Mika to direct Futuroscope's new show

PurpleCat

In our tumblr blog one of our contributors translated this:

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vienne/Loisirs/24H/n/Contenus/Articles/2012/03/13/Mika-et-Solveig-vont-relooker-deux-attractions-du-Futuroscope

MIKA and Martin Solveig will relook two Futuroscope's attraction

Each two internationals music stars will relook a *Futuroscope’s attraction at the end of 2012 and at 2013.

Martin Solveig, one of the most famous French DJ in the world, who has written 6 tracks on the new Madonna’s album and who will be open for her show at the Stade de France (Paris, France) on the summer, will give a facelift to the favorite teenagers’ attraction,*Danse Avec Les Robots. Initiated in 2006 by *Kamel Ouali, a *Star Academy’s choreographer on *TF1, the attraction consists in making dancing 10 giant robots full of tourists. Martin Solveig will rethink all the robots’ look which dance on the music, for a really clubbing atmosphere. He can do first spotting on next weeks and the new attraction can be ready for Christmas 2012 or for 2013.

MIKA, the “Elle Me Dit“‘s singer, the teenager’s darling, will conduct the artistic direction of a new night show. We already know that the showman will conduct all the soundtrack, he will be on the picture and the show will be inspired by his newt album “The Origins Of Love”. “We’ll refound his fantastic and popular univers, he has got the show sense, I’ve seen him on 2008 at *Les Francofolies, it was very awesome”, Dominique Hummel, the Futuroscope’s CEO, assures. The next night show, concepted with the light effect creator, Skerzo, is annonced for 2013.

*Futuroscope is an attraction parc based at Poitiers, in France, about new technologies, robotic and futuristic things.

credits for la-boite-a-musique

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outsider,maybe I see the things a little different,but this is just my opinion: as long as his name appear in press and it's not about gossip or bad things,all those projects can't bother me,even if it's about France,Madagascar or the North Pole! I'm happy for him,whether is about creating a show for an amusement park,or being in front row for a fashion show,or writing a song for Madonna.And I think is quite flattering what Christian Louboutin said about him: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/the-fix/article/a-moment-withchristian-louboutin . Maybe creating a good album is really a pressing job and he needs other activities for a good balance in life.Not anyone can release one hit per week like Rihanna :aah:. And I don't think is Mika's fault or french fans fault for those projects,it's just that some people for France appreciate him and wants to work with him.Maybe if he would be invited to San Remo or another festival,or asking for a Disneyland (U.S.A. :biggrin2:) collaboration,he would do it. (damn,I'm still waiting for Dracula Park in my country,who knows? :mf_rosetinted:). But like I said before,this is only my opinion,I don't want to upset someone. :teehee:

Edit:I fixed the link.

Edited by krysady

As an outsider,maybe I see the things a little different,but this is just my opinion: as long as his name appear in press and it's not about gossip or bad things,all those projects can't bother me,even if it's about France,Madagascar or the North Pole! I'm happy for him,whether is about creating a show for an amusement park,or being in front row for a fashion show,or writing a song for Madonna.And I think is quite flattering what Christian Louboutin said about him: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/the-fix/article/a-moment-withchristian-louboutin.Maybe creating a good album is really a pressing job and he needs other activities for a good balance in life.Not anyone can release one hit per week like Rihanna :aah:. And I don't think is Mika's fault or french fans fault for those projects,it's just that some people for France appreciate him and wants to work with him.Maybe if he would be invited to San Remo or another festival,or asking for a Disneyland (U.S.A. :biggrin2:) collaboration,he would do it. (damn,I'm still waiting for Dracula Park in my country,who knows? :mf_rosetinted:). But like I said before,this is only my opinion,I don't want to upset someone. :teehee:

Well said. :thumb_yello: I feel the same as you. :wink2:

As an outsider,maybe I see the things a little different,but this is just my opinion: as long as his name appear in press and it's not about gossip or bad things,all those projects can't bother me,even if it's about France,Madagascar or the North Pole! I'm happy for him,whether is about creating a show for an amusement park,or being in front row for a fashion show,or writing a song for Madonna.And I think is quite flattering what Christian Louboutin said about him: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/the-fix/article/a-moment-withchristian-louboutin.Maybe creating a good album is really a pressing job and he needs other activities for a good balance in life.Not anyone can release one hit per week like Rihanna :aah:. And I don't think is Mika's fault or french fans fault for those projects,it's just that some people for France appreciate him and wants to work with him.Maybe if he would be invited to San Remo or another festival,or asking for a Disneyland (U.S.A. :biggrin2:) collaboration,he would do it. (damn,I'm still waiting for Dracula Park in my country,who knows? :mf_rosetinted:). But like I said before,this is only my opinion,I don't want to upset someone. :teehee:

Well said. :thumb_yello: I feel the same as you. :wink2:

I feel the same as well.

Yeah well I felt that way 2 or 3 years ago too. But I am no longer feeling so magnanimous about Mika playing in bear outfits and amusement parks instead of releasing an album since I am facing the prospect of depleting my retirement fund if I ever want to see him again. Especially when I have absolutely zero interests in bear outfits and amusement parks. :naughty:

As an outsider,maybe I see the things a little different,but this is just my opinion: as long as his name appear in press and it's not about gossip or bad things,all those projects can't bother me,even if it's about France,Madagascar or the North Pole! I'm happy for him,whether is about creating a show for an amusement park,or being in front row for a fashion show,or writing a song for Madonna.And I think is quite flattering what Christian Louboutin said about him: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/the-fix/article/a-moment-withchristian-louboutin . Maybe creating a good album is really a pressing job and he needs other activities for a good balance in life.Not anyone can release one hit per week like Rihanna :aah:. And I don't think is Mika's fault or french fans fault for those projects,it's just that some people for France appreciate him and wants to work with him.Maybe if he would be invited to San Remo or another festival,or asking for a Disneyland (U.S.A. :biggrin2:) collaboration,he would do it. (damn,I'm still waiting for Dracula Park in my country,who knows? :mf_rosetinted:). But like I said before,this is only my opinion,I don't want to upset someone. :teehee:

Edit:I fixed the link.

I understand what you mean, but we simply miss him in the UK. It isn't that we don't want him to take up some offers to do stuff in France (or anywhere else) and it's not that we're going off the boil as far as being his fans. It is simply that we wish he'd announce some gigs in the UK, or say he's going to release a single over here.

This has been a long time coming, we've all been patient. The number of times I personally have come on here, seen a thread about something Mika is doing, then found out it's only in France. The Coke Happiness Bottle, for example, was only in France.

When he released Elle Me Dit, we thought that, maybe we'd get a single too, very soon and when he sang EMD in English, I thought maybe he's going to release it over here, but that didn't happen.

It may not be Mika's fault, in fact it probably isn't his decision, but whoever decides what gets released and where, needs to realize we, in the UK, have been waiting a long time for some new Mika music. I know we on the fanclub get to hear what he does, but the general public in the UK don't, and to them, he's a has-been with no new hits, and that upsets me.

I long for him to be back on top in the UK, but that's not going to happen while he has no new songs in the charts.

So I hope I've explained things okay. Of course I still love Mika! If I didn't, I wouldn't want him to do well in the UK again, but I do want that. I just hope he does too.

I think we'll all feel so much better when he announces some UK dates, the 1st single and the album dates as well.

Btw, welcome to the MFC. Please don't think of yourself as "an outsider"

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Yeah well I felt that way 2 or 3 years ago too. But I am no longer feeling so magnanimous about Mika playing in bear outfits and amusement parks instead of releasing an album since I am facing the prospect of depleting my retirement fund if I ever want to see him again. Especially when I have absolutely zero interests in bear outfits and amusement parks. :naughty:

But all those things makes him what he is,even sometimes there are silly things.I prefer anytime funny like him than gloomy like,let's say,Prince Charles :teehee:. I think Mika is like Marmite: love it or hate it ! And I'm sure you don't hate him :wink2:

But all those things makes him what he is,even sometimes there are silly things.I prefer anytime funny like him than gloomy like,let's say,Prince Charles :teehee:. I think Mika is like Marmite: love it or hate it ! And I'm sure you don't hate him :wink2:

Well I never thought that "what Mika is" was someone who prefers schmoozing with pretentious people in the fashion world instead of making music. It seems much more Prince Charles than the Mika I fell in love with. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway I agree with Marilyn, no need to feel like/speak as an outsider. :wink2:

@Marilyn Mastin: Yes,I understand what you mean,but like he said, it's almost there.I always thought that his sister's accident was a painful experience for him and made him slowing down for a while.But who knows,I have no idea how to write a song,or how long it takes to create an album,I can't judge him.And I'm sure it will be some gigs for UK too.:thumb_yello:

Well I never thought that "what Mika is" was someone who prefers schmoozing with pretentious people in the fashion world instead of making music. It seems much more Prince Charles than the Mika I fell in love with. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway I agree with Marilyn, no need to feel like/speak as an outsider. :wink2:

I see it more like "besides".And really,Prince Charles?? Oh God! Mika,you have to rush with that album,this is really serious! :naughty:

I hope I'm not misunderstood because of my poor english:blush-anim-cl:

Edited by krysady

Prince Charles? Oh, no :jawdrop:

I love Mika in red pants and fun t-shirts , not with big ears :lmfao:

I feel sorry Mika hasn't released one of his new songs in UK yet..Underwater would have been perfect in my opinion :wub2: I'm in love with that song forever :swoon:

I think Mika goes wherever people have projects for him or with him and since EMD was a major hit in France and it' stil being played and the vid is still a lot on TV here , it is France at the moment, but I'm sure it's only a matter of circumstances and as soon as he's got a single in English out , he'll be everywhere in England as well.

French fans want Mika to be famous in the whole world, we're not trying to keep him only for ourselves :naughty: I'm sad when my friends miss him...I hope it won't be long till the first single in English is out as Mika twitted his TOOl would be ready faster than he thought :teehee: and remember the whole album will be in English, only the French release will have French songs in it, so by then we'll get a treasure of beautiful songs to pick singles from :wub2: I can't wait to hear them all :swoon:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I did not understand anything. What is this show? What will be do Mika specifically?

I dont understand what this is/what he's doing :mf_rosetinted:

Me too.....

:mf_rosetinted:

The art director makes all the decisions about the visual elements of a show. He is the person who imagines how the show will look like. For example it's like what he did for the Imaginarium tour or the PDP show. So having seen what he did for his shows in the past and keeping in mind how interested he is in the visual arts and visual elements of a show I think it's really exciting that he's the art director for this Futuroscope project. Cant wait to find out more about it:wub2:

The art director makes all the decisions about the visual elements of a show. He is the person who imagines how the show will look like. For example it's like what he did for the Imaginarium tour or the PDP show. So having seen what he did for his shows in the past and keeping in mind how interested he is in the visual arts and visual elements of a show I think it's really exciting that he's the art director for this Futuroscope project. Cant wait to find out more about it:wub2:

Thinking of how much he loves designing his own shows... he must be very excited about this job! And if he finds it interesting and fun it can't be a bad thing.

Thinking of how much he loves designing his own shows... he must be very excited about this job! And if he finds it interesting and fun it can't be a bad thing.

It must be a great experience for him, especially when he doesn´t have to pay for his great ideas and he can do whatever he wants :teehee:

Thank you for explaining, Louiza!! :flowers2:

I am with Lena, qwurtie and Yuna. I know what an artistic director is but I don't understand what this show is. Obviously the end result of Mika developing his own show is a Mika tour but what is this? :dunno:

I am with Lena, qwurtie and Yuna. I know what an artistic director is but I don't understand what this show is. Obviously the end result of Mika developing his own show is a Mika tour but what is this? :dunno:

When we will see, then we will understand ... ) No one knows what images are filled Mika's head. Apparently, he needs to release these.:teehee:

When we will see, then we will understand ... ) No one knows what images are filled Mika's head. Apparently, he needs to release these.:teehee:

I don't mean what is it going to look like but what is it? Is it a musical? Acrobatics? A laser show? A kid's show? What is the prupose of it? Who is performing? Surely that is not all decided by the art director?

I don't mean what is it going to look like but what is it? Is it a musical? Acrobatics? A laser show? A kid's show? What is the prupose of it? Who is performing? Surely that is not all decided by the art director?

Maybe something like Michael Jacksons Captain Eo show, for Disney.

It must be a great experience for him, especially when he doesn´t have to pay for his great ideas and he can do whatever he wants :teehee:

Yes,how this can be a bad thing? especially when the show will be inspired by his new album. :thumb_yello:

So if Mika wants to become a monk and go into the mountains for the next 20 years to practice a vow of silence because this is what he likes to do we are all going to agree that this is a great thing and we are happy because he is happy? :naughty: