international news!

kreacher

i though we could use a thread to discuss current events from across the globe, stuff like disasters, elections, fighting, even news from your region, but also good news stories that they never report about on the national news shows :thumb_yello:

this seems especially important since Mika often tweets about what's going on in the world.

p.s. sorry if there's already a thread like this, i searched but didn't find one.

p.p.s this is the first time i've started a thread :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? i didn't hear anything about! was anyone injured or was they're much damage?

didn't hear anything either :shocked:

that's why this thread is a good idea!:thumb_yello:

prince edward recently visited here (like 3 days ago) for the queen's jubilee...dunno why but it was big news here :naughty:

didn't hear anything either :shocked:

that's why this thread is a good idea!:thumb_yello:

prince edward recently visited here (like 3 days ago) for the queen's jubilee...dunno why but it was big news here :naughty:

Prince Edward... of England or is there another? :blush-anim-cl:

well, whoever he is, did you get to meet him? :teehee:

I like this, good idea :thumb_yello:

In the French news today : the wounded journalist stuck in Syria (Mika tweeted about her), presidential elections (like everyday) and the return of the cast of 'The Artist' who won several Oscars

Queen Elizabeth II is the queen of Barbados so yes...?

We had William and Kate here a couple of months after the wedding which was a huge deal. Edward, not so much. :teehee:

I think it's part of the Commonwealth, which is under her remit.:thumb_yello:

Hmmmmm..... well, in Australia Kevin Rudd tried to get elected over Julia Gillard as the leader of the Labor party, who currently are in charge...

It's so confusing, Kevin Rudd was PM in 2010, then Julia Gillard managed to force Kevin to resign as PM, then only a week or so ago Kevin tried to get his old job back as leader of the Labor party, but the other politicians in the party didn't want him so they mostly voted for Julia (despite the fact that Kevin seems to be much more popular with the people than Julia).

So, yeah. Basically the Labor party is going to lose the next election and we'll probably be stuck with Tony Abbott (who is an arrogant prick) :sneaky2:

I hate politics.

Great idea for a thread though. :thumb_yello:

Prince Edward... of England or is there another? :blush-anim-cl:

well, whoever he is, did you get to meet him? :teehee:

yes, the same english one :aah: nope i didn't but lots of other ppl did..:teehee:

Queen Elizabeth II is the queen of Barbados so yes...?

We had William and Kate here a couple of months after the wedding which was a huge deal. Edward, not so much. :teehee:

yes she is....and no wonder barbados is called 'little england'..:aah:

there was a huge thunderstorm here in Uruguay last night, it's not such a big deal, but the pictures people took are really beautiful

wow those pics are beautiful!!:thumb_yello:

there was a huge thunderstorm here in Uruguay last night, it's not such a big deal, but the pictures people took are really beautiful

431732_10150590023398786_578748785_9336563_34692716_n.jpg

that doesn't even look real :thumb_yello:

about the most interesting news in Nebraska today was that "A University of Nebraska-Lincoln professor this week will help performer Lady Gaga launch a group to promote tolerance and empowerment among youth." :aah:

wow those pics are beautiful!!:thumb_yello:

WOW! Amazing pics!

that doesn't even look real :thumb_yello:

Not a big deal? :shocked: does it happen every often in Uruguay?

but those are some beautiful photos! :aah:

yeah, they are amazing! :wub2:

actually, yeah, storms are normal here, maybe not like that night, like 5 beams at the same time, that is quite unusual, and see it on the pictures it's kinda scary, but beautiful at the same time

in the USA yesterday there were several tornados across the middle of the country, at least 12 people died :( the tornados caused a lot of damage too.

the weather today is a bit better, but the forcasters say tomorrow there could be more tornados, in the same areas. :thumbdown:

in the USA yesterday there were several tornados across the middle of the country, at least 12 people died :( the tornados caused a lot of damage too.

the weather today is a bit better, but the forcasters say tomorrow there could be more tornados, in the same areas. :thumbdown:

that's so not cool :sad: let's hope the forecasters are wrong....

in related news, the capital city of georgetown in guyana was massively flooded after heavy rains yesterday...:teehee: this is not an unusual occurrence there for a variety of reasons...but since they're about 12 inches below sea level, if global warming continues one day they'll be permanently flooded :thumbdown:

that's so not cool :sad: let's hope the forecasters are wrong....

in related news, the capital city of georgetown in guyana was massively flooded after heavy rains yesterday...:teehee: this is not an unusual occurrence there for a variety of reasons...but since they're about 12 inches below sea level, if global warming continues one day they'll be permanently flooded :thumbdown:

:sneaky2: global warming is kind of ruining everything :huh:

We're looking at flooding throughout Central and southern NSW... Actually, there's a flood warning for the creek that runs through the town I'm in right now, as well as the creek that's near my home (in another town). Wonder what's going to happen with the creeks...