"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

It has to happen... and SOON!

YAY!

:mikalove:

I'm really dissapointed with the artwork... I missed the old homemade artsy ones :(

And my gf is a 2D-3D artist and she said it was a crime to see the bevel effect. It's really cheap photoshop-wise... So she made me a new avatar :wink2:

:aah::aah:

amazing!

Amazon Canada has the "import" versions available as of Oct. 16 2012 & the Japan version available Sept. 11 2012

http://www.amazon.ca/Origin-Love-Mika/dp/B0090NNQX6/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1345761672&sr=1-4

gosh... i can't find myself in amazon's site...

:aah:

thanks, sweetie!

:huglove:

I'm really dissapointed with the artwork... I missed the old homemade artsy ones :(

And my gf is a 2D-3D artist and she said it was a crime to see the bevel effect. It's really cheap photoshop-wise... So she made me a new avatar :wink2:

Wow, how did she do that? In Photoshop? I wanna make one too :wub2: We should all have one :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I was just thinking about the strange line at the bottom of the cover. It's exactly the bottom part of the Mika-Picture, only a little bit smaller. So maybe it's really foldoutable. And if it is so, than there is probably the same picture of Mika beneath it. But as it must be smaller, than there is much more space above Mika. So MAYBE there is a picture under the one we see now where the artwork is exactly like he has described it in the Belgian interview (lot of things coming out of his head...)?

Just guessing :naughty: - and hoping :blush-anim-cl:

I was just thinking about the strange line at the bottom of the cover. It's exactly the bottom part of the Mika-Picture, only a little bit smaller. So maybe it's really foldoutable. And if it is so, than there is probably the same picture of Mika beneath it. But as it must be smaller, than there is much more space above Mika. So MAYBE there is a picture under the one we see now where the artwork is exactly like he has described it in the Belgian interview (lot of things coming out of his head...)?

I've thought about that too, I hope so :thumb_yello:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerMoment1608 View Post

Just guessing - and hoping

I've thought about that too, I hope so

Yep :D That is what I've been hoping for from the moment I saw the "under picture" thing ^^

My first impressions of the album cover was not the best, I like but does not convince me, I think That eventually I will come to love...and want to hear all the songs!!!!

I have a question, I want to buy one of the editions That Are sold in the store Mika but

I no have the credit card, there another option?

My first impressions of the album cover was not the best, I like but does not convince me, I think That eventually I will come to love...and want to hear all the songs!!!!

I have a question, I want to buy one of the editions That Are sold in the store Mika but

I no have the credit card, there another option?

i'm not sure in your country, but in mine, we can buy prepaid credit cards (like a giftcard) for $25 / $50 / $100 ... maybe that's an option?

or perhaps someone you know (friend/sister/parent) can buy it for you and you pay them back? :dunno:

Okay so this is the album cover. I guess I really like it, but not as a cover. I'm rather disappointed actually. And the back page would look much better with out Mika in gold "letters"

But we'll get the album soon so I can't be more happy about that, just that I wonder didn't Mika say it only would be 12 love songs, not that I complain. :naughty:

And just one quick question, does anyone know how many album versions there will be, and what kind of poster it is you'll get and why it's more expensive than the the deluxe edition?

And why on earth is he releasing the album in the UK the 8 of October? :blink:

:lmfao: That's great, love it!

I've thought about that too, I hope so :thumb_yello:

Yep :D That is what I've been hoping for from the moment I saw the "under picture" thing ^^

Same, seems a lot of us are hoping for this :teehee:

I`ve noticed "Heroes" in the track list.

I have heard nothing about this song in earlier articles and interviews so MB it`s a cover of David Bowie`s song ? I wonder....

It´s not a cover, it´s a song about soldier veterans and it´s really beautiful.

In Japan :japan:

"The Origin Of Love" will be released at 2012/10/03

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/mika/news/2012/08/0824/

1.Origin Of Love

2.Lola

3.Stardust

4.Make You Happy (LA Edit)

5.Underwater

6.Overrated

7.Kids

8.I Only Love You When I'm Drunk

9.Step With Me

10.Popular (I know about…)

11.Emily

12.Heroes

13.Celebrate

14.Make You Happy (Miami Edit)

15. Elle Me Dit ・・・★

16. Tah Dah ・・・★

17. Celebrate - Acoustic Version ・・・★

1.Origin Of Love

2.Lola

3.Stardust

5.Underwater

6.Overrated

7.Kids

9.Step With Me

11.Emily

12.Heroes

13.Celebrate

15. Elle Me Dit ・・・★

16. Tah Dah ・・・★

This is a bit different.

I don't remember what he said about the album design in any interview but what you say makes sense.

I just hope the other picture is not a freaky clown. :aah::roftl:

I have a love-hate feeling about the CD cover.. it's a litlle "Meh/I don't know".

The title part...:blink:

Buut..Let's start with the CSI thing!

Well like the design freak that I am... I'm only guessing, but the gold letters looks like work of Alex Trochut; the lozza's campaign typographer and designer .

Some examples:

debutart_alex-trochut_7411.jpg?w=584trochut.jpgtypepassage1.jpgvampire_poster_final-2.jpg

Coincidence? I'm seeing thinks? Probably the last... but well xD

:mf_rosetinted: you never know (Sorry for my purrfect spanglish xD )

Edited by yolanda

I have a love-hate feeling about the cover.. it's a litlle "Meh/I don't know".

The title part...:blink:

Buut..Let's start with the CSI thing!

Well like the design freak that I am... I'm only guessing, but the gold letters looks like work of Alex Trochut; the lozza's campaign typographer and designer .

Some examples:

debutart_alex-trochut_7411.jpg?w=584trochut.jpgtypepassage1.jpg

Coincidence? I'm seeing thinks? Probably the last... but well xD

:mf_rosetinted: you never know (Sorry for my purrfect spanglish xD )

As a design school student (lol bragging :teehee:) I can tell you that types like these are veeeeeeery popular, so it might not be just about that lozza guy

1.Origin Of Love

2.Lola

3.Stardust

5.Underwater

6.Overrated

7.Kids

9.Step With Me

11.Emily

12.Heroes

13.Celebrate

15. Elle Me Dit ・・・★

16. Tah Dah ・・・★

Darn, I was hoping a new song would be on there :aah:

It´s not a cover, it´s a song about soldier veterans and it´s really beautiful.

that's what *you* say... :teehee: i found it rather boring, compared to the other songs on the album. but it was only a rough version, so i hope mika will make me eat my words with the final version. :naughty:

oh god, all those different album versions! :aah: i definitely need the uk and the french deluxe versions. but i guess i first gotta wait what will be on the german version, if it's the same as the uk one i guess i'll just order the french version first and then buy the german one when it comes out (i read another article today that says oct 5 for germany).

on german amazon there is an expensive japan import version, release date sept 11 (wherever they got that date from, but from kumazzz' post i see it's not true :rolls_eyes:). then there's an austrian version with release date oct 5 :aah: and the 2 imports of the label "Pid" (:blink:) with release date oct 16. but i guess they got that wrong, oct 16 is a tuesday, that's weird for a release date, so maybe they mean sept 16. i'll keep an eye on it, but they still don't have celebrate listed on amazon.de, so i guess the german record company hasn't sent them the informations yet. :dunno: it's holiday time now though, so maybe in 1-2 weeks. :teehee:

I`ve noticed "Heroes" in the track list.

I have heard nothing about this song in earlier articles and interviews so MB it`s a cover of David Bowie`s song ? I wonder....

It is not related to David Bowie nor a cover :wink2:. At the album pre-listen in London he told us that Heroes was written based on a poem by somebody (can't remember which writer) about the soldiers who come back from war and the long lasting effects that this has on them , mostly from a psychologial perspective.

So it's about them being heroes for what they did at war but also about how some of them end up in such a bad state, etc...

I really liked that song :wub2: