Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

Nice review form arjanwrites.com:

Mika Unveils Video for New Single "Celebrate" featuring Pharrell

6a00d8341cabbe53ef0177440a1f14970d-450wi

What makes Mika stand out head and shoulders from the rest of the pop pack is his finely-tuned gift for infusing his music with a childlike innocence and genuine joy. It's as if he discovers the world and its beauty for the very first time, and he shares those moments for everyone to enjoy. In other words, he wants "the whole world to celebrate" and spread his cheer around like confetti. That artistic point of view will continue on his forthcoming new album, entitled "The Origin Of Love," that the singer likes to describe as a record "about crazy love songs and tolerance."

After looking at "life in cartoon motion" and singing about "the boy who knew too much," Mika's new album is shaping up to be his most personal to day. Refreshed and rejuvenated, his new music once again relishes in simple joy but appears to hit a lot closer to home for the British singer. His new single "Celebrate" is a perfect example of that. "This single is what happens when you combine a 22 year old you find online, Fryars, with an extra-planetary Nick Littlemore and Pharrell Williams," Mika says about the song in a press release.

Mika adds, "Written by me, Pharrell and Fryars and produced by Nick, this kind of collaboration is only possible when everyone throws themselves into it wanting to have fun and without any ego. This collective and open attitude was at the heart of 'The Origin Of Love.' It was recorded in Miami and London but mostly in Fryars' north London bedroom studio."

In the fun new video for "Celebrate," Mika is shown working his way through a serious case of writer's block in his New York City loft with footage of the singer writing lyrics on sheets of papers trying to find the right words. He stares out of the window and heads into the city to find inspiration to end up on a dancefloor. Matching the happy outburst in the song, right at the 2:36 minute mark, Mika finds a break-through and knows exactly what to write. "Once again, I pull myself together and I remember those two letters, I will be OK," Mika sings, and shares a simple yet powerful truth that can never be repeated too much. (Mika "Celebrate" featuring Pharrell will released on September 30.)

I heard "Celebrate" last Monday when I was shopping at H&M, I was sooo happy ! It was the 1st time I had ever heard it on the radio~ I started singing the whole thing, as usual... I guess my friend is getting used to it as she didn't even bothered pretending not not to know me ^^'

I heard "Celebrate" last Monday when I was shopping at H&M, I was sooo happy ! It was the 1st time I had ever heard it on the radio~ I started singing the whole thing, as usual... I guess my friend is getting used to it as she didn't even bothered pretending not not to know me ^^'

They have played 'Celebrate' three times here :excite: and i heard it at H&M too :teehee:

They just played the instrumental to Celebrate in The Xtra Factor! I was so excited!!! :mikalove:

OMG I didn't watch Xtra Factor! *slaps own wrist*. This is what I said in, either this thread or another one, of Celebrate becoming the new Happy Ending in terms of the instrumental version having a life of it's own as an incidental soundtrack. The instrumental, even without the lyrics, is so good in terms of musicality.

This also means the song IS being taken seriously and hopefully it will bet played on the radio stations.

I was listening to a song today. Don't know who the woman is, but the song was just constantly repeating something like "Touch my potty". That's what it sounded like. All I could think of was, "Please play Celebrate and turn off this piece of s***e.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Apparently it's going to be on the Dutch radio station 538 a LOT next week:

http://www.radio538.nl/muziek/#alarmschijf/item/mika-ft-pharrell-williams-celebrate

The 'alarmschijf' is a song that gets played so often that usually by the end of the week I never want to hear it again... ever. I think being the alarmschijf at 538 is generally a good thing for a song though. And this week I just might tune in :thumb_yello:

http://www.radio538.nl/muziek/#alarmschijf/item/mika-ft-pharrell-williams-celebrate

The 'alarmschijf' is a song that gets played so often that usually by the end of the week I never want to hear it again... ever. I think being the alarmschijf at 538 is generally a good thing for a song though. And this week I just might tune in :thumb_yello:

Oh that's great, think I'll listen to German radio this weak :naughty:

Dutch! As in the Netherlands. We're not a province of Germany, you know :doh:

:huglove:

Oh that's right :doh: I'm so stupid, I always think of dutch as in Deutschland :doh: But okay, I'm going to listen to dutch radio this weak :naughty:

:hi5:

I just listened for a while, and the third song they played was celebrate. :thumb_yello:

Oh that's great :thumb_yello: have to listen when I come home :teehee:

Edit: I like it, they haven't played celebrate, but they play Euphoria :naughty:

Edited by Lilasko