Mika Filming Music Video for “Celebrate” on the Lower East Side

dcdeb

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the words he writes, and tears up, drift over the city and make people celebrate.

It's a bit like what happens in real life, with Mika's music drifting over the airwaves and coming out of peoples' cars as they drive along.

On the one hand it's sad that Mika is alone at the end of the vid, but on the other hand, it makes the video, both happy, and tragic at the same time.

And of course, he's playing a character. It's not his real life.

Pump up the volume Pump up the volume :thumb_yello:

I think people are just seeking emotions the video reflects from the song. And Celebrate is not only happy song, it tells about the situation where the person in not purely happy but is longing for home (or longing for the feeling of being "home"). The video describes it really well and fits the song, imo. He sounds really happy these days (and that surely makes us all happy) but he must know, like everyone else, what it is to feel lonely even when you are in the middle of the crowd. He is still a normal person, even though his life style looks quite comfortable or fancy compared to most people :naughty:

I agree about this, I mean MYH short film is extra ordinary beautiful, I loved it immediately! I love the atmosphere in the film :wub2: On the other hand, I also love the song more than Celebrate... I still think that the Celebrate video is well done, it describes the song really well and I especially like the natural look and styling in it and after reading people's feedback it looks a video like this can be very useful for him.

Exactly.

It's not the point whether Mika is happy or not in these days, in his real life, and yeah, we have not to forget that a video it's a little movie, it's art, not real life, as Marilyn Mastin said.

It's so clear that he's happy now, and it's much clearer that he's not a vulnerable person at all.

It was just a feeling that some shots of the video have left behind in some of us, that's all, I think.

I loved how he expressed the sensation that through suffering you can achieve happiness (the sheets of paper becoming confettis), but I also noticed that he seems alone in the crowd.

While jumping, he happily looks at the sky (ok, it's the ceiling :teehee:), not in other people's eyes, and in the end of the video, he lays down alone on the floor, always happy, but alone, in the "glorious" way smokesignal explained so well.

As always, just my thought...

I love how the words he writes, and tears up, drift over the city and make people celebrate.

It's a bit like what happens in real life, with Mika's music drifting over the airwaves and coming out of peoples' cars as they drive along.

On the one hand it's sad that Mika is alone at the end of the vid, but on the other hand, it makes the video, both happy, and tragic at the same time.

And of course, he's playing a character. It's not his real life.

:thumb_yello:

A tiny mention of the video in the UK press (3am, Daily Mirror)

Pharrell, let's Mika hot hit

Discovering Mika is gay was a bit like being told Rik Waller likes cake.

However, the newly and officially outed star is back, promoting single Celebrate, featuring Pharrell Williams.

And Mika, 28, is looking pretty hot with it ....

A tiny mention of the video in the UK press (3am, Daily Mirror)

Pharrell, let's Mika hot hit

Discovering Mika is gay was a bit like being told Rik Waller likes cake.

However, the newly and officially outed star is back, promoting single Celebrate, featuring Pharrell Williams.

And Mika, 28, is looking pretty hot with it ....

Who's Rik Waller?

First: Loved loved that ^^

Second: Does anyone else think of Coldplay's ''

'' and ''
'' videos when watching Celebrate???

Not these songs but I thought of Madonna`s "Holliday".

Celebrate is a typical "summer hit" of this year, at least it is becoming popular in Russia as a summer single.

wow! i can't beilive! i'm checking some persian websites and read they're reaction about Celebrate music video and ppl's comments and i see they loved it :shocked: and they're not making fun of him like before! :aah: and also they keep admiring his voice! f*ck yeah this is what i wanted!! :yay:

yes, in this video he actually looks cool, simply because he looks natural.

Concerning his voice, I don't know what they'll think when they hear him in the other songs then :blush-anim-cl: Lovely news.

I saw the video for the first time on TV this afternoon :boing:

Got so excited I even took some pics (pretty useless I admit :blush-anim-cl:)

attachment.php?attachmentid=8909&stc=1&d=1345044653

attachment.php?attachmentid=8910&stc=1&d=1345044663

EDIT : Well, I posted some pics but I can't see them anymore now!? Nevermind, you all know the vid anyway :teehee:

Edited by camille*

Not these songs but I thought of Madonna`s "Holliday".

Celebrate is a typical "summer hit" of this year, at least it is becoming popular in Russia as a summer single.

woah! good news!! :boing: it means it's going to be popular in Azerbaijan too! :blush-anim-cl:

yes, in this video he actually looks cool, simply because he looks natural.

Concerning his voice, I don't know what they'll think when they hear him in the other songs then :blush-anim-cl: Lovely news.

exactly! :thumb_yello: he looks like other artists and non-mikaish (which i don't like :sneaky2:) but currently we're looking for more fans and interested ppl in his music so i wish this kind of things happen more!:teehee:

and @camille* , i'm so jealousy right now :aah:

And that bandana he was supposed to wear over his mouth, too bad that wasn't in there too... I just feel like this video is too boring to be a Mika music video, but that's just my opinion, maybe I'll enjoy the next one...

Maybe we will get a director's cut like with WAG. This video seems like it was packaged for the American market to me and maybe there will be another version.

Day dreaming that this will happen :wub2:

It's not that I hate it, I just feel uncomfortable with how he's trying to seem all "normal" like most mainstream male artists. When in reality he's far from "normal". :naughty:

exactly! :thumb_yello: he looks like other artists and non-mikaish (which i don't like :sneaky2:) but currently we're looking for more fans and interested ppl in his music so i wish this kind of things happen more!:teehee:

Whenever you meet him he looks and acts 'normal' and I don't think his stage appearance should be much different or that he should look different in videos.

Actually, today most popstars try hard to look outrageous / different / shocking / gorgeous in videos so in my personal view, looking 'normal' means looking different now. :dunno:

Whenever you meet him he looks and acts 'normal' and I don't think his stage appearance should be much different or that he should look different in videos.

Actually, today most popstars try hard to look outrageous / different / shocking / gorgeous in videos so in my personal view, looking 'normal' means looking different now. :dunno:

Entirely agree.

Not a lot of male popstars dare to be outrageous nowadays though, it's mostly female stars like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj who try too hard to get attention. Btw, I like those girls, but sometimes it's just a bit too much for me to stand lol

exactly! my first thought on the video was : WHAT? no colorful clothes in a Mika vid? he always used to do that and now, when otther artists are trying to look groovy and ful of glitter, he's going to be normal (in apearance) and the i realize i think that's what makes this music video unique :wink2: