Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Woop! Pre sales already sold out in NYC, Brooklyn, Chicago, Toronto , Salt Lake City, Wash DC, Los Angeles, Boston and San Fran!!

Toronto sold out so fast I almost didn't get them. Had to keep trying and lucked out when someone must have released a ticket in their basket. One of my friends didn't get tickets at all. :aah: This venue is a fair size though so there should be lots of tickets still available during the other sales.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I really don't get is that people are moaning all the time about bad entries but at the same time they say that good artists are "too good" for the contest. If you want more quality then send more high quality entries.

Luckily the image began to change in the last years.

And it is a really great promo possibility, 120 million people are watching it. Look at Loreen she was number 1 in the single charts of 11 countries and had a huge hit with "Euphoria" all over Europe.

I really hope that record labels will realize it finally, especially with Itunes now, people can buy the songs right after they have seen the contest now, it could be such a win-win situation for the artists and the contest.

Edited by DerMoment1608

if it's all always selling out so fast in north america, why isn't he ever doing a proper tour again????!!! of course i'm really happy about this, and the piano and all, but i haven't seen him in a real show in soooo long...:aah:

um....was there any time that the tickets were not sold out that fast?

Certainly in the UK unfortunately :tears:. The Roundhouse in December took ages to sell out and Glasgow sold so badly that it was cancelled. :tears:

I'm pleased to see that these are selling well though - although as they are mostly small venues we are probably not talking about huge amounts of tickets. Fingers crossed that they all sell out fully :crossed:

Even if 20% of tickets went into the presale, for some of these venues that is barely 100-150 tickets. Of course it is great that they are selling out but it's very expensive to bring his entire entourage and big sets overseas so I can see why he's only doing a stripped down acoustic tour with venues this size. It's a shame he didn't bring the fuller show to San Francisco in October but it may not be as realistic for places like Minneapolis and Salt Lake City. I'm so glad he's going out there and trying to make a presence. It's unfortunate he never had the almost overnight success across the US he had in the UK and France in 2007 but most artists have to pound the pavement for years before they achieve that level of fame and record sales. Look at Katy Perry. In 2007 she was opening for Mika in a small club in LA. She didn't get to playing arenas in North America by focusing on Europe only for most of her career.

Great that the tickets sold out :yay:

I can't see why everyone seems to hate esc. Maybe it's seen as a ridiculous competition in the uk, but many countries do in fact take the competition seriously. And I don't think Mika taking part in Eurovision would be that bad as everyone says. 100 millions of people will watch him and at least some of the viewers will like him and look him up on the internet or re-remember him. People are forgetting him, so esc would definitely get him some well deserved publicity.

I can't see why everyone seems to hate esc. Maybe it's seen as a ridiculous competition in the uk, but many countries do in fact take the competition seriously. And I don't think Mika taking part in Eurovision would be that bad as everyone says. 100 millions of people will watch him and at least some of the viewers will like him and look him up on the internet or re-remember him. People are forgetting him, so esc would definitely get him some well deserved publicity.

It's seen as a ridiculous competition here in France too. I really can't see him taking part, it's one of the rare things where I'd rather not see Mika at all. Maybe it would give him publicity in other countries, but if it's publicity of this kind I'm not sure it would help him. And in France I think it could even harm his image.

It's seen as a ridiculous competition here in France too. I really can't see him taking part, it's one of the rare things where I'd rather not see Mika at all. Maybe it would give him publicity in other countries, but if it's publicity of this kind I'm not sure it would help him. And in France I think it could even harm his image.

Likewise here in the Netherlands.

Even if 20% of tickets went into the presale, for some of these venues that is barely 100-150 tickets. Of course it is great that they are selling out but it's very expensive to bring his entire entourage and big sets overseas so I can see why he's only doing a stripped down acoustic tour with venues this size. It's a shame he didn't bring the fuller show to San Francisco in October but it may not be as realistic for places like Minneapolis and Salt Lake City. I'm so glad he's going out there and trying to make a presence. It's unfortunate he never had the almost overnight success across the US he had in the UK and France in 2007 but most artists have to pound the pavement for years before they achieve that level of fame and record sales. Look at Katy Perry. In 2007 she was opening for Mika in a small club in LA. She didn't get to playing arenas in North America by focusing on Europe only for most of her career.

You can't really compare Katy and Mika. First off, Katy is an American based artists while Mika is a European based artist. Secondly, Katy didn't reach arena sized venues until Teenage Dream, all because California Dreams went big. She only did major promo after that. Anyways, it would be more credible to compare Adele and Mika, as they are both UK artists and even then there's a difference I think between female and male artists.

Agree. Even if I havent watched Eurovision, don't know what it is exactly...but it 's kind of a competition isn't it?

Mika shines more when he's in relaxed mood,.. with tons of ppl who knows his music very well... he's an international popstar already, don't need to be sit on same level as unknown half amateurs, just to get more fame. It sounds really ridiculous and harm his exist image as international popstar.

Same over here in the UK, though a lot of people seem to like ridiculing him anyway, which is why I'm ashamed of the way he's treated here.They just see him as the guy which the high voice, without even trying to check out this new album. Yet they lap up the bland rubbish of X Factor. :doh::aah:

Isn't it possible for Mika to just write the Eurovision song? Sorry don't know anything about Eurovision.

You can't really compare Katy and Mika. First off, Katy is an American based artists while Mika is a European based artist.

But that's the point. If you're not here all the time there's not much chance you're going to have success here. Mika is an American. He writes here, he produces his albums here and he's hardly ever in London while his career is active so it's his choice to be "European based". Which is not to say it wasn't a wise choice. Who wants to sit on a tour bus in Idaho when you could be jet setting around Europe to crowds 10 times the size. But without the UK supporting him now I think his opportunities in Europe are more limited than they once were. He can still be pitched as a breaking act in North America and his success in Europe used as a selling point, unlike the UK where having more success in France than in Britain is going to be viewed as a negative.

Same over here in the UK, though a lot of people seem to like ridiculing him anyway, which is why I'm ashamed of the way he's treated here.They just see him as the guy which the high voice, without even trying to check out this new album. Yet they lap up the bland rubbish of X Factor. :doh::aah:

But then that has always been the problem over here hasn't it....or for the last about ten years anyway. Having teenagers in the house now just emphasises this point to me. Ok, so any teenager living in my house is going to know who Mika is.....but none of their friends do - they have no idea. They are only interested in X factor contestants....and even then usually only for about a month. It is all so very fickle.:aah:

Isn't it possible for Mika to just write the Eurovision song? Sorry don't know anything about Eurovision.

He can still be pitched as a breaking act in North America and his success in Europe used as a selling point, unlike the UK where having more success in France than in Britain is going to be viewed as a negative.

Yes - it is possible for Mika just to write for the Eurovision and personally I think that would be the only sensible option.

And I agree with the bolded comment. :thumb_yello:

My thoughts exactly, about ESC. It would give him the boost he needs and get him so much publicity. Grahame Norton said he should do it, and I agree!

My thoughts exactly, about ESC. It would give him the boost he needs and get him so much publicity. Grahame Norton said he should do it, and I agree!

I really really don't agree. I was screaming at the radio when Graham Norton said that! I think it would be the absolute Kiss of Death for Mika in the UK. The ESC is an object of ridicule in the UK.

And in all honesty - it has become so silly and political now - it really doesn't matter who represents the UK - other countries aren't going to vote for them anyway. If The Beatles reformed and represented us it still wouln't work.:mf_rosetinted:

I know, don't think any of the big 5 countries takes it seriously. But I know that a lot of other countries do. And still 100 million people would watch him! That's almost as many that watch big bowl! I don't say that I want Mika to take part, just saying that it don't think it would harm his carrier in the way everyone think it would. Maybe if it was 2007 and he was on the top of his carrier, but he isn't any more. If I has a good song, with a catchy tune - like most of his songs - I'm 90% sure he would get radio play in Sweden, and then I'm pretty sure they would play songs from tool too. Well okay sweden is a little country, and it doesn't matter if we play his songs or not, but I'm sure we're not the only country who plays Eurovision songs on the radio.

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande

Happy weekend loves. Shooting another music video today. Have to dress like a Tim Burton character... and my hair is black. Hmmmm.

seems like it's the Popular video she's talking about (???)

Edited by BiaIchihara

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande

Happy weekend loves. Shooting another music video today.

Have to dress like a Tim Burton character... and my hair is black.

Hmmmm.

seems like it's the Popular video she's talking about (???)

DEF: You know how much MIKA likes Tim Burton

AND the date is exactly right . . .

'Burton-ISH'

Sweeney_Todd_Tim_Burton_Style_by_angrycookie101.jpg

'Popular,I know about POP-U-LAR'

Edited by A. Clay