• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not mean to meddle and am the last person to encourage queueing at a festival, but, and I do not want to attack you, I recall discussions in the past, for example just before the Edinburgh gig, about people having to stop queueing so early because it ruins the fun. Yet, if I remember correctly, you were the first people queueing for the Edinburgh gig. Once again, not meaning to attack you on this one, but it seems a bit hypocritical to say everybody should stop queueing early and go back to the old days, yet you contribute to the issue yourself as well, on this particular occasion.

I think queueing at a festival is ridiculous and that is why I was happy in Liege that we got there at 7 PM and still got a front row spot. I think it's to each their own. No, I'm not happy if I hear that 80 people are queueing at 6 in the morning, but that is just the way it is. If people want to hang around that barrier all day, let them. They paid 50 pounds for that ticket, or more, and they can do whatever they want, without someone questioning their intentions. In the end, most of us just want to be at the front. In Mika land, and for most big artists anyway, that means having to get your ass over there early.

You say that you don't want to meddle, but what IS the point of your post? If you bother reading everything I said, I admitted straight out that I have done that in the past, and said how stupid I see now that was. I put my hands up and said that I had done it, and I am realising now in hindsight how pointless and silly it is.

How is that hypocritical? It's just living and learning. You bring up Edinburgh, which is pointless because the only reason we went there early was due to plenty others making it clear that they would queue from early,so we went with it. Anyway, again, this is past and part of what i was talking about before when I included myself in it, so I don't see the point in bringing up individual instances of it.

Re other artists, I've been to many gigs at the O2,where 1-2 hours before the show for a massive artist there were only a bunch of fans queuing, so I disagree. In any case, in Mika gigs there are only a handful of people doing this,being there for 12 hours or more, and the rest turn up at a normal time, which is what we've always been saying and why it's pointless to go there that early.

As Christine said, cultures can be changed, and it doesn't need to be like this.

Hi everyone :)

That's right there are still tickets available ;).

I would like to go, maybe it will be possible, but I was asking myself, how long it will take to arrive, if I order a ticket before this monday ?

I am living in France so maybe it will be too long to have it. For the people who are living outside of the UK, how long did it take to have it back after the order ? Thanks to answer me :blush-anim-cl:

Hi everyone :)

That's right there are still tickets available ;).

I would like to go, maybe it will be possible, but I was asking myself, how long it will take to arrive, if I order a ticket before this monday ?

I am living in France so maybe it will be too long to have it. For the people who are living outside of the UK, how long did it take to have it back after the order ? Thanks to answer me :blush-anim-cl:

I think it might just arrive on time, but if not maybe you could just show them an email confirmation or something?

Got a new camera so people should have some nice quality video to look at :naughty:

I think it might just arrive on time, but if not maybe you could just show them an email confirmation or something?

Got a new camera so people should have some nice quality video to look at :naughty:

Great news about the camera :wink2:. Can´t wait to see the videos even if it will be difficult in the Turkey with Youtube or have they unblocked Youtube now?

You say that you don't want to meddle, but what IS the point of your post? If you bother reading everything I said, I admitted straight out that I have done that in the past, and said how stupid I see now that was. I put my hands up and said that I had done it, and I am realising now in hindsight how pointless and silly it is.

How is that hypocritical? It's just living and learning. You bring up Edinburgh, which is pointless because the only reason we went there early was due to plenty others making it clear that they would queue from early,so we went with it. Anyway, again, this is past and part of what i was talking about before when I included myself in it, so I don't see the point in bringing up individual instances of it.

Re other artists, I've been to many gigs at the O2,where 1-2 hours before the show for a massive artist there were only a bunch of fans queuing, so I disagree. In any case, in Mika gigs there are only a handful of people doing this,being there for 12 hours or more, and the rest turn up at a normal time, which is what we've always been saying and why it's pointless to go there that early.

As Christine said, cultures can be changed, and it doesn't need to be like this.

The point of my post was to clear this up. You did now so that is fine. Apart from that, as this is a public forum, I am allowed to post and question things, just as much as you are allowed to do so too. You tell people they should not feel attacked, I tell you to not feel attacked because I was just wondering about something, and then you reply all defensive. And to be quite frank, I did not bother to read the entire post. I did later though, thought about changing my post but decided not to, because I couldn't be bothered.

Well, if I look at gigs from massive artists such as Katy, Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Tokio Hotel, Lady Gaga, you can not get front row by getting there a few hours beforehand. It's all nice to have this Utopian idea about how the queueing should be, but it is not going to change. Not every fan bothers to go on MFC and even fewer fans will care what people on a forum say they should or shouldn't do.

But whatever, I'm not going to this festival anyway, so I don't really care what happened.

Also, I'd like to stress that I didn't care about you or anyone queueing early, as I did the same and well, if I feel the desire to be at the front and it is necessary, I will do so again. But I prefer to choose gigs that are not as popular. If you go to Paris, or London, you're bound to queue for a long time, whilst if you go to small cities in a country like Germany, it won't be as bad. It's all about choices.

Still no tickets :no:

I think maybe the normal tickets went out first and the VIP ones afterwards? It might also depend on who you ordered them through. I got mine via Ents24. I'm sure they'll arrive early next week. :thumb_yello:

I tried earlier, and it seems it possible to print the ticket with ticketmaster. I guess it is possible because it is a "normal" ticket and not a VIP one ;) or my english is that bad I don't understand anything which is possible but it's another story... I will be sure when I will get it :P - tomorrow If I don't change my mind :blush-anim-cl:

My ticket arrived, but as I was still sleeping, I didn't hear the postman, so got a "go to pick up" card through the letterbox. Went to pick up on my way to a job at 11.30, to be told that the postman hadn't come back from his deliveries yet!

So picking up on Monday now.

Hi again ;)

I'm about to take my decision but I would like to know if the most of you took the VIP tickets ?

I think most people got VIP ones. I didn't, because I bought mine immediately, before I knew everyone was going VIP! I don't know what the difference is in terms of what/where they get you at the festival site. Maybe VIPs have access to better toilets? Better food? Champagne and caviar? Dunno! :dunno:

I've just posted on the Lovebox fb page re camera restrictions. Could someone go and back me up? :wink2:

Here Can someone back me up re cameras on the lovebox fb page...https://www.facebook.com/LoveboxOfficial

Edited by Treasa

I've just posted on the Lovebox fb page re camera restrictions. Could someone go and back me up? :wink2:

Sure. Although I'm not very good at that sort of thing. :naughty:

*rolls up sleeves*

*comments on post*

That should show them. :lmfao::mf_rosetinted:

Sure. Although I'm not very good at that sort of thing. :naughty:

*rolls up sleeves*

*comments on post*

That should show them. :lmfao::mf_rosetinted:

I'm not very good at it either. I don't normally post anything like that but it's worth a try. Thanks. :thumb_yello:

I'm not very good at it either. I don't normally post anything like that but it's worth a try. Thanks. :thumb_yello:

Just did it! :thumb_yello: But like I said,if it works,don't forget to share with friends! :mf_rosetinted:

I think most people got VIP ones. I didn't, because I bought mine immediately, before I knew everyone was going VIP! I don't know what the difference is in terms of what/where they get you at the festival site. Maybe VIPs have access to better toilets? Better food? Champagne and caviar? Dunno! :dunno:

ok :) Thanks for your answer ;) if there are few mikafans in the same "normal" area than me it will be ok ;) I am not taking a VIP ticket by the way :) too expensive...

Edited by Etoile2roses