2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

yes, it was me! and just yesterday I thought it was a girl! it was simply the feeling that I had after watching the "hangout". it wasn't an absurd argument.

I love him anyway and think he deserves all the love in the world!

Sorry that's just how the absurd arguments have started over the past 5.5 years of MFC, I didn't mean that you were making an absurd argument. We have had threads that go on for dozens and dozens of pages with people getting upset about him having a girlfriend and others saying he's gay, and around and around :wink2:

I was only pointing out your post of yesterday because clearly not everyone knows he has a boyfriend so I think it's very significant that he has made an open statement. :)

well, I'm ready for an invitation to the wedding actually :lmfao:

Can I be your date?? :teehee:

Hear, hear!

But did he actually say he was gay and not bisexual (as he hinted before) or just that he was in love with a man?

He was just talking about his current relationship I believe.

Really knackered but quickly, It was fantastic. Really great. And he could have not been any more explicit. Went on about how this song was about himself,his story,the church,being proud of who he is even if he is in love with...a man. He even made a little pause for effect there. Then he said that this song is his statement. And dedicated to the man he loves.

So yeah,pretty darn clear. It must be on video. Anyway,it reminded me of the old Mika and I really enjoyed it. Small place,relaxed vibe and no gimmicks. Will post more tomorrow.

Thank you for summing it up, Sara. Your report is to the point yet depicts the athmoshere as well - the best gig review I have read for a while.:thumb_yello:

Sara we know Mika and what he's doing in his bedroom and with who it is not our business :doh:

I have the feeling that some MFcers going to Heaven yesterday just to hear Mika saying that he is in love with a man and it's something we know :doh:

Well, I was going to write up a long winded post, but as usual Christine said it perfectly and much better than I would have, and I concur 100% with her so here is my response in the form of a quote:

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

*clap clap clap*

Of course I don't care what he does in private, in the same way that I don't care (or want details) about what my family or friends do with their lovers in private. That is everyone's own business. But as Christine said, I do care about the fact that he obviously felt like it was a difficult step to take, and I could see the happiness that he radiated when he was saying that and just by being there, and making a statement in being there.

So yes, of course his personal life is none of my business, but I like the fact that he's happy, that he has openly said with who, and that he can now get on with the music and we can just treat it as a non issue, and his partner can be referred to as "Mika's boyfriend" in the same way that we can (and you must admit that everyone does) refer to "Mika's mum" or "Mika's dad" or "Mika's sister".

If you want to say that us fans don't care or should not care about his partner, then why is everyone always speaking of/to his family?! How is that any different?

Anyway I must now get on with a little report which I was planning on writing and I am wasting time discussing this :doh:

yes, but mind what you wear :mf_rosetinted:

I have a lovely curtain dress. It looks fabulous on camera! :mikacool:

please ladies... no bowler hat....

nobody should wear what the groom will be wearing :mf_rosetinted:

*no chitchat in this tread guylaine* :naughty:

I was only pointing out your post of yesterday because clearly not everyone knows he has a boyfriend so I think it's very significant that he has made an open statement. :)

You would think that this would be an end to it wouldn't you. However I think that there are still a lot of fans, mainly younger ones but not exclusively so, who are completely in denial about Mika's sexuality and who would still try and argue that he may be in love with a woman even if he wore nothing but a tshirt with the words I AM GAY AND HAVE A BOYFRIEND on it every day for the next three years.:blink:

I understand to a point that it may spoil a fantasy for some fans, but after this unequivocal statement from the man himself it really IS time for the speculation threads to end once and for all.

I have a lovely curtain dress. It looks fabulous on camera! :mikacool:

I will find a coat to match with it then :uhno:

Can I also wear my selected choice of sofa inspired jacket to join you? I'd love an excuse to wear it. We can even queue up for a few hours beforehand so we are suitably manky to feel like we are reliving the gig days again :naughty:

Anyway I must stop getting distracted by nonsense :naughty:

Plus, isn't this the sort of chitchat that you mods tell people off for, in gig report threads? :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

agree. and the bolded part made me giggle. :teehee:

just saw that lara may's video is up! aww, he's clearly so nervous, it's sooo cuuutee!! :fangurl::swoon:

Can I also wear my selected choice of sofa inspired jacket to join you? I'd love an excuse to wear it. We can even queue up for a few hours beforehand so we are suitably manky to feel like we are reliving the gig days again :naughty:

Anyway I must stop getting distracted by nonsense :naughty:

Plus, isn't this the sort of chitchat that you mods tell people off for, in gig report threads? :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

touché! :blush-anim-cl:

Here's my report :teehee:

Last night was the best night of my life! After waiting for 2hours inside the venue as well as hours lining up, MIKA finally came on stage, and well...MIKA was BRILLIANT, sooo amazing live :wub2: He kept looking over at me and Lizzie (iliveforglitter) because we were waving glow sticks and wearing bowler hats :mf_rosetinted: When he was singing Love Today he pointed at me and said 'Love love YOU' I was :shocked: it was SOOOOOO AMAZING! He's 1000000000times more handsome in real life, which I didn't think was possible, but wow! He was so perfect!!!! :mikalove: And all the giant balloons and confetti was so fun and his dancing :mikadas: sooo funny! After the best gig EVEEEER we went to find him and I MET MIKA, he signed a photo for me and I gave him my letter I wrote for him!! I think my favourite songs were We Are Golden, Celebrate, Lola and The Origin Of Love...and Love Today :aah: It was sooo nice meeting MIKA fans :biggrin2: I'm sad it's all over now :tears: amazing night! :wub2: A dream come true!! :swoon:

Sorry for all the smilies but they show my emotions perfectly! I got a set list too, I'll post pictures when I get onto a laptop :thumb_yello:

Edited by !xkirstyx!

Here's my report :teehee:

Last night was the best night of my life! After waiting for 2hours inside the venue as well as hours lining up, MIKA finally came on stage, and well...MIKA was BRILLIANT, sooo amazing live :wub2: He kept looking over at me and Lizzie (iliveforglitter) because we were waving glow sticks and wearing bowler hats :mf_rosetinted: When he was singing Love Today he pointed at me and said 'Love love YOU' I was :shocked: it was SOOOOOO AMAZING! He's 1000000000times more handsome in real life, which I didn't think was possible, but wow! He was so perfect!!!! :mikalove: And all the giant balloons and confetti was so fun and his dancing :mikadas: sooo funny! After the best gig EVEEEER we went to find him and I MET MIKA, he signed a photo for me and I gave him my letter I wrote for him!! I think my favourite songs were We Are Golden, Celebrate, Lola and The Origin Of Love...and Love Today :aah: It was sooo nice meeting MIKA fans :biggrin2: I'm sad it's all over now :tears: amazing night! :wub2: A dream come true!! :swoon:

Sorry for all the smilies but they show my emotions perfectly! I got a set list too, I'll post pictures when I get onto a laptop :thumb_yello

Glad you had fun - I liked your hats :thumb_yello:

So is TOOL the first single, for the UK? :shocked: I hope it is...:mikalove:

I hoped it was as well. But after hearing the interview it seems it was just a track he wanted played. So I think it's still Celebrate. But I got all excited for a while, thinking it was going to be Origin.

Sounds like a very special gig in a special place that meant a lot to Mika :fangurl:

It make me really happy to hear that he dedicated the song to the man he loves. I hope the man might have been there at the gig to hear such an amazing and loving statement

:mikalove:

...but at least MFC will post the video of TOOL and he will get to see the moment on video...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :wub2:

See, girls? I told that coming out via the plane interview to some Dutch tabloid - is boring. And if he wanted to say something like that he would do it in more beautiful way. In a way like this, just to his fans in a cozy environment, without doubtful interviewers.

:thumb_yello:

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:.

I missed that! I only remember someone saying Mika may have been dedicating the song to his father:blink: :lmfao:

yes,:rolls_eyes: either that or Our Father as in "Father, Son and the Holy Ghost " :mf_popeanim:

... just quoted you as it is worth repeating.. :teehee:

To me the most annoying part is that we are actually not talking about someone like Ricky Martin who was hiding his sexual orientation until recently. In Mika's case it has been clear since day one as he actually did talk about it in his songs, you could see it in his performances, his influences, the topics he was talking about ...etc. To me, even those who didn't get it at that stage despite 'stalking' him night and day were living in another world, but this resistance to accept what he has said does sound ridiculous. I am not surprised though. The first stage in any change is REFUSAL. Once you get over it, you will carry on - with or without Mika. So yes, you've been following a gay popstar. Have you been fooled? Most certainly not. Were you a fool? :dunno: Hope everyone gets over it soon.

Edited by suzie

This was so touchy! Especially the "thank God that you found me" part. :tears:

I tought exactly the same!! Now the WE KNOW, it has a deeper meaning to me, and I feel very emotional when I listen to that part.