2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Yes it's too bad we can't click a "like" button because sometimes you're more likely to get a written response when someone disagrees with you than if they agree with you. Sometimes I can't even read everyone's responses when so much is going on, especially if I am at work. But I do try and I do notice people and their opinions. :thumb_yello:

Exactly!!! :thumb_yello:

I so miss the LIKE button :aah:

There is a bit of chat missing between when he said the bit about the church and when this video starts :wink2: one of the most interesting parts in my opinion besides the final 'dedication'. He said “This song talks about the church and love, and being proud and happy about who you fall in love with, even if that person is a man"

It was incredibly touching because, as he said this about TOOL, you could see that he was staring at the back of the room towards the balcony, where I assume his boyfriend was. I loved it.

Anyway, for my little review. Of course this is only my own views, as usual, yadda yadda :naughty: (Disclaimer)

I got there just after 8 I think, and despite there being quite a few people in the room we found a great spot just on the side and very close to the stage. I'd say that we were maybe 4-5 rows of people in, but as we were on the side, the view was perfect and it was great.

Of course, there had been a fair bit of queuing going on from what I heard and gathered, so people were piled up at the front of the stage but I am very glad that I didn't do it. It felt pointless. When we got there, we had time to go to the toilet, get a drink, and get a good spot just as 8:30 came and the gig literally started then.

Anyway, the gig really felt fantastic. For some reason, it totally took me back to the old school Mika, and I was not the only one to say that. He somehow felt really genuine and enthusiastic, and I enjoyed the gig a thousand times more than I did the Lovebox set, even though they were similar enough 'in theory'

He was just on fire, really into it, really happy, and loving it. I did think that the sound was a bit too low, his voice mike, and that sometimes you couldn't hear him as well as you should, but overall I really loved it.

I actually enjoyed and got excited by songs that I haven't really enjoyed in yonks, and things like Lollipop that I have gotten to hate :naughty:. The only thing that I didn't like was the balloons, as it distracted everyone and it was really hard to see him or just enjoy the music properly.

It was also lovely to see his family there, as usual, and just all the usual suspects.

Afterwards we went to get some food and wandered over to the back door, where there was a nice line of people. Of course the line all went to hell when he came out, and he got totally mobbed...people were just going next to him and surrounding him very close, and that included some people who I know for a fact have hundreds of signatures and photos of/with him :dunno:

I don't get it, what do they get out of it? He didn't even look at many of the people who were just shoving stuff in his face to sign, and it makes no sense to totally mob him like that because everyone loses out on a proper meeting and nobody gets good quality time. I honestly give up. It's as if , if there is nobody like John or someone else making clear rules and being ruthless, all these 'adults' cannot behave themselves in a normal way.

So basically, I would have loved to say a couple of things to him, as the gig really touched me, but I didn't want to be another mobber and so stood back and just watched. He left quite fast.

I'm sure I'm forgetting many things that I wanted to say now, but I'm tired and in a rush.

well, I'm ready for an invitation to the wedding actually :lmfao:

Oh you'd be first on the guest list:thumb_yello:

Thank you people who posted the videos. The funny thing was, I was literally holding my breath right through the introduction, seeing him pacing around, looking so nervous, then looking so happy and proud after he'd dedicated the song to "the man I love". I finally breathed!

And the whole song took on a completely different meaning for me once he'd said that, and as someone else posted before, it was like LOVE was coming out of his every pore :fangurl:

I'm just really glad he's so happy and in lerv:wub2:

Sorry that's just how the absurd arguments have started over the past 5.5 years of MFC, I didn't mean that you were making an absurd argument. We have had threads that go on for dozens and dozens of pages with people getting upset about him having a girlfriend and others saying he's gay, and around and around :wink2:

I was only pointing out your post of yesterday because clearly not everyone knows he has a boyfriend so I think it's very significant that he has made an open statement. :)

I think the statement was clear, and I´m happy he was confident enough as to make it in London (which IMO is better than doing it in an interview for a magazine in Denmark). But don´t think it´s all clear now!! Pretty sure there´s still people hanging on the "he still can be bisexual" thought.

Hear, hear!

But did he actually say he was gay and not bisexual (as he hinted before) or just that he was in love with a man?

You see?? :mf_rosetinted:

I just feel so emotional :blush-anim-cl:

No more stupid questions by interviewers, a new life in the open and a brilliant future to look at with his partner.

I hope he can save some privacy though :wink2:, we fans can be so intruding :sneaky2:

Be happy MIka! :wub2:

I think he will be happier from now on, but I don't think the stupid questions on interviews will end, at least for a while. I'm sure now no one asks anything about the sexual orientation of Elton John, but this is a recent thing, so I guess he'll have more stupidity to deal with.

I think the statement was clear, and I´m happy he was confident enough as to make it in London (which IMO is better than doing it in an interview for a magazine in Denmark). But don´t think it´s all clear now!! Pretty sure there´s still people hanging on the "he still can be bisexual" thought.

You see?? :mf_rosetinted:

And actually he can! :blink:

I'm not saying this because I'm in denial... I don't have to be, because I never cared about his sexual orientation. Never interfered with the admiration that I have for him as an artist or person, but he actually can be bi. I guess there's more options than being gay or hetero. But in the end, that's all labels. If he's happy doesn't matter what it is.

I think he will be happier from now on, but I don't think the stupid questions on interviews will end, at least for a while. I'm sure now no one asks anything about the sexual orientation of Elton John, but this is a recent thing, so I guess he'll have more stupidity to deal with.

And actually he can! :blink:

I'm not saying this because I'm in denial... I don't have to be, because I never cared about his sexual orientation. Never interfered with the admiration that I have for him as an artist or person, but he actually can be bi. I guess there's more options than being gay or hetero. But in the end, that's all labels. If he's happy doesn't matter what it is.

Oh, yes, obviously.. same way I can in ten years fall in love with a woman!!But if he already stated he was with a man for 5 years, and now, he states he is with a man... oh well, let´s say it´s pretty much a big step from someone who NEVER EVER BEFORE used the word "man" to refer to his lovers. He was clearly nervous when he stated it and the way he said "EVEN if he´s a man" makes clear he wanted to point it out. He can be whatever he wants (as long as he is not with kids, it´s ok with me) but moslty of the people defending "he still can be bisexual" are in denial... I know you, I perfectly know you are not expecting to marry him (or some guy I know would be really dissapointed :mf_rosetinted:) but many girls... well... :teehee:

Oh, yes, obviously.. same way I can in ten years fall in love with a woman!!But if he already stated he was with a man for 5 years, and now, he states he is with a man... oh well, let´s say it´s pretty much a big step from someone who NEVER EVER BEFORE used the word "man" to refer to his lovers. He was clearly nervous when he stated it and the way he said "EVEN if he´s a man" makes clear he wanted to point it out. He can be whatever he wants (as long as he is not with kids, it´s ok with me) but moslty of the people defending "he still can be bisexual" are in denial... I know you, I perfectly know you are not expecting to marry him (or some guy I know would be really dissapointed :mf_rosetinted:) but many girls... well... :teehee:

And with animals... :blink::teehee:

I guess I'm too lost from MFC from the last months... I didn't know he was with a man for 5 years... Or he said that on this show?

Sérgio still feels jealous when I talk too much about Mika, even if he thinks Mika is gay, what actually confuses me! :naughty:

But I guess it has to be the opposite since I actually saw Mika looking to Sérgio in a few shows... :sneaky2: (I still joke with him about that! :naughty:)

Maybe I was tetchy because it was so hot. Maybe it was because my legs were aching after standing for four hours so I was too tired to dance. Maybe it was the hour of tedious "music" that we had to put up with while waiting.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but for a large part of this gig I was bored. I had deliberately avoided watching vids from other gigs, so that I didn't prejudge the new Mika with his new band and new image ....... and it was the same as the old Mika. With the addition of that awful hat.

In all the old songs - despite some tiny musical tweaks - it was the same gestures, the same "audience participation" bits, the same superfluous "shooting of the band". I am starting to find this all so tedious.

The new songs were a bit better; Lola was good live, loved MYH, though I still don't like Celebrate. I couldn't really tell about Origin of Love, because as Nectar has previously mentioned, he was drowned by the bass distortion.

And Underwatter is lovely, though I don't know why he has become unable to pronounce "water".

And I enjoyed Rain and Happy Ending.

But overall, what I really want to see is Mika the singer-songwriter. What I feel we are getting is Mika the entertainer. I don't want to see him dancing (badly) on top of the piano, I want him to sit down and play it.

Maybe I am getting too old for Mika gigs :dunno:

I agree with the bolded parts.

@silver: you're not too old. You get that feeling from your tiredness :huglove:.

Firstly - no words... -> :jawdrop: -> :tears: -> :wait: -> ok. I'm happy you tell the truth...

This was so touchy! Especially the "thank God that you found me" part. :tears:

I'm :tears: as well....I don't think I ever saw so much love breathing out from every cell of a human being :blush-anim-cl: I'm happy for him :wub2:

+1...

And with animals... :blink::teehee:

I guess I'm too lost from MFC from the last months... I didn't know he was with a man for 5 years... Or he said that on this show?

Sérgio still feels jealous when I talk too much about Mika, even if he thinks Mika is gay, what actually confuses me! :naughty:

But I guess it has to be the opposite since I actually saw Mika looking to Sérgio in a few shows... :sneaky2: (I still joke with him about that! :naughty:)

Really??? :shocked: Never happened with my husband!!!!!

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

All them are the same, mock him cause he is gay, but then go all jealous... pffft... men... :shun: (or should I say straight men??) :aah:

He said he had a five years relation with a man in a danish interview. Like a month ago more or less...

I am really confused about this "water" thing in Underwater. Another Brit said that to me too. It sounds normal to me, especially for his accent :dunno:

If he sang with an American accent it would be "wah-der". Anyone whose British accent is extremely obvious is not singing properly IMO so I guess I just don't hear this "mispronunciation".

I have a much bigger problem with "origin" being pronounced "awr-gin". :naughty:

I am really confused about this "water" thing in Underwater. Another Brit said that to me too. It sounds normal to me, especially for his accent :dunno:

If he sang with an American accent it would be "wah-der". Anyone whose British accent is extremely obvious is not singing properly IMO so I guess I just don't hear this "mispronunciation".

I have a much bigger problem with "origin" being pronounced "awr-gin". :naughty:

The 't' is pronounced the way Brits do. What's weird is the way the 'a' is said. Do other MFCers agree with me?

The 't' is pronounced the way Brits do. What's weird is the way the 'a' is said. Do other MFCers agree with me?

I'm sure people agree because so many Brits are saying they hate the song/commenting on the pronunciation but I just don't hear it. :aah:

I'm sure people agree because so many Brits are saying they hate the song/commenting on the pronunciation but I just don't hear it. :aah:

:shocked: really?! I heard this funny pronunciation of 'water' in Normandy last week and am surprised it is the "official" version :teehee:I was taught British English (rp) and work with/for native English speaking people so I can hear their different accents. I love accents!

Can you you write down phonetically what the problem is with both? (I mean water and origin?) Let's not forget he learned classical singing so he may pronounce things differently so that he can sing them better.

He does mark word ends with sharp consonants in certain slow songs and I love that. That's how he must have been taught to sing.

Edited by suzie

Really??? :shocked: Never happened with my husband!!!!!

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

All them are the same, mock him cause he is gay, but then go all jealous... pffft... men... :shun: (or should I say straight men??) :aah:

He said he had a five years relation with a man in a danish interview. Like a month ago more or less...

One month ago I was starting my vacations... I was completely away of Mika's world! :teehee:

:shocked: really?! I heard this funny pronunciation of 'water' in Normandy last week and am surprised it is the "official" version :teehee:I was taught British English (rp) and work with/for native English speaking people so I can hear their different accents. I love accents!

What I am hearing is "wah-ter". I honestly don't remember what the British RP sounds like so I don't know what people are expecting to hear instead. Most of the time I spent in England was with South Africans and Americans :naughty:

But this seems typical of Mika's accent to me. In fact I'm sure many years ago when he first came on the scene he actually used the full-on American pronunciation of "wah-der" once when his American accent was more pronounced. I remember discussing it on MFC a long long time ago.

Can you you write down phonetically what the problem is with both? (I mean water and origin?) Let's not forget he learned classical singing so he may pronounce things differently so that he can sing them better.

He does mark word ends with sharp consonants in certain slow songs and I love that. That's how he must have been taught to sing.

I don't know how to express pronunciations properly :aah: I don't see a problem with water and to me it sounds like "wah-ter". I am hearing "awr-gin" for "origin" and I would pronounce it "oh-rih-gin". The first vowel would be the same as "Olympics".

I also think Mika has learned to sing with a certain style of phrasing and that's why we get all these unusual extra syllables and consonants that don't belong in the word at all. It's frustrating when you are trying to decipher lyrics but otherwise it doesn't bother me.

Sorry, I fell alseep after I got home lol, was so exhausted, anyway here's that video of The Origin of Love where Mika talks before, don't think I filmed the entire song, though.

[YOUTUBE]rjsuznSFJFs[/YOUTUBE]

My vids will all be uploaded to this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE8B439FB8CE8E931&feature=view_all

And my photos are being uploaded here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laramay/sets/72157630772875834/

Sorry, I fell alseep after I got home lol, was so exhausted, anyway here's that video of The Origin of Love where Mika talks before, don't think I filmed the entire song, though.

[YOUTUBE]rjsuznSFJFs[/YOUTUBE]

My vids will all be uploaded to this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE8B439FB8CE8E931&feature=view_all

And my photos are being uploaded here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laramay/sets/72157630772875834/

LOOOOOOOOOL Was it Luke who threw the Tshirt??? :aah: