Mika to direct Futuroscope's new show

PurpleCat

So if Mika wants to become a monk and go into the mountains for the next 20 years to practice a vow of silence because this is what he likes to do we are all going to agree that this is a great thing and we are happy because he is happy? :naughty:

:floor: this is the last thing I can imagine he would do :floor:, so yes it would be O.K. :floor::floor:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Mika wants to become a monk and go into the mountains for the next 20 years to practice a vow of silence because this is what he likes to do we are all going to agree that this is a great thing and we are happy because he is happy? :naughty:

:lmfao: Oh,no,that can never happen,I've never seen a monk with Loubi shoes and i bet he can't live without them for so long :lmfao::mf_rosetinted:

I have no idea what that is either. :roftl:

It was a great 3d film that Michael made back in the 80s. I was lucky enough to see it when I went to Disneyland, it was very popular.:thumb_yello:

It was a great 3d film that Michael made back in the 80s. I was lucky enough to see it when I went to Disneyland, it was very popular.:thumb_yello:

It's a fantastic film, I saw it at Tokyo Disneyland.

[YOUTUBE]6jlSO52dFNE[/YOUTUBE]

Oh I see. This is supposed to be a live show though? Or not? I mean Mika won't be in it if it's a live show.

Oh I see. This is supposed to be a live show though? Or not? I mean Mika won't be in it if it's a live show.

If he plans to incoprorate himself into the show, he could use the holographic techniques Gorillaz used for their live shows, which would be inkeeping with the Futuroscope theme.

If he plans to incoprorate himself into the show, he could use the holographic techniques Gorillaz used for their live shows, which would be inkeeping with the Futuroscope theme.

Oh that sounds a bit creepy, like Wax Mika. :naughty:

I don't mean what is it going to look like but what is it? Is it a musical? Acrobatics? A laser show? A kid's show? What is the prupose of it? Who is performing? Surely that is not all decided by the art director?

My first thought was that this will be a laser show. My little brain can not imagine how can make something global.) Well, to do some beautiful design for a stage ... Add new Mika's music ... But Futuroscope has so big space! I am lost in conjecture!

Edited by Lena

I would say he's enthusiastic about this project. He's not just a singer/songwriter, he's an artist in the widest sense of the word, as everyone knows. I'm sure he's designing a stunning, spectacular show I can't wait to see with my own eyes.

:wub2:

I remember seeing this film in Disneyland when I was twelve. I was so impressed by it.

I would say he's enthusiastic about this project. He's not just a singer/songwriter, he's an artist in the widest sense of the word, as everyone knows. I'm sure he's designing a stunning, spectacular show I can't wait to see with my own eyes.

Thats exactly what I've been thinking:wub2:

Hahah, the point is that his side projects so far are not /have not been like 20 years of silence, on the contrary, most times it's something we can watch or at least read news about it. He is not hiding somewhere designing the project, he is doing his music at the same time and eventually we can see this new show if we like (and I would like to see it) :thumb_yello:

People should do things they enjoy and what makes them happy. And it makes me happy to think he is happy and watch interviews where he is excited and tells about projects he loves :blush-anim-cl:

Always happy to hear about another Mika project. It is awesome to come back into the forums after a nice long break and see that the man is working hard and getting paid for his skills and creativity.

I was afraid he was out there just eating good food in various countries and living like he was on permanent vacation. Glad to know the album is taking so long because he's keeping his studio bills paid and making sure he can afford to tour.

I would have been disappointed if I had logged on and found out there wasn't any Mika news. Always happy to come on and see good news.

Just imagine if we were fans of some guy who was out fighting paternity suits, fighting in bars, and abusing his partners! It's awesome that our news is always good news :thumb_yello:

I am looking forward to the new album even more now :wub2:

He is doing his music at the same time and eventually we can see this new show if we like (and I would like to see it) :thumb_yello:

No actually "we" can't. I live 4000 miles away from this amusement park. I am never going to see it. :roftl: That's why he may as well be monking in the mountains as far as I'm concerned. :naughty:

No actually "we" can't. I live 4000 miles away from this amusement park. I am never going to see it. :roftl: That's why he may as well be monking in the mountains as far as I'm concerned. :naughty:

But you have seen several Mika shows in Europe, so I thought if you _really_ wanted to see this one it might be possible. But in general, we = not particularly you or me, but "fans" :naughty:

But I understand your point well. If he decides to concentrate on US/Asia in the future, I will be happy to know he is well and enjoying his work, but I probably won't be following news about him this closely or watch every video etc. Not because I will lose my interest but because for me it's important to see his shows live (I don't listen to recorded music much) and if I can't do it I will feel sad (and will probably concentrate on doing something else). Well, I can't be sure, we will see what happens.

But you have seen several Mika shows in Europe, so I thought if you _really_ wanted to see this one it might be possible. But in general, we = not particularly you or me, but "fans" :naughty:

I think I would go to Europe if he ever creates a live musical or an opera that is his baby from start to finish and that he has written the music for. I still don't understand what this amusement park thing is so I guess that doesn't help my lack of enthusiasm. :naughty:

Maybe something like Michael Jacksons Captain Eo show, for Disney.

Yes! As an aside, after MJ died, Walt Disney World brought the film back

for a "limited time." Luckily (for me, at least) it's still playing in Epcot. I

saw it just the other day, in fact. :wub2:

:lmfao:

I'm just imagining it! That reminds me of the line from Blackadder: "A vow of silence? How interesting. Tell me about it."

Sorry, I digress. :wink2:

Yes, I agree with you. I think Mika is trying very hard to express himself

via many different artistic genres. And that's fine, but really for me,

it's all about the music, and I do wish he'd get on with it! I just see all

this other stuff as delaying the main event -- the new album -- and I'm

getting so impatient for it! :blush-anim-cl:

I think I would go to Europe if he ever creates a live musical or an opera that is his baby from start to finish and that he has written the music for.

Oh yes, please, Mika! Do THAT! :thumb_yello:

I am happy for him, and I know he's far more than a singer/songwriter. I also realize that he has to have many strings to his bow if he's going to have a lasting career. I know that when we get footage from Futurescope I'll be very excited and proud of Mika.

But right at this minute I'm more excited about Gang Bang. I think it could be a hit! Maybe even number one and Mika's name is in the songwriting credits. This, to me personally, is the most exciting thing at this moment in time.

Because, for me, what matters is that he sells millions of albums. The publicity surrounding his work with Madonna, is something that could help more people get to know him. People in, say, the USA where his music never gets played on the radio, but who would love him if they found out who he was. This, to me, is more important atm.

But when the Futurescope show comes I'm sure it will be great and Mika will make a wonderful spectacle. By that time, hopefully, he'll have done gigs and TV shows in the UK and elsewhere in the world, and his album will be a success.

• 2 years later...

i was wondering what became of this project so i googled it & found this exchange on Facebook:

Yohann Allemand > ‎Futuroscope 4 décembre 2012 ·

"Bonjour vous savez quand est ce que Mika viendras au futuroscope ? Merci :wink2: "

Thomas Chabrout-Jullien

"Bonjour Yohann,

Il était prévu un temps une collaboration entre Mika et le parc pour un nouveau spectacle, mais cela est resté sans suite. Ce n'est donc plus d'actualité."

i'm not sure i understand google translate. Does this reply mean the project was cancelled?