_1cdd081aea.jpg

Really well done, Luke! :wub2:

I don't know what to make of this cover we have here -- the bit at the

bottom of it looks... unfinished or something. I really can't believe it's

the final product. I suppose we'll find out soon enough, but getting little

dribs and drabs of info like this is enough to drive you crazy! :naughty:

Wow this is amazing, very well done! :thumb_yello: And this is one of my favourite photos of him <3

That's very nice of you both, thanks!

Yeah it looks unfinished but maybe that's what he's going for? You never know until you have the intem in your hands when it comes to Mika :roftl:

I'm slowly going crazy over thinking it all (or was I crazy all along? :aah:)

I really hope this isn't the official album cover. It's not mikaish at all. I really don't like it, at all. Was expecting something like LICM and TBWKTM, which I loved, but I guess Mika maybe wants a more grown up style :dunno:

I think I am a kinda straightforward speaking person...

I can say that this is def the most disappointing thing ever got from Mika, if it's really an 3rd album cover. wha! very surprisingly disappointing thing.

Not my type at all, and don't think it reflects the joy, love he want to say from this album. what is that? this pic is just awkward. I don't like every single detail of this cover...and his pic....... ah.....

I agree.

I've done it before, I made this late last year just because I wanted to see him on the cover.

6440867917_1cdd081aea.jpg

Here's my other Mika covers. :teehee::fisch:

turns out i've been using your cover of MYH on my mp3 player xD

thanks, it's beautiful, they all are!

unfinished is a good word for it :thumb_yello:

I really hope this isn't the official album cover. It's not mikaish at all. I really don't like it, at all. Was expecting something like LICM and TBWKTM, which I loved, but I guess Mika maybe wants a more grown up style :dunno:

I agree.

Me too :blink: I was thinking something more like LICM and TBWKTM like Lilasko

"It's Basically Pointlessly Delicious" - Mika :licks_lips:

Youngling # 142

Queeniac # 92

15 - 8 - 2012 St. Jean sur Richelieu

Okay after talkin about it with Grace, I'm pretty sure this is not the final album cover, because if it was why would he write: The origin of love by Mika if Mika already is written over his head?

Okay after talkin about it with Grace, I'm pretty sure this is not the final album cover, because if it was why would he write: The origin of love by Mika if Mika already is written over his head?

Because it's Mika and he can do whatever he wants :naughty:

This whole situation reminds me of what happened with the cover of Born This Way... Everyone thought it was a joke at first.

Still, I don't really like this cover. I honestly thought it was going to be Mika's artwork, like the previous ones

and why does he have mustard above his head

So what site(s) exactly is this picture from?

I was a bit surprised when I saw the picture, because that was not what I expected after what Mika said in the interview. Before the interview I had no idea and expectation at all but he made me think about something else so in a way I'm disappointed even though I do like this one.

Oh I forgot to add; I like the picture in itself but I don't like the text, I was hoping he would use that nice handwriting we've been seeing for a while now

Edited by camille*

yup cuz everything repeated on FB is always totally true :thumb_yello:

:teehee:

But it's universal music's facebook, why would they lie? :mf_rosetinted: Or maybe you're right, I guess it's only universal music sweden that uses fb as their official site. Let's pray that you're right :teehee:

So what site(s) exactly is this picture from?

I was a bit surprised when I saw the picture, because that was not what I expected after what Mika said in the interview. Before the interview I had no idea and expectation at all but he made me think about something else so in a way I'm disappointed even though I do like this one.

Oh I forgot to add; I like the picture in itself but I don't like the text, I was hoping he would use that nice handwriting we've been seeing for a while now

I don't know, I saw it here :dunno:

https://twitter.com/AmelleDLove/status/237969283295113216/photo/1

I think the concept is absolutely fitting and the change in the artwork is completely justified. There is something unnatural about it to me though , I just don't know what it is. In any case, I think it should be a great cover for this album that is meant to be personal and also addressing topics like religion. To me it all is in that picture and even him hiding a part of himself. :teehee:

It's in Amazon UK as well.

I can't say that I don't like it. Especially the handmade letters an the side I loved immediately, dunno why :blush-anim-cl:, and overall it's a good cover. If it would have been from another artist, I would have liked it. BUT I don't like it as an Mika-CD-Cover. I'm missing the colours and most of all the creativity and the richness of detail (because of that I love the first two covers so much :wub2:).

What he had described in the interview sounded so good - an evolution in comparison to the previous ones, but also "typical" Mika-artwork-elments, but thats not what this cover looks like. Even if what he had described is within the booklet the most important thing is the frontcover as it's the piece anybody sees while walking through the CD-shop or listening to tracks on their Ipod.

Edited by DerMoment1608

There is something unnatural about it to me though , I just don't know what it is.

I don't think that is what you meant, but it came to my mind while reading your post and maybe that's mostly what bothers me: I'm missing the joyfullness in this cover. Seeing this cover I wouldn't expect an album full of joy, joychasing and "crazy weird lovesongs" as Mika describes TOOL in the interviews himself. Covers generate a notion what an album will be like musically. And with the first two ones it's congruent, but with this cover I feel like it's inconcruent (at least from what he told so far and from the prelistening reports).

It's in Amazon UK as well.

I can't say that I don't like it. Especially the handmade letters an the side I loved immediately, dunno why :blush-anim-cl:, and overall it's a good cover. If it would have been from another artist, I would have liked it. BUT I don't like it as an Mika-CD-Cover. I'm missing the colours and most of all the creativity and the richness of detail (because of that I love the first two covers so much :wub2:).

What he had described in the interview sounded so good - an evolution in comparison to the previous ones, but also "typical" Mika-artwork-elments, but thats not what this cover looks like. Even if what he had described is within the booklet the most important think is the frontcover as it's the piece anybody sees while walking through the CD-shop or listening to tracks on their Ipod.

I had written a whoooole novel about it but I took me too long and my my got deleted inbetween x'D

WELL, I share your opinion... I expected far more from this cover given what he talked about in the Jim Interview, which sounded really really cool... I find this one "too simple" given Mika's creativeness to which we're used... The picture is REALLY beautiful but ... I feel like something's missing :'/

I'm aware that Mika has changed since LIMC but still, I somehow hope that "it's not just it"...I'm sure I will get used to it if this is the version chosen for the cover but... I hope we'll get to see more than that or at least, that we can get a more colorful cover for the Deluxed edition :crossed:

Anyway, Mika's a grown up man who can do whatever he likes. :wink2:

This is only my "first reaction" to this cover... :')

+ The drops : I hadn't seen the letters of "MIKA" at first :'X (And though, I had looked for it XD). I can see it now but I still wonder what the rest is supposed to mean... I thought of a "Love" somewhere... "LOVE MIKA", would he be trying to receive more love than ever ? :aah: ahaha~ Just kidding :)

Now that it's on Amazon as well, I do wonder what the photo below the photo of Mika is of? Why is it there at the bottom of the cover? This is a bit strange indeed, wonder if it really is the official cover...