BBC2 "I'm a Pop Star" 3rd episode - March 10 2012

guylainem123

BUMP!

I've also posted this on the M&T thread. I saw the doc about girl groups last night. It was really good and I congratulate the Beeb for screening such an interesting and unbiased documentary.

Anyway, at the end they quickly previewed next weeks show and I caught a precious glimpse of our golden boy, from the WAG vid.

This bodes well, because if they'd shown a clip from the GK vid they would probably talk about him like he's a one hit wonder. But showing him in the WAG vid shows that they realize he's had several hits.

So now I'm looking forward to next week's show. I don't know how much they'll talk about Mika, but he should get a mention at least. It's on BBC2 next Saturday evening.:thumb_yello:

I wonder if there's a way for us to watch too?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it looks like Mika may be featured in this episode

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2012/11/solo-star-week-11.html

and i was told he was shown as part of the intro for BBC2 shows this week

Thanks FD :flowers2:

So... can anyone record this for us??? :fisch:

I will try my best :aah:

But pleeeease don't rely on me, I don't know if my recorder works.

He will be interviewed but i don't know how long, normally they come back to them throughout the show...

'...There are lots of silly archive clips and some sillier animations, but it's all aboout the reminiscences of the sometime stars who give interviews. They range from Will Young to Cliff Richard to Mika to Nik Kershaw...'

there was more written but i typed the most important bit :teehee:

from The Radio Times 10-16 March :biggrin2:

Oh I used to love Nik Kershaw back in the day. Wouldn't It Be Good is one of those songs that will stick with me forever, like Grace Kelly.

It will be on the BBC Player later won't it? :dunno:

All three episodes should be on iPlayer until a week on Saturday (a week after the series finishes) :wink2:

from facebook:

This weekend Mika will be appearing in the final episode of the BBC 2 documentary 'I'm A Popstar'.

Alongside fellow solo artists like Sir Cliff Richard, Will Young and Adam Ant, Mika will be explaining what made him embark on a solo pop career, the excitement and the trials of being in the limelight

You can see the show at 9pm on Saturday March 10 on BBC 2. It's then repeated on Sunday, March 11 at 6pm.

If anyone's interested there's a program that you can download that assigns you UK IP, it's called Expat Shield and as long as your connection's fast enough you can watch stuff on iPlayer without any problem. I've only used it a few times myself, but couple of my English workmates use it quite a lot and we've never had any problems with it.

from facebook:

This weekend Mika will be appearing in the final episode of the BBC 2 documentary 'I'm A Popstar'.

Alongside fellow solo artists like Sir Cliff Richard, Will Young and Adam Ant, Mika will be explaining what made him embark on a solo pop career, the excitement and the trials of being in the limelight

You can see the show at 9pm on Saturday March 10 on BBC 2. It's then repeated on Sunday, March 11 at 6pm.

Is he actually going to be interviewed?? Wow!!!!!!!

:naughty: oh wow!

is it just me or does the head not belong to that body?

makes me think of a generic body with *insert head here*

but on the up side... kudos on that 6 pack Mika :das::roftl:

from facebook:

That explains what the show and its interviews are about really well, t4p:thumb_yello:

If anyone's interested there's a program that you can download that assigns you UK IP, it's called Expat Shield and as long as your connection's fast enough you can watch stuff on iPlayer without any problem. I've only used it a few times myself, but couple of my English workmates use it quite a lot and we've never had any problems with it.

Thank you! Thats very useful, very glad that we'll be able to watch it on iplayer now.

:naughty: oh wow!

is it just me or does the head not belong to that body?

makes me think of a generic body with *insert head here*

but on the up side... kudos on that 6 pack Mika :das::roftl:

hey, he *does* have a sixpack! :sneaky2:

basel28.jpg

:naughty:

'The third of three music documentaries gets inside the mind of a particular type of music star, the one that prefers to go it alone, the one that craves the limelight, the one that prefers to share the stage with no one else - unless it's a couple of dozen backing dancers and singers. Those discussing life as a solo performer include Kylie Minogue, Adam Ant, Sandie Shaw, Cliff Richard, Will Young, Craig David and Kelly Clarkson.'

'If you subscribe to the idea that it's only those who need love that take to the stage, then tonight's third part of the series focuses on the neediest of all - the solo artists. Not for them the tedious negotiations and compromises of a boring old band, no, this is all about the genius of ME! Kylie Minogue, Adam Ant, Sandie Shaw, and Cliff Richard are among the solo artists who discuss walking the tightrope of ego-mania and sole artistic responsibility.'

Hmm.

'The third of three music documentaries gets inside the mind of a particular type of music star, the one that prefers to go it alone, the one that craves the limelight, the one that prefers to share the stage with no one else - unless it's a couple of dozen backing dancers and singers. Those discussing life as a solo performer include Kylie Minogue, Adam Ant, Sandie Shaw, Cliff Richard, Will Young, Craig David and Kelly Clarkson.'

'If you subscribe to the idea that it's only those who need love that take to the stage, then tonight's third part of the series focuses on the neediest of all - the solo artists. Not for them the tedious negotiations and compromises of a boring old band, no, this is all about the genius of ME! Kylie Minogue, Adam Ant, Sandie Shawm, and Cliff Richard are among the solo artists who discuss walking the tightrope of ego-mania and sole artistic responsibility.'

Hmm.

Not the most pleasant of write ups, considering the latter names I've never considered the least bit ego maniacal!:blink:

Thank you:flowers2: I checked it out and it really works!!!! I´m so happy :roftl: Thanks again =)

Archived