"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I have a love-hate feeling about the CD cover.. it's a litlle "Meh/I don't know".

The title part...:blink:

Buut..Let's start with the CSI thing!

Well like the design freak that I am... I'm only guessing, but the gold letters looks like work of Alex Trochut; the lozza's campaign typographer and designer .

in fact when i heard mika's interview about the black and white pictures with colour splashes added, i thought about the lozza campaign with mika and imagined it to look similar to it. :wink2:

In Japan :japan:

"The Origin Of Love" will be released at 2012/10/03

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/mika/news/2012/08/0824/

1.Origin Of Love

2.Lola

3.Stardust

4.Make You Happy (LA Edit)

5.Underwater

6.Overrated

7.Kids

8.I Only Love You When I'm Drunk

9.Step With Me

10.Popular (I know about…)

11.Emily

12.Heroes

13.Celebrate

14.Make You Happy (Miami Edit)

15. Elle Me Dit ・・・★

16. Tah Dah ・・・★

17. Celebrate - Acoustic Version ・・・★

ooo i hope this is the one i'll be getting from my amazon.com preorder that's coming aaallll the way from japan! :boing::aah:

means i still have to get the 2 cd version from elsewhere though...:aah:

Well I clicked onto the pre-order thingy, but as usual, I can't understand how to use it.

They talk about something called cookies. I can't be doing with it.

Alan has a one-click Amazon account so he will order it from there.

:lmfao: I have to say that this post cracked me up (not in a horrible way, of course, I just found it very funny)

It is probably asking for your permission to allow the site to store some cookies on your computer, or perhaps your browser is not allowing this and it needs you to change the settings. It's perfectly safe and should not be anything to worry about. Just go with it...

As a design school student (lol bragging :teehee:) I can tell you that types like these are veeeeeeery popular, so it might not be just about that lozza guy

LOL I know,Only that it remember me of him and maybe they cath inspiration of something. ( The real reason behind this, is that I'm hoping any reference that Mika has been working in Spain :aah: )

*I need more gigs like air*

ooo i hope this is the one i'll be getting from my amazon.com preorder that's coming aaallll the way from japan! :boing::aah:

Probably 2 other places, actually, if you also want all the French songs.

I wonder what the traclist of the French double CD will be...

Wow, how did she do that? In Photoshop? I wanna make one too :wub2: We should all have one :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Yes in Photoshop :wink2: It doesn't show much because it's small but it's written Cassi over my head :naughty:

:blink::shocked::aah::lmao:

I love it! Did you take the picture for the occasion too?

hahaha! I did :teehee:

Event though I'm disappointed with the artwork, I can't wait to listen to the new songs!!!!!

Probably 2 other places, actually, if you also want all the French songs.

I wonder what the traclist of the French double CD will be...

CD1 is like the UK one, I think, except that EMily is replaced by "Elle me dit" :)

CD 2

1. Karen

2. L'Amour Dans Le Mauvais Temps

3. Un Soleil Mal Luné

4. Make You Happy (Cherokee Remix)

5. Celebrate (Robbie Rivera Remix)

6. Elle Me Dit (BeataCue Remix)

7. Make You Happy (LA Edit)

8. Tah Dah

Here,at 4:20

oh thank you. :flowers2:

Just realized I was on holiday when it appeared.

As a design school student (lol bragging :teehee:)

I can tell you that types like these are veeeeeeery popular, so it might not be just about that lozza guy

In the interview he does mention where the influence is from:

it is from the Disraeli Gears album cover from Cream (artwork by Martin Sharp). That is only mentioned as an inspiration though, I don't know who worked on Mika's

1160614.jpg

It is not related to David Bowie nor a cover :wink2:. At the album pre-listen in London he told us that Heroes was written based on a poem by somebody (can't remember which writer) about the soldiers who come back from war and the long lasting effects that this has on them , mostly from a psychologial perspective.

So it's about them being heroes for what they did at war but also about how some of them end up in such a bad state, etc...

I really liked that song :wub2:

Thank you, you explained it so much better than me :huglove:

Japan isn't getting any Deluxe Edition ? WEIRD O.O I'll maybe sent a copy of the French one *if we get it here*

to my Japanese friend for her birthday (End of September ;D) then, we'll see ;)))

I sent a message to Universal Music Belgium to know more about the EXACT date of releasing and the version we're getting here... I'm not sure we will ACTUALLY get the CD on the 17th even if I really hope so xD

In case we don't get the French version, I'm thinking of buying it online :>>

*And hope for Accoustic UK bonus to reach Itunes ~

I read somewhere (a few pages earlier), that Netherlands is getting the CD on teh 14th Sept, can I ask where you find it ? :) I'm pretty curious about which version you'll get as I live right next to the border *_*

Edited by Kaito

You're welcome! :thumb_yello: You can see now why some people are a little bit confused,there's no colors,no tear of blood turning in some other things,no illustrations all over his face :dunno:

Thank you, you explained it so much better than me :huglove:

:lmao: Well, thanks, it's funny you say so because I felt like I wasn't explaining it well at all, but I'm sure that in the thread for the London listening session we covered it a lot better :naughty:

:lmao: Well, thanks, it's funny you say so because I felt like I wasn't explaining it well at all, but I'm sure that in the thread for the London listening session we covered it a lot better :naughty:

Four weeks after the prelistening in Milan all I remembered was about the veteran thing he explained us so my explanation was very very short :wink2: and I remember that I really liked this song ( the 30-90 seconds he played us )

:aah: and the 2 imports of the label "Pid" (:blink:) with release date oct 16. but i guess they got that wrong, oct 16 is a tuesday, that's weird for a release date, so maybe they mean sept 16.

I think October 16th is the US date which is why I was telling Deb yesterday that I didn't think all the rest of the world was getting it September 17. :naughty: North American releases have always been on a Tuesday.

it is from the Disraeli Gears album cover from Cream (artwork by Martin Sharp). That is only mentioned as an inspiration though, I don't know who worked on Mika's

1160614.jpg

If I didn't know that this was the inspiration I couldn't tell. It's very different. :naughty:

If I didn't know that this was the inspiration I couldn't tell. It's very different. :naughty:

.. although we have not seen the parts of the artwork with the blood on his face and the creatures flowing out of it... :teehee:

That should look great against the B&W photo

Japan isn't getting any Deluxe Edition ? WEIRD O.O I'll maybe sent a copy of the French one *if we get it here*

to my Japanese friend for her birthday (End of September ;D) then, we'll see ;)))

I sent a message to Universal Music Belgium to know more about the EXACT date of releasing and the version we're getting here... I'm not sure we will ACTUALLY get the CD on the 17th even if I really hope so xD

In case we don't get the French version, I'm thinking of buying it online :>>

*And hope for Accoustic UK bonus to reach Itunes ~

I read somewhere (a few pages earlier), that Netherlands is getting the CD on teh 14th Sept, can I ask where you find it ? :) I'm pretty curious about which version you'll get as I live right next to the border *_*

Well I pre-ordered the Deluxe cd at this site and they set the release date at the 14th of September (it's a Dutch site): http://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-origin-of-love/1000004012863122/#product_overview

It's similar to the UK version, I guess...

I'm also very confused by the pre-order, it clearly says that it is for the UK version, but also says that tracklists may vary :boxed:

I think I'll wait a few days...

1160614.jpg

He could be talking about the other pages of the album booklet??

Japanese proposed track listing released today:

Extended name for Popular (I know about...)

:blink: Strange title... First it was "Popular", then it was "Popular Song" and now there's one called "Popular (I know about)"?

:blink: Strange title... First it was "Popular", then it was "Popular Song" and now there's one called "Popular (I know about)"?

I have already seen the same song titled differenty in Japan.

I think it was 'Sympathy' vs 'Your Sympathy'.

yes, I think so.

Or, his mirror image behind this cover photo - that is an option some people mentioned earlier on this thread.

Edited by suzie

I think October 16th is the US date which is why I was telling Deb yesterday that I didn't think all the rest of the world was getting it September 17. :naughty: North American releases have always been on a Tuesday.

Yes, and I'm seeing several Australian bloggers reporting September 14 as

their release date. Is that usual for Australia? I mean, Friday is new release

day there?

Japanese proposed track listing released today:

Extended name for Popular (I know about...)

And "I ONLY Love You When I'm Drunk".

I'm also very confused by the pre-order, it clearly says that it is for the UK version, but also says that tracklists may vary :boxed:

I think I'll wait a few days...

I cross my fingers for the booklet as well :> It sounded SO great when he talked about his artwork, I hope we'll get the chance to see it somewhere :>

*The tear turning into something else thing :wub2:*

@~Wicky~ : Thank you :thumb_yello:

I'll wait for a few more days... Hopefully, I'll know which version Belgium is getting soon... :) I wouldn't mind travelling to France to get the French edition if we don't here...It's not THAT FAR either :>

ah thanks, that makes sense then. :thumb_yello: great that amazon.de has the japanese and us versions online before the german one. :doh::mf_rosetinted: