7. Stardust

8. Step With Me

9. Popular (ft. Priscilla Renea)

10. Kill Me On The Dancefloor

11. China Boy

12. She tells me

Really shocked about Overrated.

Only about that? Lucky you....:naughty:

It sounds to me like it was some listening party for the media / the record business, without including all songs or even revealing what would be on the French version and which ones on the English.

I find communication pretty messy actually, but not surprised about it at all.

Well the tracklist will be lile this :

What about Cry a Little, for example? :dunno:

Edited by suzie

This is the translation of the article I posted earlier

http://www.leparisien.fr/musique/albums/nous-avons-ecoute-le-nouvel-album-de-mika-15-06-2012-2050305.php

This time, it is finished... or nearly. Mika has almost finished his new album. A disc due in January, then in Spring, and which will finally be released in Autumn, on September 17. It will follow the triumphant 'Life in Cartoon Motion', with its 6 million copies sold worldwide, 1 in France, which revealed the Francophile artist in 2007 with his hits 'Grace Kelly' and 'Relax'. It also follows 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much', released 2 years later, which was a big success too with 300 000 copies sold here and 1 million worldwide.

Since then, we had to wait, notably with the single in French 'Elle Me Dit', new evidence that the artist of British and Lebanese origins masters our language completely since his childhood spent partly in Paris. On this Friday, in a café in St Germain, Mika presents the result of these last months of work.

'I don't really know what to say' he says first, before adding some explanations. 'Work was very different from usually. I was not isolated. With my teams all over the world (London, Toronto, Miami, Los Angeles, Paris), I enjoyed it. It's an album that illustrates some kind of joy. I started it in Montreal one year and a half ago composing the song 'The Origin of Love'.'

It is the title of this album due on Sept 17. So let's start with the listening to this song. Carried by a loud infra-bass rhythm, 'The Origin of Love' is won over by a piano and a guitar before the voice or more precisely the voices take the power. Mika's voice is double, wrapped up by choirs that sometimes sound as ones from a Church but who were put in an electronic holy water font. The song goes crescendo, lifted up by a mind-blowing and luminous chorus that makes it an instant success.

Then, on the 8 other titles revealed today, we are running after this first excitement. 'Celebrate', new dancing single, does not really make us want to sweat. And then it really changes for the worse with the 2 following titles : 'Overrated' drowns Mika's talent in a disco electro production, 'Make You Happy' makes him a pale Pet Shop Boys heir. 'All I want to do is make you happy' he sings. We pull a face though, desperate to have lost the little pop genius and his way of knitting striking melodies, somptuous arrangements and dancing anthems.

Fortunately, 'Underwater' brings us back the Mika that we love and starts with piano and voice. And despite some infra-bass there too, the singer's tone can let go with total freedom, without being manhandled by an overproduced sound. Same with 'Lola', light and carefree song.

Then 'Stardust' brings us back on the steps of Lady Gaga and David Guetta so much that we feel we are listening to a producer's album not a singer's.

There are all the same some real guitar on 'Step With Me', pop ballad that makes us some good in this avalanche of synthetic sounds... that we found again unfortunately in 'Popular' , a duet with Priscilla Renea.

On these 9 songs, Mika blows hot and cold, excellent and less good. Everything is to be played out in the last straight line, with some last songs to finish including 2 in French besides Elle Me Dit. Final verdict at the start of the school year.

Carried by a loud infra-bass rhythm, 'The Origin of Love' is won over by a piano and a guitar before the voice or more precisely the voices take the power. Mika's voice is double, wrapped up by choirs that sometimes sound as ones from a Church but who were put in an electronic holy water font. The song goes crescendo, lifted up by a mind-blowing and luminous chorus that makes it an instant success.

Sounds alright. :mf_rosetinted:

Can't wait to hear this. :teehee:

http://www.leparisien.fr/musique/albums/nous-avons-ecoute-le-nouvel-album-de-mika-15-06-2012-2050305.php

This time, it is finished... or nearly. Mika has almost finished his new album. A disc due in January, then in Spring, and which will finally be released in Autumn, on September 17. It will follow the triumphant 'Life in Cartoon Motion', with its 6 million copies sold worldwide, 1 in France, which revealed the Francophile artist in 2007 with his hits 'Grace Kelly' and 'Relax'. It also follows 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much', released 2 years later, which was a big success too with 300 000 copies sold here and 1 million worldwide.

Since then, we had to wait, notably with the single in French 'Elle Me Dit', new evidence that the artist of British and Lebanese origins masters our language completely since his childhood spent partly in Paris. On this Friday, in a café in St Germain, Mika presents the result of these last months of work.

'I don't really know what to say' he says first, before adding some explanations. 'Work was very different from usually. I was not isolated. With my teams all over the world (London, Toronto, Miami, Los Angeles, Paris), I enjoyed it. It's an album that illustrates some kind of joy. I started it in Montreal one year and a half ago composing the song 'The Origin of Love'.'

It is the title of this album due on Sept 17. So let's start with the listening to this song. Carried by a loud infra-bass rhythm, 'The Origin of Love' is won over by a piano and a guitar before the voice or more precisely the voices take the power. Mika's voice is double, wrapped up by choirs that sometimes sound as ones from a Church but who were put in an electronic holy water font. The song goes crescendo, lifted up by a mind-blowing and luminous chorus that makes it an instant success.

Thanks for the translation!

How come journos get to hear it so soon and we dont? xD

No no no, since Mika is from the UK, it's still Summer for him, just like he hoped :naughty:

Thanks for translations :huglove:

There's an article about the songs revealed to the press today

I'm just back from work so I don't know if it has been posted?

I read it... so many mixed feelings about this new album. Were they not more enthusiastic about TBWKTM?

@camille: Thanks for posting and translation :thumb_yello: So,yeah,that's what I was afraid of,Overrated ruined and too much synthetic sounds....and I find fair enough those opinions about Celebrate and MYH,that's exactly my feelings :huh:

I read it... so many mixed feelings about this new album. Were they not more enthusiastic about TBWKTM?

I found this on TBWKTM

http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-culture/mika-plonge-dans-l-adolescence-et-les-80-s-avec-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-14-09-2009-638551.php

Quite mixed too, but not as precise, so it's hard to tell :dunno:

(Oh and I found this too on the site, it looks like the Compiègne gig was a mess for months afterwards :aah:

http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium/oise-60/les-sauveteurs-attendent-toujours-l-argent-du-concert-de-mika-08-05-2012-1989070.php)

I found this on TBWKTM

http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-culture/mika-plonge-dans-l-adolescence-et-les-80-s-avec-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-14-09-2009-638551.php

Quite mixed too, but not as precise, so it's hard to tell :dunno:

(Oh and I found this too on the site, it looks like the Compiègne gig was a mess for months afterwards :aah:

http://www.leparisien.fr/espace-premium/oise-60/les-sauveteurs-attendent-toujours-l-argent-du-concert-de-mika-08-05-2012-1989070.php)

They had mixed feelings aswell. :doh: whatever he does, they have mixed feelings!

I've read the second article about the Compiègne gig (:aah: Bad memories come to my mind... I want to run away...). After what we experienced over there, I'm not surprised some local staff were not paid!

Then, on the 8 other titles revealed today, we are running after this first excitement. 'Celebrate', new dancing single, does not really make us want to sweat. And then it really changes for the worse with the 2 following titles : 'Overrated' drowns Mika's talent in a disco electro production, 'Make You Happy' makes him a pale Pet Shop Boys heir. 'All I want to do is make you happy' he sings. We pull a face though, desperate to have lost the little pop genius and his way of knitting striking melodies, somptuous arrangements and dancing anthems.

What?! :shocked:

Oh no, I hope they're wrong about this.

Fortunately, 'Underwater' brings us back the Mika that we love and starts with piano and voice. And despite some infra-bass there too, the singer's tone can let go with total freedom, without being manhandled by an overproduced sound. Same with 'Lola', light and carefree song.

Then 'Stardust' brings us back on the steps of Lady Gaga and David Guetta so much that we feel we are listening to a producer's album not a singer's.

There are all the same some real guitar on 'Step With Me', pop ballad that makes us some good in this avalanche of synthetic sounds... that we found again unfortunately in 'Popular' , a duet with Priscilla Renea.

On these 9 songs, Mika blows hot and cold, excellent and less good. Everything is to be played out in the last straight line, with some last songs to finish including 2 in French besides Elle Me Dit. Final verdict at the start of the school year.

Oh dear, the review is as hot and cold as they say Mika's songs are. :sad:

Thanks for finding and translating, though! :thumb_yello:

Here is another review of the songs presented:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-80259.html

-------------------------------------

"The Origin Of Love" débarquera dans les bacs le 17 septembre prochain. Le troisième album de Mika est quasi terminé. Il a fait écouter les neuf premiers titres à quelques journalistes ce midi. Pure Charts y était.

Mika est toujours le même. Il le promet. Mais, "The Origin Of Love" à paraitre le 17 septembre amorce tout de même un vrai virage pour le chanteur de "Relax". Ce midi, dans un café branché de Saint-Germain, à Paris, le chanteur avait convié programmateurs et journalistes à une première écoute de son troisième album studio. Neuf titres. Pas tous finalisés.

Le morceau qui ouvre l'album donne son nom au disque. "The Origin Of Love", chanson écrite à Montréal il y a un an et demi quand Mika a commencé la préparation. Un titre très électro dance, sans véritable refrain mais aux ponts surprenants. On est loin des titres pops de "Life In Cartoon Motion" mais la production est remarquable. Parfaite introduction, le morceau fait rimer "cigarett" et "nicoret" le tout avec la voix vocodée de Mika, qui s'est offert les services de Empire Of The Sun pour la production.

Suit le titre "Celebrate" lancé en radios ce matin qui pourrait avoir le même destin qu' "Elle me dit" l'été dernier. Produit avec la complicité de Pharrell Williams, le titre dance/disco est ultra-efficace mais déstabilisera les amateurs des jolies mélodies au piano du francophile.

Les deux titres suivants ne les rassureront pas plus. Mika succombe à la mode électro avec l'enivrant "Overrated" taillé pour les clubs, l'explosif "Stardust" ou le sombre et nébuleux "Make You Happy" déjà dévoilé. Dans tous ces titres, Mika a travaillé avec de vrais musiciens, pas d'ordinateurs. La production n'est venue qu'après l'enregistrement nous a-t-il juré dans un entretien à paraitre sur Pure Charts.

Il faut attendre "Underwater" pour réentendre du piano. Ce titre marque une césure dans le disque et ouvre la voix à une seconde partie plus pop. La voix de Mika est "normale". « Cause all I need is the love you breath. But your lips on me, but I can't live underwater », chante le jeune d'origine libanaise dans un titre assez accrocheur. Beaucoup plus pop, "Lola" arrive en sixième plage. Un vrai tube. Un single potentiel qui ravira - pour le coup - les fans de Mika. Un titre écrit et produit en moins de quatre heures nous a confié le chanteur. Une magnifique balade à l'intro catchy où s'entrechoquent claquements de mains et chœurs.

Les deux titres suivants ont également attiré notre attention. "Step With Me" où Mika se pose des questions et se répond lui-même dans un jeu génial d'oppositions entre back vocals et vocals. "Step 1, Step 2, Step 3" décompte-t-il alors dans un titre porté par une mélodie guitare.

"Popular" clôt le disque. Un autre tube. Titre formidable où l'on retrouve une voix féminine, clin d’œil à son premier album. « Cause my song is popular » scande-t-il sur une rythmique piano entrainante. Mika l'a bien compris. Il est un artiste populaire, pop, grand public. Sa richesse, il a digéré les cinquante années de l'histoire de la pop. Ne manque que les trois titres français dont "Elle me dit" qui seront probablement sur un deuxième disque. Mika fait un pas en avant, entrouvre une porte sur le dance-floor sans s'y jeter à corps perdus. Pari gagné.

- by Steven Bellery

---------------------

Les deux titres suivants ne les rassureront pas plus. Mika succombe à la mode électro avec l'enivrant "Overrated" taillé pour les clubs, l'explosif "Stardust" ou le sombre et nébuleux "Make You Happy" déjà dévoilé. Dans tous ces titres, Mika a travaillé avec de vrais musiciens, pas d'ordinateurs. La production n'est venue qu'après l'enregistrement nous a-t-il juré dans un entretien à paraitre sur Pure Charts.

Il faut attendre "Underwater" pour réentendre du piano. Ce titre marque une césure dans le disque et ouvre la voix à une seconde partie plus pop. La voix de Mika est "normale". « Cause all I need is the love you breath. But your lips on me, but I can't live underwater », chante le jeune d'origine libanaise dans un titre assez accrocheur. Beaucoup plus pop, "Lola" arrive en sixième plage. Un vrai tube. Un single potentiel qui ravira - pour le coup - les fans de Mika. Un titre écrit et produit en moins de quatre heures nous a confié le chanteur. Une magnifique balade à l'intro catchy où s'entrechoquent claquements de mains et chœu

Overrated something for the clubs? i'm still hoping this Overrated isnt the same one we've heard the demo of xD maybe he forgot he already had a song called that.

And he cant live underwater? All this time i though he could (as long as someone put their lips on him) :aah:

Overrated something for the clubs? i'm still hoping this Overrated isnt the same one we've heard the demo of xD maybe he forgot he already had a song called that.

And he cant live underwater? All this time i though he could (as long as someone put their lips on him) :aah:

+1

+1

:teehee:

Well, he forgets lyrics all the time, so this might be true :roftl: Plus Overrated is almost 10 years old :shocked:

Oh nice one! Much more positive and exciting :thumb_yello:

Is anybody translating it or can I start working on it?

I think you're good to go :aah: my french isn't that good anymore with the lack of mika news for almost two years :teehee:

-------------------------------------

Le morceau qui ouvre l'album donne son nom au disque. "The Origin Of Love", chanson écrite à Montréal il y a un an et demi quand Mika a commencé la préparation. Un titre très électro dance, sans véritable refrain mais aux ponts surprenants. On est loin des titres pops de "Life In Cartoon Motion" mais la production est remarquable. Parfaite introduction, le morceau fait rimer "cigarett" et "nicoret" le tout avec la voix vocodée de Mika, qui s'est offert les services de Empire Of The Sun pour la production.

Les deux titres suivants ne les rassureront pas plus. Mika succombe à la mode électro avec l'enivrant "Overrated" taillé pour les clubs, l'explosif "Stardust" ou le sombre et nébuleux "Make You Happy" déjà dévoilé.

- by Steven Bellery

Oh,great,robot voices in The Origin Of Love as well,thanks Nick :aah:

And Overrated-electro,for clubs :shocked:

Translation :wink2:

Mika is still the same. He promises it. 'The Origin of Love', to be released on September 17, initiates a change of direction for the singer of 'Relax' though. Today at lunch time, in a trendy café in St Germain, the singer had invited programme planners and journalists to listen to his 3rd album. 9 songs. Not all finished.

The song that opens the album gives its name to it. 'The Origin of Love', written in Montreal a year and a half ago when Mika started. A very electro dance title, without a real chorus but with surprising bridges. We are far from the pop songs from LICM but the production is remarkable. Perfect introduction, the title makes 'cigarette' and 'nicorette' rhyme with the vocoded voice of Mika, who offered himself the services of Empire of the Sun for the production.

The following title is 'Celebrate', launched on the radio today, which could have the same destiny as EMD did last Summer. Produced with the complicity of Pharrell Williams, this dance/disco title is ultra effective but will unsettle the admirers of the nice piano melodies of the Francophile man.

The two following titles won't reassure them much more. Mika yields to the electro trend with the exhilarating 'Overrated', cut out for the clubs, the explosive 'Stardust' or the dark and nebulous 'Make You Happy' already revealed. In all these songs, Mika worked with real musicians, no computers. The production was made only after recording, he swore.

We have to wait for 'Underwater' in order to hear some piano again. This title is a caesura in the album and opens the way to a more 'pop' second part. "Cause all I need is the love you breathe. Put your lips on me, and I can live underwater" sings the young Lebanese man in a quite catchy song. (I corrected their lyrics which looked strange) Much more pop, 'Lola' is the 6th title. A true hit. A potential single which will please - this time - Mika fans. A title written and produced in less than 4 hours as the singer told us. A beautiful ballad with a catchy introduction where hand clapping and choirs are mixed.

The two following titles also caught our attention. 'Step With Me' in which Mika asks himself some questions and answers to himself in a genius game of opposition between back vocals and vocals. 'Step 1 Step 2 Step 3' he counts in a title based on a guitar melody.

'Popular' closes the album. Another hit. Amazing title where we find a feminine voice, allusion to his first album. 'Cause my song is popular' he chants on a lively piano rhythm. He is a popular, pop, general public artist. His wealth is that he has ingested 50 years of the history of pop music. Only the 3 French titles including EMD which will probably be on a second disc are missing. Mika is going one step forward, half-opens a door on the dancefloor without throwing himself wholeheartedly in it. It's in the bag (lol I don't know the exact translation, it means literally 'won bet')