2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Sorry that's just how the absurd arguments have started over the past 5.5 years of MFC, I didn't mean that you were making an absurd argument. We have had threads that go on for dozens and dozens of pages with people getting upset about him having a girlfriend and others saying he's gay, and around and around :wink2:

I was only pointing out your post of yesterday because clearly not everyone knows he has a boyfriend so I think it's very significant that he has made an open statement. :)

:rainbow:

This was so touchy! Especially the "thank God that you found me" part. :tears:

I'm :tears: as well....I don't think I ever saw so much love breathing out from every cell of a human being :blush-anim-cl: I'm happy for him :wub2:

please ladies... no bowler hat....

nobody should wear what the groom will be wearing :mf_rosetinted:

*no chitchat in this tread guylaine* :naughty:

*cries* I SO love his bowler hat :aah:

The bowler hat is good :wub2:

I'm :tears: as well....I don't think I ever saw so much love breathing out from every cell of a human being :blush-anim-cl: I'm happy for him :wub2:

:group_hug::fangurl:

thank you Chris!!

great video, amazing song, awesome performance :wub2:

I'm really happy for him!

You're welcome,but I found the vid on twitter,it's not mine :wink2: Anyway,thanks for uploading to kristianlw,great vid indeed! :wub2:

See, girls? I told that coming out via the plane interview to some Dutch tabloid - is boring. And if he wanted to say something like that he would do it in more beautiful way. In a way like this, just to his fans in a cozy environment, without doubtful interviewers.

:thumb_yello:

What do you mean, coming out? Mika's always been out - some people have just chosen to ignore it.

So yes, you've been following a gay popstar. Have you been fooled? Most certainly not. Were you a fool? :dunno: Hope everyone gets over it soon.

Precisely. IMHO Mika has never tried to fool the fans. If you speak to the average person in the street in the UK, everyone thinks he's gay anyway. As I said earlier, he's always been out.

Music maestro please.......

Exactly...:wub2:

And when you think he said he's not a romantic person....look at his facial expression,his moves,his voice,he's like a child who discovered the best icecream on earth ! :naughty:

Thanks for the reports posted so far :thumb_yello:... we're still waiting for yours, Sara :naughty:.

I stayed tuned on BBC2 and listened to the studio version of "The origin of Love" and Mika's interview. That was really nice to hear him again, especially on a Uk radio. The review made me laugh too: Mika compared to an Olympic athlete was:aah: and it was sweet to read how Mika's fans are regarded as devoted and true to him and his music:thumb_yello:.

To conclude, I'll add that I wish Mika and the man he loves happiness! May all the paparazzi leave them alone :mf_rosetinted:

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

BRAVA! :clap:

you could not say it any better than that! :thumb_yello:

Maybe I was tetchy because it was so hot. Maybe it was because my legs were aching after standing for four hours so I was too tired to dance. Maybe it was the hour of tedious "music" that we had to put up with while waiting.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but for a large part of this gig I was bored. I had deliberately avoided watching vids from other gigs, so that I didn't prejudge the new Mika with his new band and new image ....... and it was the same as the old Mika. With the addition of that awful hat.

In all the old songs - despite some tiny musical tweaks - it was the same gestures, the same "audience participation" bits, the same superfluous "shooting of the band". I am starting to find this all so tedious.

The new songs were a bit better; Lola was good live, loved MYH, though I still don't like Celebrate. I couldn't really tell about Origin of Love, because as Nectar has previously mentioned, he was drowned by the bass distortion.

And Underwatter is lovely, though I don't know why he has become unable to pronounce "water".

And I enjoyed Rain and Happy Ending.

But overall, what I really want to see is Mika the singer-songwriter. What I feel we are getting is Mika the entertainer. I don't want to see him dancing (badly) on top of the piano, I want him to sit down and play it.

Maybe I am getting too old for Mika gigs :dunno:

Precisely. IMHO Mika has never tried to fool the fans. If you speak to the average person in the street in the UK, everyone thinks he's gay anyway. As I said earlier, he's always been out.

Music maestro please.......

IMHO, what he's always been is evasive- it just didn't work. And if he is gay, that "if you like, you can refer to me as bisexual" was a valid reason for his gay fans to be very pissed off indeed (which some of them were).

But overall, what I really want to see is Mika the singer-songwriter. What I feel we are getting is Mika the entertainer. I don't want to see him dancing (badly) on top of the piano, I want him to sit down and play it.

It was a gay club, not an auditorium. I'm not sure what else you could reasonably expect in a situation like that.

I am also tired of the shooting and the awful hat :aah: but maybe the (rumoured) acoustic gigs will be more to your taste.

I don't know if I'll ever tire of an intimate club gig but I am over the packed standing concert halls like Brixton Academy and would prefer a setup like Sadler's Wells. I am definitely getting too old to enjoy some of these gigs like I used to. :naughty:

People DON'T know it. Someone posted on MFC just yesterday to say that they think he is in love with a woman. :blink:

After years of refusing to discuss it at all, making vague statements about who he could fall in love with hypothetically via twice translated interviews, Mika has finally stood up face-to-face with his audience and made an unequivocal statement that the person he loves is a man. Not could be, not might be, not used to be, IS. I don't understand how anyone can not acknowledge what a huge step this is for Mika and for anyone who has come to care about him on a personal level. If it wasn't a massive step it would have happened naturally many years ago, just as Adele has been talking about her boyfriends since the start of her career.

It's been 5.5 years of having absurd arguments about this - everything from "I don't care" (as if there is any aspect of Mika's life that MFCers don't care about) to "I think he's in love with a woman". He's made his statement. In this song and in plain English. It's over now and I hope people will just come to terms with it and we can all discuss it like we can discuss any other fact of his life and not pretend it's a rumour or we don't or shouldn't care about his personal life. It's not about "what he's doing in his bedroom" it's about who he is, his freedom to be who he is and his happiness.

:thumb_yello: Nothing to add. I wrote the same opinion earlier but it was ignored:sneaky2: Thanks Christine you did it. So so true

:thumb_yello: Nothing to add. I wrote the same opinion earlier but it was ignored:sneaky2: Thanks Christine you did it. So so true

It´s not the ignoring, I used to thing like that being in the same situations before.

So many info these days, lots of interviews, vids, so sometimes there is no time to answer to everything liked, one just clicks on the one post to quote and answers to everyone at once.

....... and it was the same as the old Mika. With the addition of that awful hat.

In all the old songs - despite some tiny musical tweaks - it was the same gestures, the same "audience participation" bits, the same superfluous "shooting of the band". I am starting to find this all so tedious.

I've felt like this since before the end of the last tour, maybe even before that.

Maybe just a case of "been there, done that"?

I'm always conscious that what I may have seen 20 times the majority of the audience hasn't seen at all. Doesn't help though.

I am also tired of the shooting and the awful hat :aah: but maybe the (rumoured) acoustic gigs will be more to your taste.

I don't know if I'll ever tire of an intimate club gig but I am over the packed standing concert halls like Brixton Academy and would prefer a setup like Sadler's Wells. I am definitely getting too old to enjoy some of these gigs like I used to. :naughty:

I am SO over the BA type of gigs.

So many info these days, lots of interviews, vids, so sometimes there is no time to answer to everything liked, one just clicks on the one post to quote and answers to everyone at once.

Yes it's too bad we can't click a "like" button because sometimes you're more likely to get a written response when someone disagrees with you than if they agree with you. Sometimes I can't even read everyone's responses when so much is going on, especially if I am at work. But I do try and I do notice people and their opinions. :thumb_yello: