international news!

kreacher

:sneaky2: global warming is kind of ruining everything :huh:

ikr?!

We're looking at flooding throughout Central and southern NSW... Actually, there's a flood warning for the creek that runs through the town I'm in right now, as well as the creek that's near my home (in another town). Wonder what's going to happen with the creeks...

o noes!:shocked: i 'lived' through a really big flood (our house was under about 5 ft of water) back in 2005...flooding is not pretty :no: i hope your creek holds:thumb_yello:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ikr?!

o noes!:shocked: i 'lived' through a really big flood (our house was under about 5 ft of water) back in 2005...flooding is not pretty :no: i hope your creek holds:thumb_yello:

The school I'm working at is on a hill, so we should be okay here. The creek near my house is sort of down a hill, so unless there's major flooding I should be okay.

I figure if they were worried about the road getting closed then the school would be told and we'd get told to go home (not only that, I onky have another hour or so till I finish :teehee:)...

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of god news from my corner of the world... today my city's city council passed an ordinance to make it illegal to discriminate in the workplace on the basis of sexual orientaion or gender identity (although churches are exempt). In 2010 a similar ordinance failed so this was a big victory for equal rights today :clap: the mayor has already said he's lokking forward to signing this into law :D

A little bit of god news from my corner of the world... today my city's city council passed an ordinance to make it illegal to discriminate in the workplace on the basis of sexual orientaion or gender identity (although churches are exempt). In 2010 a similar ordinance failed so this was a big victory for equal rights today :clap: the mayor has already said he's lokking forward to signing this into law :D

That's fantastic, congratulations! :clap:

What's the state of same sex marriage (or sex marriage as Mika would say :teehee: ) in your state by the way?

I'm in. There was an earthquake here some days ago. Nothing serious:aah:

Hey same here too!:naughty: In Israel.. We have the Great Rift Valley thing... Because of that the Dead Sea is the lowest place in the world... where Mika was! :teehee:

That's fantastic, congratulations! :clap:

What's the state of same sex marriage (or sex marriage as Mika would say :teehee: ) in your state by the way?

it's not legalized here :sneaky2: most of the state seems pretty conservative so i doubt same-sex marriage will be legalized any time soon. Mika needs to come here & give 'em all a talking to!

Hey same here too!:naughty: In Israel.. We have the Great Rift Valley thing... Because of that the Dead Sea is the lowest place in the world... where Mika was! :teehee:

Same here! Just had a 5.0 Magnitude earthquake. I didn't even feel it :naughty:

Same here! Just had a 5.0 Magnitude earthquake. I didn't even feel it :naughty:

LOL yeah me nither! I think it was felt in Lebanon too tho.. atleast one thing in common:naughty::naughty:

It's the end of the woorrllddd!!! damn it hurry up Mika! :aah:

it's not legalized here :sneaky2: most of the state seems pretty conservative so i doubt same-sex marriage will be legalized any time soon. Mika needs to come here & give 'em all a talking to!

that's good news indeed!

but if that santorum guy wins the election i fear everything goes back to the dark ages :sneaky2:

LOL yeah me nither! I think it was felt in Lebanon too tho.. atleast one thing in common:naughty::naughty:

It's the end of the woorrllddd!!! damn it hurry up Mika! :aah:

:roftl::roftl:

I thought that was the case... Anyway the passing of that ordinance is a great thing and a victory for equalness. Babysteps. :teehee:

that's good news indeed!

but if that santorum guy wins the election i fear everything goes back to the dark ages :sneaky2:

So true...

funny-facebook-fails-wishful-thinking.png

:teehee:

I thought that was the case... Anyway the passing of that ordinance is a great thing and a victory for equalness. Babysteps. :teehee:

So true...

funny-facebook-fails-wishful-thinking.png

:teehee:

:roftl::roftl: good one

i wish all those things and some 'harsher' ones :teehee:

i'm really appalled to see him getting this far though, and i thought palin reflected badly on the US :sneaky2:

:roftl::roftl: good one

i wish all those things and some 'harsher' ones :teehee:

i'm really appalled to see him getting this far though, and i thought palin reflected badly on the US :sneaky2:

Like stepping on a Lego. :devil:

To be honest I don't know much about the politics of the US but I agree with you. I find his opinions shocking.

a bus with schoolkids had a horrible accident. they were coming back to Belgium, but the bus crashed in Switzerland... 28 people died, amongs them 22 kids, they were no older then 12.... All of Belgium's in shock, there'll be a day of national mourning soon....

it's just so horrible ::tears:

a bus with schoolkids had a horrible accident. they were coming back to Belgium, but the bus crashed in Switzerland... 28 people died, amongs them 22 kids, they were no older then 12.... All of Belgium's in shock, there'll be a day of national mourning soon....

OMG! that's terrible! :( i heard a bit about this on the news but not all these details :huglove:

I'm shocked... poor kids and their family :sad:

that's good news indeed!

:roftl::roftl:

my sister lives in Pennsylvania where Santorum was senator and she said everybody she knows HATES him so much :aah:

Romney's way ahead in the primaries so i doubt Santorum will win. if one of them has to win i guess Romney seems to be the lesser of two evils. But that's not gonna happen cuz OBAMA'S GONNA WIN!!! he just has to!

omg that's terrible :tears: it's particularly sad for me when children are the ones that suffer such tragedy....my thoughts with their devastated families :sad:

I heard about that last night.Such a terrible thing to happen :sad:

Our thoughts are with the poor parents - many of them still don't know if their children are among the dead :tears:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17426313

A gunman has shot dead a teacher and three children at a Jewish school in the French city of Toulouse.

Horrible! so so sad..:tears::tears:

I wish there were some good news in this world too..:huh:

I read about this in the news.. Very sad. I don't get why people would do such a thing..

I hope tomorrow will bring something good.:)

That lunatic might be on a 'mission'. I find it difficult to understand how some people's mind can be totally obscured by dogmatic thoughts.

I feel sorry for the teacher and the children. I read that three of them were from the same family.

:rip_1:

That lunatic might be on a 'mission'. I find it difficult to understand how some people's mind can be totally obscured by dogmatic thoughts.

I feel sorry for the teacher and the children. I read that three of them were from the same family.

:rip_1:

Indeed, incomprehensible. Yes, he was a Rabbi in that school, with two of his little children. He was living in Jerusalem where I live, and moved to France...

It's definitely a sick act, hope that killer will be caught..

What happened today in Toulouse is frightening and sad. All of France is in shock :sad:

I think everyone is shocked that young children could be deliberately shot in this way :sad: