Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

finally a short german article about celebrate: http://www.songtexte.com/news/mika-feat-pharrell-williams-celebrate-video ... they got everything wrong though. :aah: they say celebrate is already the 2nd single (guess they think myh is the first...) and that madonna has been involved in producing mika's album. :doh: it's nothing new they write, but i guess i can be happy that celebrate has been mentioned on a german website at all. :rolls_eyes:

:naughty:

Even better! I checked it on my phone and therefore didn't see the home page

Just noticed how Mika is on top and not Celine Dion

I hope it does well in the other countries and becomes an international hit, if it does it'll stand a better chance of being played in the UK on the radio.

hmm well, I've never used iTunes before.. so I ask: is it normal that the prices are not expressed in my currency? I mean, it's all in dollars, not in chilean pesos :blink: .. anyways, it seems that I am able to buy Celebrate :naughty: I'd love to know how to buy :aah: [i've never brought something on-line, guess it's time for learning :wink2:]

It's not even in the chart tho.... well, I'll work on that after my exams x.x

I don't know why it's in dollars. :dunno:

If you click on it to buy it should give you instructions on how to register for an account.

Neither can I! If Muse's album is released the same day as Mika, then Mika won't be #1. Unfortunately Muse have a much bigger following than Mika, in the UK at least.

He won't be No.1 in Korea too, if Muse album is released on that day.. I'm sure. Thinking that only very few US/UK artists can beat Mika here, that's such a disaster.. Why have to be same day with Muse's ? They have No.1 fandom here and sell out entire arena in few minutes !! :shocked::shocked:

hmm well, I've never used iTunes before.. so I ask: is it normal that the prices are not expressed in my currency? I mean, it's all in dollars, not in chilean pesos :blink: .. anyways, it seems that I am able to buy Celebrate :naughty: I'd love to know how to buy :aah: [i've never brought something on-line, guess it's time for learning :wink2:]

It's not even in the chart tho.... well, I'll work on that after my exams x.x

No, I don't think so, are you sure you have the right country?

Thanks for the tweet. :biggrin2:

There's an advert for it on the home page.

celebrate.jpg

:yay:

No, I don't think so, are you sure you have the right country?

I had a look at the Chilean iTunes earlier and the price is listed in dollars. Maybe the exchange rate is too volatile and it's easier to keep the prices at $1 :dunno:

I had a look at the Chilean iTunes earlier and the price is listed in dollars. Maybe the exchange rate is too volatile and it's easier to keep the prices at $1 :dunno:

Okay, well maybe that's the case. Still find it a bit weird though :dunno:

finally a short german article about celebrate: http://www.songtexte.com/news/mika-feat-pharrell-williams-celebrate-video ... they got everything wrong though. :aah: they say celebrate is already the 2nd single (guess they think myh is the first...) and that madonna has been involved in producing mika's album. :doh:

:lmfao:

I think any such publicity is good for him :roftl:

Why have to be same day with Muse's ? They have No.1 fandom here and sell out entire arena in few minutes !! :shocked::shocked:

They may still change the release date. for Mika's album..:dunno:

Okay, well maybe that's the case. Still find it a bit weird though :dunno:

actually, i don't think so. .. i'm not sure how to say this in english, but "chilean currency is pretty stable and trustable" [does that makes sense? :blink: ], cause we are a stable country :3 , an extremely cool country, indeed :mf_rosetinted: haha

.... anyways, it's not usual to find prices in chilean pesos on the internet :blink:

Thanks for answering!

:lmfao:

I think any such publicity is good for him :roftl:

They may still change the release date. for Mika's album..:dunno:

I hope they do, but they are making a real mess of the album campaign so far, so why quit now? Why not just continue to ruin TOOL's chances of being #1? it looks like that's their aim!

They've certainly done Mika no favours. It'd be great if he was bigger than Muse, but unfortunately, he isn't, so they shouldn't have put him head-to-head-with them. Even I know that, and I am thick-as-two-short-planks

actually, i don't think so. .. i'm not sure how to say this in english, but "chilean currency is pretty stable and trustable" [does that makes sense? :blink: ], cause we are a stable country :3 , an extremely cool country, indeed :mf_rosetinted: haha

.... anyways, it's not usual to find prices in chilean pesos on the internet :blink:

Thanks for answering!

I don't know then. Maybe it's just a marketing ploy and they think people will spend 99 cents quicker than 500 pesos. :naughty:

I hope they do, but they are making a real mess of the album campaign so far, so why quit now? Why not just continue to ruin TOOL's chances of being #1? it looks like that's their aim!

They've certainly done Mika no favours. It'd be great if he was bigger than Muse, but unfortunately, he isn't, so they shouldn't have put him head-to-head-with them. Even I know that, and I am thick-as-two-short-planks

The album doesn't have to be number 1 the week it's released. Life in Cartoon Motion entered the Canadian album charts just a couple of months ago just because of a television appearance. The charts can swing wildly and if it's a great album with lots of tracks getting radio play then it will stay in the charts and can move around. Adele was #1 again this April and the album must have been out at least 14 months at that point.

I don't think they can plot their strategy around what Muse is doing especially when it's a different genre of music. If it's not Muse it will be someone else. At the moment Mika is not highly rated enough in the UK to automatically trump many artists. He's going to have to earn it.

I don't know then. Maybe it's just a marketing ploy and they think people will spend 99 cents quicker than 500 pesos. :naughty:

The album doesn't have to be number 1 the week it's released. Life in Cartoon Motion entered the Canadian album charts just a couple of months ago just because of a television appearance. The charts can swing wildly and if it's a great album with lots of tracks getting radio play then it will stay in the charts and can move around. Adele was #1 again this April and the album must have been out at least 14 months at that point.

I don't think they can plot their strategy around what Muse is doing especially when it's a different genre of music. If it's not Muse it will be someone else. At the moment Mika is not highly rated enough in the UK to automatically trump many artists. He's going to have to earn it.

Point taken. I suppose, in the end, its not so much the chart position, as the album sales. I'd love him to have a #1 album again, but LICM stayed in the UK charts for a long time and went up and down, so we'll see what happens with TOOL. I'm so glad to hear LICM is popular in Canada, since the awesome TV appearance.

Just found out that "Celebrate" will be played on radio stations in Israel starting today! I'm soooo happy!! :swoon::swoon:

A good news!!!Celebrate is at No.7 in Chinese No.1 Hit Music Station's chart this week!!!!:thumb_yello:

wooww amaqzing!!

Celebrate hasn't been played in chilean radios ... yet

I'll work on that next week :naughty:

A good news!!!Celebrate is at No.7 in Chinese No.1 Hit Music Station's chart this week!!!!:thumb_yello:

where did you get that?......i don't pay that much attention on Chinese report...:wink2: