guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From @bradwebbmusic:

Listening and learning for @mikasounds gigs.

Head full of @mikasounds songs for rehearsal tomorrow.

new drummer then? that was to be expected. :teehee: he doesn't know yet what he got himself into by revealing his twitter identity! :naughty:

From @bradwebbmusic:

Listening and learning for @mikasounds gigs.

Head full of @mikasounds songs for rehearsal tomorrow.

new drummer then? that was to be expected. :teehee: he doesn't know yet what he got himself into by revealing his twitter identity! :naughty:

If that is true then my predictions last tour were correct.:naughty:

I was so sure about this since last year.And I guess Joy is the next one:

Joy Leah Joseph ‏@JoyLibrary

Excitement! RT@newbuildband: Back at the studio of @marksralph tomorrow with the exceptional @joylibrary to work on new songs, cannae wait.

New Build ‏@newbuildband

amazing 16 hour recording session with @joylibrary & Rupert Clervaux on Saturday ... new song to show for it which we'll be sharing soon ...

Edited by krysady

I was so sure about this since last year.And I guess Joy is the next one:

Joy Leah Joseph ‏@JoyLibrary

Excitement! RT@newbuildband: Back at the studio of @marksralph tomorrow with the exceptional @joylibrary to work on new songs, cannae wait.

New Build ‏@newbuildband

amazing 16 hour recording session with @joylibrary & Rupert Clervaux on Saturday ... new song to show for it which we'll be sharing soon ...

they wrote he'll have a stripped down band for the us gigs, maybe for the festivals too? :dunno: i just hope tim stayed! :crossed: (or he got martin back :teehee:)

they wrote he'll have a stripped down band for the us gigs, maybe for the festivals too? :dunno: i just hope tim stayed! :crossed: (or he got martin back :teehee:)

Yes,Tim must stay! :wub2: And Curtis,and Max! :thumb_yello:

Or maybe he just sacked everyone, like he does. Glad I never bothered with the last band. :rolls_eyes:

I don't think so,I remember Felix complaining often on twitter,and saying he wants to give up on drums.Apparently he likes more DJ-ing :wink2:

I never paid any attention to Felix and I won't be paying any attention to the new one either. Mika doesn't have any attachment to these people obviously so I don't see the point. I am still bitter about Luke so... :naughty:

i dont think it's a good thing to sack the bands again and again....

dont know why it happens again and again...

I love to see the whole strongly binded team play in Mika shows... not mika himself...

i dont think it's a good thing to sack the bands again and again....

dont know why it happens again and again...

I love to see the whole strongly binded team play in Mika shows... not mika himself...

MIKA is not a band, it's a singer with hired-help... When the singer is not doing gigs, these musicians need to feed themselves... They have project on their own. I don't see it as sacking, but going separate after both parties agreed.

Personally, as much asI like to getto know them and discover nice people, as long as they play well, I don't really care who's there or not:thumb_yello:

MIKA is not a band, it's a singer with hired-help... When the singer is not doing gigs, these musicians need to feed themselves... They have project on their own. I don't see it as sacking, but going separate after both parties agreed.

Personally, as much asI like to getto know them and discover nice people, as long as they play well, I don't really care who's there or not:thumb_yello:

I saw Adam Lambert and Woutet Hamel gig months ago.. and I loved their bands performance and they were binded as strong team with the main singer.. I adored that vibe so much.. they're like a family,,,not employee and employer but can feel something else..more intimate and tustful full of faith.. .

Very well said! But even pop groups change members sometimes. There arn't many who still have the same members, if they stay the course.

But Mika's band arn't a pop group. They're individual musicians who are hired to form the backing to Mika. Some of them I've really liked, but I certainly don't expect them to just stay with Mika. when he isn't touring they have to go and work for someone else. Then when he gets ready to tour, maybe not all the musicians are available so he has to find someone else. There's always going to be different people and it doesn't bother me, as long as Mika is still there. He's the only one I go to see.

I don't think so,I remember Felix complaining often on twitter,and saying he wants to give up on drums.Apparently he likes more DJ-ing :wink2:

maybe that's why mika hired him in the first place, in case he needed a dj for his electronic sounds. :naughty: and then felix was unhappy cause he didn't get to dj. :teehee: thank god mika's electronic phase didn't last long! :teehee:

I saw Adam Lambert and Woutet Hamel gig months ago.. and I loved their bands performance and they were binded as strong team with the main singer.. I adored that vibe so much.. they're like a family,,,not employee and employer but can feel something else..more intimate and tustful full of faith.. .

Paolo Nutini also has this and he even records with them so for all intents and purposes they are a band. I don't think Mika needs this necessarily but I wish he wouldn't fake it. If he wants the band in the background then keep them there. It makes me uneasy to see someone treating people like good friends only to find out it's all for show. It makes you wonder if all the other things you think you know about their good character are real or illusory as well.

I think it's naive to believe everyone who has left Mika's touring company did so because they voluntarily moved on but whatever. I just ignore the band now and it doesn't make any difference to me who the drummer is. I just hope that if/when he replaces Curtis he gets another multi-instrumentalist because I like clarinet, sax, etc.