2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/mika-locked-himself-in-bathroom-ahead-of-show_1375503

Mika - Mika Locked Himself In Bathroom Ahead Of Show

27 July 2012 10

Mika was so nervous of performing he hid in his bathroom ahead of his UK comeback show last night (26.07.12).

Mika was so nervous he hid in his bathroom ahead of his UK comeback show last night (26.07.12).

The 'Grace Kelly' hitmaker played his first solo show for over two years at London's sold out Heaven venue, but freaked out shortly before the band were due onstage.

He told the crowd: ''Were a little late on tonight, because I was supposed to do a radio interview, but I got so nervous I locked myself in my own bathroom. I was going to make an inappropriate joke here, but I won't - essentially, in the end I just peed and got on with it.''

The singer opened his set with 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' before launching into a string of hits from his two albums including 'Lollipop', 'Love Today' and recent new single 'Celebrate'.

Introducing 'Blame it on the Girls' he told the crowd: ''Coming from a large lebanese family, with lots of brothers and sisters, this ones dedicated to the 14 women in my family.''

Mika's family were hit by tragedy last year when his sister, Paloma Penniman, was impaled through her legs and abdomen after falling 15 metres from a ledge. She has since made good progress in her recovery, and her brother even made a jokey reference to her accident during his performance, saying: ''Now everybody who can - and this excludes my sister Paloma - start stomping their legs.''

The singer - who last appeared in England at Lovebox festival earlier in the summer - ended the main part of the show with 'We Are Golden' - which saw the audience showered in ticker tape - and 'Grace Kelly', before returning for an encore of new song 'The Origin of Love'.

Mika explained the very personal song was written after suffering a period of writer's block.

He said: ''This song talks about my life, the church and falling in love and being happy with whoever you fall in love with, so in a way this is my freedom statement, so I thank you.''

Mika's third album 'The Origin of Love' will be released on September 16.

thanks Dani56 :wink2:

That's weird, they left out the part where he said "Even if it's with a man" and "To the man I love"? Anyway, the video is almost fully uploaded to my channel now unless my frighteningly slow computer crashes on me. :mikasweat: I'll post it in this thread as soon as it has finished uploading.

That's weird, they left out the part where he said "Even if it's with a man" and "To the man I love"?

I just can't believe it! :aah: So many journalists harassed Mika about his sexuality for about 5 years and now when he finally said he's with a man, they don't even mentioned it :doh:

I was there and I don't heard "to the man I love", I heard something like "to the one I love :teehee: With screaming girl it was really difficulte to hear anything :naughty: And if it was "to the man I love" it is not necessary to say that it is a coming out..... AGAIN AND AGAIN. First time it's a coming out but the second, the third,... it can't be a coming out at all:naughty:

The only thing important was Mika performance he was great, lots of energy and happy :wub2:

I am so excited today. I'm, no longer, the least bit interested in that other thing that's happening in London today.

I'm so happy for Mika and his man, and so glad Origin is the single! It sounds awesome on the radio version!

So is TOOL the first single, for the UK? :shocked: I hope it is...:mikalove:

It doesn`t matter what`s more important - a much-talked about "coming out" or his performance that night....

From the very first listening I felt TOOL is a special song.

There`s something about it. Now I know I was right. The song is dedicated to the person he loves. That`s enough for me.

I want Mika to be happy, to be proud of his choice. I`m glad he`s brave to express his feeling by this song.

It moves me to tears. :mikalove:

I was there and I don't heard "to the man I love", I heard something like "to the one I love :teehee: With screaming girl it was really difficulte to hear anything :naughty: And if it was "to the man I love" it is not necessary to say that it is a coming out..... AGAIN AND AGAIN. First time it's a coming out but the second, the third,... it can't be a coming out at all:naughty:

The only thing important was Mika performance he was great, lots of energy and happy :wub2:

:wink2: Oh, he said 'man' alright, and he said it twice (when he was explaining about how TOOL came to be, and how he felt proud and happy about who he had fallen in love with, even if it was a man, and then when he said who the song was dedicated to)

I know that the performance is the most important thing, but come on, this was HUGE and he knew well what he was doing by saying it, so I think that we should stop pretending that he didn't, or that it was something that doesn't matter and needs to be shoved back in the closet :naughty:

I just can't believe it! :aah: So many journalists harassed Mika about his sexuality for about 5 years and now when he finally said he's with a man, they don't even mentioned it :doh:

:lmfao: hahhha i thought the same too! i think we all heard it wrong, maybe he ment to the one (=his dog :mf_rosetinted:) i love :aah: who knows?

this song has a certain vibe....I was pretty sure it was dedicated to his love :wink2::wink2:

the most important thing is that Mika's happy and he brings so much of his happiness on stage and on the record, just for us.!!! :blush-anim-cl:

t4p! i love this sentence:

"Tonight, he’s writhing around stage, soaking up the adoration from the fans who’ve followed his career over the years, and who actually know, unlike some of the rest of us, that he’s about to release his third album."

:teehee:

:wink2: Oh, he said 'man' alright, and he said it twice (when he was explaining about how TOOL came to be, and how he felt proud and happy about who he had fallen in love with, even if it was a man, and then when he said who the song was dedicated to)

I know that the performance is the most important thing, but come on, this was HUGE and he knew well what he was doing by saying it, so I think that we should stop pretending that he didn't, or that it was something that doesn't matter and needs to be shoved back in the closet :naughty:

Sara we know Mika and what he's doing in his bedroom and with who it is not our business :doh:

I have the feeling that some MFcers going to Heaven yesterday just to hear Mika saying that he is in love with a man and it's something we know :doh:

t4p! i love this sentence:

"Tonight, he’s writhing around stage, soaking up the adoration from the fans who’ve followed his career over the years, and who actually know, unlike some of the rest of us, that he’s about to release his third album."

:teehee:

hear hear!

maybe he needs some advertising more in the UK? :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:

I have the feeling that some MFcers going to Heaven yesterday just to hear Mika saying that he is in love with a man and it's something we know :doh:

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

• Like 1

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

:tears::clap:

Smilies are such an easier way to express feelings :teehee:

No offence but it was loud and you're a non native English speaker.

Anyway Mika is gay. :yay:

Now let's get back to the music.

yes, it was me! and just yesterday I thought it was a girl! it was simply the feeling that I had after watching the "hangout". it wasn't an absurd argument.

I love him anyway and think he deserves all the love in the world!

True true true true! :thumb_yello:

'He’s in black-and-white too:

tight, tight black trousers,

a black bowler hat and gleaming white shirt,

which he rips off late in the set

to reveal abs to rival some Olympic athletes,

much to the joy of the crowd.'

'He’s in black-and-white too:

tight, tight black trousers,

a black bowler hat and gleaming white shirt,

which he rips off late in the set

to reveal abs to rival some Olympic athletes,

much to the joy of the crowd.'

:blink::aah::lmfao:

that's too funny! I must really check what the UK's Olympic athletes look like this year. :teehee:

comparing Mika to an Olympic athlete? :naughty: