Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

And in all honesty - it has become so silly and political now - it really doesn't matter who represents the UK - other countries aren't going to vote for them anyway. If The Beatles reformed and represented us it still wouln't work.:mf_rosetinted:

It's seen as a ridiculous competition here in France too. I really can't see him taking part, it's one of the rare things where I'd rather not see Mika at all. Maybe it would give him publicity in other countries, but if it's publicity of this kind I'm not sure it would help him. And in France I think it could even harm his image.

I love Marylin's optimism but I agree with Kath and Camille.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande

Happy weekend loves. Shooting another music video today. Have to dress like a Tim Burton character... and my hair is black. Hmmmm.

Assuming they're shooting the vid for Popular

Edit: Whoops sorry someone already posted this ;D

Edited by LaraMay

And in all honesty - it has become so silly and political now - it really doesn't matter who represents the UK - other countries aren't going to vote for them anyway. If The Beatles reformed and represented us it still wouln't work.:mf_rosetinted:

I don't think it's true at all. Germany totally proves this. Before 2010 it was the same, everyone was moaning that everybody hates us and no one would vote for us anyway and everything is just political and so on. But really, it's just typical "Blame everybody else, but not yourself"-attitude. Because a lot of our entries where just crap. And then in 2010 we had the first good entry with Lena - and - surprise - the nobody-will-vote-for-us-country won. And with two other good entries in the following years we made good places, 10 and 8.

Now look at your entries of the last 10 years. You had one good one, the one from Andrew Lloyd Webber (although Mika hated it :naughty:), that became 5th, and one that was okay, Blue, who made a 11th place. And now look a Scooch, Josh Dubovic, Daz Samson or the old-fashioned Engelbert Humperdinck from last year. Are you really wondering why nobody gave the UK points for these entries?

What my point is: The UK is just as capable of winning the contest as anybody else if they would send a really good entry.

As for the Mika writing the UK Eurovision entry: Yes, he could do it. But I don't see how he could win a lot from that. Although the contest is a songwriter contest on the paper nobody really pays attention who wrote the song. The positive thing of a participation would be that over 100 million people would see him, a number of those people will like his entry and so discover or rediscover him. He would just get a lot of attention again, which he doesn't get now. Of course taking part has his negative sides, too, as discussed here.

But with writing the song he would just have all the negative things of participation, but far less positive sites. Nobody will go and listen to his album because he was the songwriter. But a fair number of people will do it for sure if he would be a participant himself.

Anyway, today some information about the UK Eurovision entry emerged. Graham Norton said in his show that the entry will be announced on the 18th of March and that "the person" will be interviewed on his show on the 23rd of March. And as Mika is doing his second show of the North American Tour on this day, it can't be him if he doesn't send his double :wink2:

So we now have another prove that this rumour isn't true.

Is this guy at the video shoot?

@PaulNortonHair

Today is going awesome on set with @ArianaGrande !!! Loving this look u guys!!

@PaulNortonHair

Omg this set is so cute!!!

@PaulNortonHair

On set with @ArianaGrande @isaacboots , just getting started , gonna be an awesome day!! So blessed!

@PaulNortonHair

@PaulNortonHair

@PaulNortonHair

On set with @ArianaGrande @isaacboots , just getting started , gonna be an awesome day!! So blessed!

:blink:god bless the video

@PaulNortonHair

@PaulNortonHair

@PaulNortonHair

And the guy is cute too :das:

image.jpg

And the guy is cute too :das:

image.jpg

Don't think he will be in the video, he's a hair stylist ! :aah:

@isaacboots seems to be a dancer and Ariana's friend. (according to twitter)

I have no idea what's going on. :blink:

I just find it odd he hasn't mentioned Mika at all:blink:

Maybe Mika is late,as always :teehee:

Don't think he will be in the video, he's a hair stylist ! :aah:

@isaacboots seems to be a dancer and Ariana's friend. (according to twitter)

I have no idea what's going on. :blink:

Yep,that's the guy who's gonna take care of Mika's curls :naughty:

I don't think it's true at all.

This discussion really should be in the Eurovision thread - I love MFC!:naughty:

I have chopped most of your quote off simply to reduce the size of my post:thumb_yello:

We could argue these points forever and I don't suppose we would ever agree. Terry Wogan hosted the UK TV coverage for years and years but eventually pulled out due to the way the voting system had degenerated. He isn't British, he is Irish - and Ireland generally do better than the UK - but then so do most countries.:wink2:

Personally I would agree that the UK hasn't put in any decent entries lately - but I still don't honestly think it has much to go with the result. And yes, I take your point about the writer of an entry not getting much recognition but that isn't necessarily why a writer would enter a song.

Personally I would prefer to see Mika performing for France if at all but I would much prefer it if he ignored it completely.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

4am: Just finished shooting in LA after starting at 10am yesterday. Awesome video, brilliant director. Couldn't be happier

This is a contrast from some of the things he's said about other videos in the past. :naughty:

I have a feeling this might be great.