Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Good morning! So I woke up to find that a new song Make You Happy had leaked online. Freaked for 30 seconds and then realised it was ok

I'm happy to finally be sharing new music with you. It's a song from the album, not the 1st single & there's a short film for it also, soon!

Edited by BiaIchihara

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm happy to finally be sharing new music with you. It's a song from the album, not the 1st single & there's a short film for it also, soon!

:boing:

Oh,not the 1st single.:teehee:

Oh dear! It's all kind of electronic and horrible. Catchy like EMD , but not making me happy at least yet. :fisch:

It's hard to tell what to make of it. The electronic noises make it hard to pick stuff out. What is wrong with piano, brass and strings?

Edited by Ellenowl

Another announcement as promised... MIKA will be playing this year's International Festival of Carthage in Tunisia on 31st July!

The event is all ages, full details of the event will be on the festival's website soon and tickets will be on sale on 25th June.

AND what's more, we have yet another pair of tickets to give away! To be in with a chance of winning, just email your name, age, guest's name and age, address and contact number to mikacompetition@gmail.com by this Sunday night (10th June) and we'll announce the winner on Monday.

As always, the prize is the tickets only, so you'll need to make your own travel arrangemets to get to and from the event. GOOD LUCK!

398899_10150891176878040_313813158_n.jpg

:boing:

Oh... Okay Meeks, so now we know the score. In a way I'm glad. Though I think it'd make a stunning single, I think I realize what's happening. This song is promoting 'Origin', and getting ppl talking about Mika again. It's good if the single hasn't been exposed yet (if it's Uw, that was a song in progress when we heard it so it wasn't finished) but it's good we've got to hear a finished song from the album, that sounds good quality and gives listeners a taster of it.

It occurs to me that Mika is taking a different track with his promotion techniques, from last time, and so far, I think he's doing the right thing. We'll have to wait and see. But he's made me happy today!!!!!

I commissioned a short film which I felt perfectly captured the sentiment of the track. Directed by Iouri Philippe Paille & made in Montreal

Here's the 1st song I wanted u to hear from my new record. This is not a single but a song I really love & wanted to share with u

FROM MIKA: "Here's the first song I wanted you to hear from my new record, "The Origin of Love." This is not a single but a song I really love and wanted to share with you.

I commissioned a short film which I felt perfectly captured the sentiment of the track. The film was directed by Iouri Philippe Paillé and was made in Montreal. This is where the entire album started taking shape a year ago with Nick Littlemore at Planet Studios in Papineau.

I can't wait for you to hear the first single and the rest of the album very, very soon"

FROM MIKA: "Here's the first song I wanted you to hear from my new record, "The Origin of Love." This is not a single but a song I really love and wanted to share with you.

I commissioned a short film which I felt perfectly captured the sentiment of the track. The film was directed by Iouri Philippe Paillé and was made in Montreal. This is where the entire album started taking shape a year ago with Nick Littlemore at Planet Studios in Papineau.

I can't wait for you to hear the first single and the rest of the album very, very soon"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :excite:

Needless to say, this song has grown on me a lot since I first heard it. I hope there will be some acoustic songs as well as the electronic ones. At first I thought 'oh no!' but mika is still in the heart of the song! (2.30 ish!)

The prospect of 'The Origin of Love' is making me happy!:mikadas:

I commissioned a short film which I felt perfectly captured the sentiment of the track. Directed by Iouri Philippe Paille & made in Montreal

Here's the 1st song I wanted u to hear from my new record. This is not a single but a song I really love & wanted to share with u

but what does "very very soon" mean? :aah::blush-anim-cl::roftl:

I would love it if we heard at least the single before he starts doing gigs. I appreciated this so much more than hearing snippets on iTunes or videos with relatively poor sound quality from a live gig. I'm glad they decided to release this when they did.

What does this mean?

WOTYOUGOT ‏@WOTYOUGOT

In studio w @mikasounds, hes playin me fab choons off his new LP & I can exclusively reveal the collab btw me & Madonna did not make the cut

What does this mean?

WOTYOUGOT ‏@WOTYOUGOT

In studio w @mikasounds, hes playin me fab choons off his new LP & I can exclusively reveal the collab btw me & Madonna did not make the cut

It sounds like Madonna wrote a song for Mika and he didn't use it? Seems very unlikely. :blink::teehee:

Don't understand all this. Make you happy is not a single but it has it's own video? :shocked: Has anyone done anything like that before?

I know, Mika is not there, so he didn't want to announce it as a video for the first single because he is afraid of MFCers! :mikacool:

Don't understand all this. Make you happy is not a single but it has it's own video? :shocked: Has anyone done anything like that before?

I think this is not dissimilar to putting Relax out before launching GK (and the rest of the album). Technically Relax was a single in 2006 but it may as well not have been and it was re-released later, with a different video.

I would love it if we heard at least the single before he starts doing gigs. I appreciated this so much more than hearing snippets on iTunes or videos with relatively poor sound quality from a live gig. I'm glad they decided to release this when they did.

I think this is not dissimilar to putting Relax out before launching GK (and the rest of the album). Technically Relax was a single in 2006 but it may as well not have been and it was re-released later, with a different video.

Oh, I didn't know that. I was wondering about those two versions of Relax video.:thumb_yello:

Oh, I didn't know that. I was wondering about those two versions of Relax video.:thumb_yello:

Yes I think Relax kind of suffered a bit (at least in the UK), but it was a good way to get the industry buzzing about Mika and once GK launched it was an instant success because there was so much hype about him. I think it's a good idea to float his new sound out before they debut the single because it's so different from his older music.

If not, I'm glad I heard it anyway. I've been tired of waiting. :aah::naughty: