glasses arrived today. - that was fast... :biggrin2: now i only have to buy some glowsticks to try if it works... not sure though if i can bring any glowsticks to london, as i only have hand luggage... do they count as liquids at the airport? :blink:

it also works if you're wearing normal glasses - the only problem is that those things that should go over the ears are a bit short. but if you fix it with a rubber band (a normal one, or one of those things you attach to glasses during sports etc. so they don't fall off), it works perfectly. i think i'll attach small rubber bands to all the glasses i'm bringing, so everyone can decide whether they want to use them or remove them. :wink2:

Do you want me to bring some glowsticks with me?

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want me to bring some glowsticks with me?

thanx, i think hasi said she'll bring some, but i don't know how many... i'll check with her on twitter. :wink2:

Ticket arrived :thumb_yello:

On the down side, I looked at some footage of last year's Circus Stage acts on the Lovebox website, and if this year is anything like that I might have shot myself before Mika appears :aah:

On the down side, I looked at some footage of last year's Circus Stage acts on the Lovebox website, and if this year is anything like that I might have shot myself before Mika appears :aah:

It's mainly dj orientated, and most likely in favour of those who go regularly to the club nights, so I would imagine it will have a big show of people who go there. Although Mika is headlining, it iis primarily a This Is Circus line up, thus the crowd that go there will be who they'll cater for.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing Mel Blatt from All Saints, and Little Boots dj set, as well as Mika.

Edited by RAK1

It's mainly dj orientated, and most likely in favour of those who go regularly to the club nights, so I would imagine it will have a big show of people who go there. Although Mika is headlining, it iis primarily a This Is Circus line up, thus the crowd that go there will be who they'll cater for.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing Mel Blatt from All Saints, and Little Boots dj set, as well as Mika.

I know. I think I'll aim to arrive three seconds before Mika takes the stage to avoid having to endure the DJ/club crap. I don't have a VIP ticket so won't be at the front anyway!

I am looking forward to seeing Mel Blatt from All Saints, and Little Boots dj set, as well as Mika.

I like them both, Little Boots in particular. Are they on the same stage (The Circus) though? On Jodie's site where all the acts for that stage are listed I can't see any familiar names other than Mika and Scottee.:dunno:

I know. I think I'll aim to arrive three seconds before Mika takes the stage to avoid having to endure the DJ/club crap. I don't have a VIP ticket so won't be at the front anyway!

I was looking at last years footage and it looked like no one was rushing to the front, and everyone was pretty spread out during the DJ sets, so we shouldn't worry too much about arriving there super early. But saying that, there have been 150 RSPVs for Mikas set, so I think I might check out that venue first, and then see if I can chance walking around a bit more.

I agree so much :naughty:

looking forward to reading about your experience :mf_rosetinted:

*pats shoulder*

damn, i'll have to get drunk - that's the only way how i can endure techno/house/electro music for more than a few minutes! :aah: actually it can be quite fun if you're drunk enough and love dancing... i just don't think i can keep that up from noon until whenever mika comes on stage. :freak:

... maybe i'll just bring earplugs for the first part of the day. :naughty:

btw, you seen this?

... i hope it doesn't rain during the festival, and at least 3 days in advance! :aah: Edited by mellody

I was looking at last years footage and it looked like no one was rushing to the front, and everyone was pretty spread out during the DJ sets, so we shouldn't worry too much about arriving there super early. But saying that, there have been 150 RSPVs for Mikas set, so I think I might check out that venue first, and then see if I can chance walking around a bit more.

It looks very chill throughout the entire event in last year's footage. It would be a shame if some hardcore Mika fans ruined it for everyone by clinging to the barriers for 12 hours. :aah:

It looks very chill throughout the entire event in last year's footage. It would be a shame if some hardcore Mika fans ruined it for everyone by clinging to the barriers for 12 hours. :aah:

It really would :aah: I don't think I'm getting there til half one-ish, and I definately know we're gonna be walking round to see who else is playing. Paying £50 for a ticket, I'm definately gonna take advantage of it, and spend as much time there as I can, but I won't waste it by spending all of that time sitting on some grass watching people dance :naughty:

It really would :aah: I don't think I'm getting there til half one-ish, and I definately know we're gonna be walking round to see who else is playing. Paying £50 for a ticket, I'm definately gonna take advantage of it, and spend as much time there as I can, but I won't waste it by spending all of that time sitting on some grass watching people dance :naughty:

Go see Patrick Wolf if you can. He is very entertaining, especially when he's in a good mood and chatty. Something tells me he'll be in a very good mood at an event like this. :naughty:

In any case have fun. It looks like a great event.

Go see Patrick Wolf if you can. He is very entertaining, especially when he's in a good mood and chatty. Something tells me he'll be in a very good mood at an event like this. :naughty:

In any case have fun. It looks like a great event.

I've heard of him, but never really looked into him more, so I'll have a look! I was hoping to catch Lana Del Rey, but I have a feeling she will be on later in the evening like Mika.

Thanks! :biggrin2:

It really would :aah:I don't think I'm getting there til half one-ish, and I definately know we're gonna be walking round to see who else is playing. Paying £50 for a ticket, I'm definately gonna take advantage of it, and spend as much time there as I can, but I won't waste it by spending all of that time sitting on some grass watching people dance :naughty:

Thanks for letting me know :mf_rosetinted::naughty: What are we going to be doing between the time I arrive and getting there? OOOH we can talk properly without pounding disco music everywhere :fangurl::teehee:

:nervous:

This is my first gig as an MFCer so would appreciate the chillness rather than manic stress :aah:

Thanks for letting me know :mf_rosetinted::naughty: What are we going to be doing between the time I arrive and getting there? OOOH we can talk properly without pounding disco music everywhere :fangurl::teehee:

:nervous:

This is my first gig as an MFCer so would appreciate the chillness rather than manic stress :aah:

NO NO. Do not worry. Well, we are getting to you at 11:30, and it takes 40 minutes to get there... Ish. I think. So it will be 12:30 then :doh:

WELL I'M SORRY.

NO NO. Do not worry. Well, we are getting to you at 11:30, and it takes 40 minutes to get there... Ish. I think. So it will be 12:30 then :doh:

WELL I'M SORRY.

40 minutes? :shocked:

*checks google maps*

YOU'RE RIGHT. Wow. Are we tubing or walking or mainly tubing and some walking? Or vice versa? :aah:

YOU SHOULD BE.

40 minutes? :shocked:

*checks google maps*

YOU'RE RIGHT. Wow. Are we tubing or walking or mainly tubing and some walking? Or vice versa? :aah:

YOU SHOULD BE.

Well, I think it's half an hour tube journey or maybe less, but then we have to walk a bit too. I can't remember... I should probably check.

Where is everyone staying for this gig? We're at the City Inn Hotel, London Fields.

Me and my are staying at the Kings Arms Guest House on Bow Road. It's not too far from Victoria Park and a two minute walk from the tube.

yeah, it's awful if people hang over the barrier like a wet blanket at festivals, it's not nice for the artists that are on before mika, and those who want to enjoy their show. it's ok for a little while if you're tired and can't sit down - but if someone's performing on stage and you're in the front rows, HAVE FUN, FFS! (or at least pretend you do... :naughty:)

i'll try to avoid walking around too much, as it'll only cost me money i don't have. :teehee: i saw in a video that they have fair rides, like autoscooter - i love that kinda stuff, but i can't afford going on rides all day! :aah: what i'll definitely do though is get some food at that pizza stand, or the italian food stand (see "food" on the lovebox website) - that sounds delicious! :fangurl: ... and i'll need to eat something anyway. :naughty:

not particularly interested in any of the artists that day (except mika of course), but if we ever get information who performs at what time, i might have a look.

Where is everyone staying for this gig? We're at the City Inn Hotel, London Fields.

travelodge... don't remember which one though. :rolls_eyes: it's not too far from the festival, and it's cheap. :biggrin2:

Edited by mellody

yeah, it's awful if people hang over the barrier like a wet blanket at festivals, it's not nice for the artists that are on before mika. it's ok for a little while if you're tired and can't sit down - but if someone's performing on stage and you're in the front rows, HAVE FUN, FFS! (or at least pretend you do... :naughty:)

Exactly! Festivals is a totally different thing than a basic Mika gig. I mean, watching festival singers/bands on stage before Mika is totally different than watching ordinary supporting acts (well it's never okay to be rude, any case!). Last summer, I tried to enjoy every singer and band, took pictures and danced and had fun, and it was a lot of fun indeed and I discovered some great new musicians (like King Charles in Belgium, just bought the new album!). It's NOT nice for anyone to just sit and looked bored for hours.

Exactly! Festivals is a totally different thing than a basic Mika gig. I mean, watching festival singers/bands on stage before Mika is totally different than watching ordinary supporting acts (well it's never okay to be rude, any case!). Last summer, I tried to enjoy every singer and band, took pictures and danced and had fun, and it was a lot of fun indeed and I discovered some great new musicians (like King Charles in Belgium, just bought the new album!). It's NOT nice for anyone to just sit and looked bored for hours.

yeah, belgium last year was fun, i remember we did a choreography with our arms for one of the bands. :naughty: and i also remember there was one band whose gig i particularly enjoyed, though i can't remember their name now... but it was sad to see that half of the front row just stood there with bored faces, while everyone else was enjoying themselves.

despite my aversion to techno, i'm curious about what the performances will be like... i managed to survive a few club nights with dj howard donald (the guy from take that who is also a house dj now) and enjoyed myself there, so who knows, maybe i'll be a house/electro fan after that festival. :naughty: at least hearing this music for a few hours will make me get so used to it that even if mika's new songs are hardcore electro compared to his old stuff, they'll seem like fluffy soft pop to me. :roftl:

Edited by mellody

btw, i wrote an e-mail to lovebox as i wanted to know whether i can bring plastic bottles with water - their answer:

With the exception of sealed bottled water, food and drink is not allowed to be brought onto site.

good to know that the bottle has to be sealed. :wink2:

I'm hoping also for a nice stress free, headache free, relaxed day. Although the 'headache free' is totally depending on the music. :wink2:

I think my headache will be more Champagne induced than from the music:naughty: