Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

It would be a miracle if it were played here in the States :/

Yes, I mean, if Mika can sell out a theatre in a minute, with hardly any USA radio play, imagine how it would be if he did get played there.

It has always upset me that he doesn't get the exposure he deserves in The States. If he did, he'd be much better thought of in the UK and they'd start playing his records again. The UK media always respect artists who are big in America.

I know he has fans there, and is doing brilliantly, for an artist who's not been played much on the radio. Let's hope they give the new songs a chance.

Apparently it's going to be on the Dutch radio station 538 a LOT next week:

http://www.radio538.nl/muziek/#alarmschijf/item/mika-ft-pharrell-williams-celebrate

The 'alarmschijf' is a song that gets played so often that usually by the end of the week I never want to hear it again... ever. I think being the alarmschijf at 538 is generally a good thing for a song though. And this week I just might tune in :thumb_yello:

Yeah baby, let's teach my driving teacher for hating him.. mwuahahaha finally found something 538 is good for (A)

CORRECTED LYRICS:

I want the whole world to celebrate

Let's go

I wanna come home

To the only place I know

Where the trees I planted grow

I wanna come home

Once I get up I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Being hurt like this forever

Will be no way

I'll be just fine

When I see you at the finish line

Doesn't matter if I take my time

I'm coming home

Once I get up I feel better

And I pull myself together

It will be OK

Will be no way

I'm not mad at you at all

But I want the whole world to celebrate

Yeah

Mmmm

Right about now it's time for everybody to stand up

stand up

stand up

and have fun

'cause we just begun

Let's go

Once again if I feel better

Then I pull myself together

It will be OK

I wanna go home

I wanna go home

I wanna go home

And celebrate

I'll get the whole world to celebrate

This song reminds me WHAT I PUT IN THREAD "NEWS SMILEYS" TEDDY BEAR TO MY DEAR ...

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3696675&postcount=136

I COULD GIVE Him THE IDEA ....

iTS FANTASTIC RATE FOR THE AWAKENING OF EACH DAY.

Lively.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRANSLATION.

sIBXTHB0QDw

Edited by mer

OMG I didn't watch Xtra Factor! *slaps own wrist*. This is what I said in, either this thread or another one, of Celebrate becoming the new Happy Ending in terms of the instrumental version having a life of it's own as an incidental soundtrack. The instrumental, even without the lyrics, is so good in terms of musicality.

This also means the song IS being taken seriously and hopefully it will bet played on the radio stations.

I was listening to a song today. Don't know who the woman is, but the song was just constantly repeating something like "Touch my potty". That's what it sounded like. All I could think of was, "Please play Celebrate and turn off this piece of s***e.

Haha :aah: touch my body by Mariah Carey maybe :teehee: ??

I was listening to a song today. Don't know who the woman is, but the song was just constantly repeating something like "Touch my potty". That's what it sounded like.

Haha :aah: touch my body by Mariah Carey maybe :teehee: ??

no, it's a new one, high in the UK charts. I heard it yesterday, too.

Here is the 'potty song' : :rolls_eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimiWfZAtXw

no, it's a new one, high in the UK charts. I heard it yesterday, too.

Here is the 'potty song' : :rolls_eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimiWfZAtXw

If this is what's on top ten in the UK at the moment, I'm afraid Mika has no chance neither with Celebrate, nor with the Origin Of Love (the song) :no: But I hope I'm wrong and Mika's gonna be like a breath of fresh air in music industry once again :pinkbow:

If this is what's on top ten in the UK at the moment, I'm afraid Mika has no chance neither with Celebrate, nor with the Origin Of Love (the song) :no: But I hope I'm wrong and Mika's gonna be like a breath of fresh air in music industry once again :pinkbow:

I'd say he stands a great chance. Compared to THAT awful thing, Celebrate is incredibly fantastic and Origin, even better.

I'd say he stands a great chance. Compared to THAT awful thing, Celebrate is incredibly fantastic and Origin, even better.

Don't get me wrong! I completely agree with you - Celebrate and Origin Of Love (and every other Mika song, including Blame it On The Weather :mf_rosetinted:) are an infinity times better than that Potty song, but if this is what UK radio listeners like at the moment, it's hard for me to imagine how they could like something from Mika. But like I said before, I hope I'm wrong :crossed:

Don't get me wrong! I completely agree with you - Celebrate and Origin Of Love (and every other Mika song, including Blame it On The Weather :mf_rosetinted:) are an infinity times better than that Potty song, but if this is what UK radio listeners like at the moment, it's hard for me to imagine how they could like something from Mika. But like I said before, I hope I'm wrong :crossed:

On BBC, Florence + the Machine & Emeli Sandé are in the Top-10, right after the Pooty song... It might give us hope about UK's tastes xD

I don't get it ... British people have so many nice bands, though... Why on earth would they listen to that kind of %@# songs ?

WOW :pbjt:

Good work, guys ! :> Uk's good tastes are waking up :naughty:

That station is for older listeners though. Still better than nothing, I suppose. That's also the station where songs from the second album got any airplay, I think, and not Radio1, so no change there.

Out of the two stations I'd choose Radio 2 of course as well, so I think they are actually right about the target group.

Edited by suzie

And you're watching every Justin Bieber video because...? :teehee:

...because I saw some people commenting on Celebrate how Bieber has sent them here by adding Celebrate to his playlist. I had to make sure :mf_rosetinted: Don't worry, I'm not trading Mika for Bieber, at least not yet :naughty:

Edited by Milda

...because I saw some people commenting on Celebrate how Bieber has sent them here by adding Celebrate to his playlist. I had to make sure :mf_rosetinted:Don't worry, I'm not trading Mika for Bieber, at least not yet :naughty:

Riiiiiight. :mikacool:

I love some of these comments. :lmfao:

WOAH MIKA IS HOT NOW? wtf crazy

HES FIT HOW DOES THIS WORK? WTF MIKA IS FIT!!!! AHHHHH

did he actually get prettier?

me too, but he looks dapper as f*ck now! hahah

OMG he looks so freaking HOT with that haircut!

Riiiiiight. :mikacool:

Hey stop it, now everyone's gonna think I'm a secret belieber :aah:

I love some of these comments. :lmfao:

I guess you were right, a hot/sexy singer is all what people want to see in a music video :naughty:

Story goes like this...

I walk into the house. My little brother ( who always tricks me into believing various lies about mika) tells me mika has been played on the radio (happens very rarely in the uk). I ask him which song, and he says MYH. Obviously I don't believe him, then he says 'ok then, celebrate', which definitely didn't convince me at all. Then he showed me Celebrate was actually single of the week on radio 2! That was a nice surprise!

Great news, even if radio 2 is for old people!

People might actually know about the song if it's played on the radio. :)

That station is for older listeners though. Still better than nothing, I suppose. That's also the station where songs from the second album got any airplay, I think, and not Radio1, so no change there.

Out of the two stations I'd choose Radio 2 of course as well, so I think they are actually right about the target group.

I would ( as a teenager) rather listen to radio 2 any day, because they play real music. Sometimes in the car we put radio 1 on as a joke , but the ' music' is completely awful! I wish they'd stop playing that depressing Paloma Faith song in radio 2 though.:aah: