Mika in Arthur's Day celebrations, Ireland - 27.09.2012

LeiRe

http://www.hotpress.com/news/Arthurs-Day-Lineup-confirmed/9100836.html?new_layout=1

Arthur's Day Line-up confirmed

Sharleen Spiteri and Amy MacDonald were in attendance at the Storehouse.

Example, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Mika, Professor Green, Fatboy Slim, Texas and Amy MacDonald are the heavyweight names confirmed for September 27’s Arthur’s Day celebrations which, for the first time, will be coming to all corners of Ireland.

The line-up has just this minute been announced in the Guinness Storehouse with Texas singer Sharleen Spiteri and Ms. Macdonald on hand to quaff a couple of celebratory pints.

They’ll be joined by the cream of Irish talent and some other surprises!

There are no tickets on sale this year – just head to one of the 500 free Arthur’s Day events taking place in local pubs across all 32 Counties, and keep an eye on the door to see who walks through!

“Arthur’s Day has always been about people coming together for unique and remarkable music experiences in pubs and venues around the country,” reflects Guinness Marketing Manager Stuart Kinch. “This year, we wanted to do more and give everyone the chance to experience the magic of Arthur’s Day by making all events free and giving the public a chance to vote and help bring a headline artist to their local!

“Apart from the change from 38 ticketed music events last year to over 500 free Arthur’s Day music events this year in pubs in all 32 counties, we anticipate many more pubs will also be organising their own celebrations around the country so it promises to be the biggest Arthur’s Day yet with the Arthur Guinness Fund also directly benefiting from the celebration.”

The aforementioned voting process is taking place online at http://www.guinness.com up until September 16.

For more – lots more! – on Arthur’s Day see the coming issues of Hot Press and keep a close eye on hotpress.com.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this. I'm so excited I just want to get the next flight home to Dublin. :teehee:

Johnny Fox's is too far out, up in the mountains.

Beaumont House would be perfect for me and Luke. But I'd like it to be somewhere like Mulligans.

The thing about this is it could be a fairly big venue or a tiny little pub you don't know.

I can't believe this. I'm so excited I just want to get the next flight home to Dublin. :teehee:

Johnny Fox's is too far out, up in the mountains.

Beaumont House would be perfect for me and Luke. But I'd like it to be somewhere like Mulligans.

The thing about this is it could be a fairly big venue or a tiny little pub you don't know.

Ah, but you know he loves playing in out of the way places :naughty:

“This year, we wanted to do more and give everyone the chance to experience the magic of Arthur’s Day by making all events free and giving the public a chance to vote and help bring a headline artist to their local!

so irish people can vote for which artist they want in which pub? that sounds cool! :thumb_yello:

Haha!

Wasn't part of Arthur's day televised last year? Or was that something else?

I'm not sure. I know some venues are broadcast on radio.

Well if we find out where he's playing, no matter where it is in Ireland I'll be there.:thumb_yello:

You just get to pick if an act goes to your local pub, I wish you could pick the artist too!

oh no, that sucks! hope you'll find out where he is!

it reminds me a bit of the blue balls festival in luzern, with this "meet the artist" talkshow - it was open for the public and they sold tickets for it for 20CHF, but they wouldn't tell us for life whether mika would be there, not even an hour in advance! :aah: - "it's ALWAYS a surprise which of the artists will be there..." :sneaky2: the result was that the venue for this meet the artist thing was nearly empty. :mf_rosetinted:

it reminds me a bit of the blue balls festival in luzern, with this "meet the artist" talkshow - it was open for the public and they sold tickets for it for 20CHF, but they wouldn't tell us for life whether mika would be there, not even an hour in advance! :aah: - "it's ALWAYS a surprise which of the artists will be there..." :sneaky2: the result was that the venue for this meet the artist thing was nearly empty. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks, Me too! :aah:

it reminds me a bit of the blue balls festival in luzern, with this "meet the artist" talkshow - it was open for the public and they sold tickets for it for 20CHF, but they wouldn't tell us for life whether mika would be there, not even an hour in advance! :aah: - "it's ALWAYS a surprise which of the artists will be there..." :sneaky2:the result was that the venue for this meet the artist thing was nearly empty. :mf_rosetinted:

So I could sit right in front of him with my camera. :naughty:

If they love us they would! :naughty: just kidding :teehee:

Aww, Luke, you KNOW we love you! :wub2:

Guess we'll have to see how things develop with this. You never know, do you? :mf_rosetinted: