Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

But to be honest - it would make more sense for it to be just a message wouldn't it as you couldn't realistically fit an illustration on to the arm of a pair of sunnies.:teehee:

I think they just want individual images to put into their photo gallery so people can vote on them. But I suspect the end result is going to be the most visually appealing ones will get the most attention especially since so many people posting on Mika's FB are either ESL or don't speak English at all.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they just want individual images to put into their photo gallery so people can vote on them. But I suspect the end result is going to be the most visually appealing ones will get the most attention especially since so many people posting on Mika's FB are either ESL or don't speak English at all.

Yes. Just seems a bit odd. But we should be used to that:wink2:

Some of us already have Lozza glasses :fisch:

That's why you have no money left to go to Switzerland. :wink2::naughty:

I am not a fan of the glasses at all. Some of them look great on Mika, but that's because he's Mika. :naughty: In any case they just seemed to be ripped off wholesale from Rayban - some of them look exactly like Aviators and Wayfarers. :blink:

I recently saw an exposé on 60 Minutes that there is one manufacturer in Italy making all the glasses for every designer in the world and the outrageous pricetags are a complete con because they are literally all the same.

That's why you have no money left to go to Switzerland. :wink2::naughty:

They weren't that expensive (and I had more money last year).

I think my message would be "Left" and "Right" :mf_rosetinted:

Or "Yes" and "No" :naughty:

I am not a fan of the glasses at all. Some of them look great on Mika, but that's because he's Mika. :naughty: In any case they just seemed to be ripped off wholesale from Rayban - some of them look exactly like Aviators and Wayfarers. :blink:

I recently saw an exposé on 60 Minutes that there is one manufacturer in Italy making all the glasses for every designer in the world and the outrageous pricetags are a complete con because they are literally all the same.

I don't usually pay much for sunglasses but I do like a nice pair. Don't want to be ripped off though. :mf_rosetinted:

Love it!

i saw that too...i don't care maan.. the lozza campaign worked on me :aah:

plus the actual lens that they make are supposed to really good and they're an old family company...and i drank the kool-aid :aah::aah:

i saw that too...i don't care maan.. the lozza campaign worked on me :aah:

plus the actual lens that they make are supposed to really good and they're an old family company...and i drank the kool-aid :aah::aah:

I guess I could be sold on a good lens because I get a headache if it's warped or blurry. But I just don't think they are that nice looking. Do they have a women's line? Because most of the ones Mika wears are too masculine for me. The only ones I really like are the Wayfarer type with blue lenses but it's not something I would buy. They look great on him though.

I guess I could be sold on a good lens because I get a headache if it's warped or blurry. But I just don't think they are that nice looking. Do they have a women's line? Because most of the ones Mika wears are too masculine for me. The only ones I really like are the Wayfarer type with blue lenses but it's not something I would buy. They look great on him though.

yea they have a women's line..but ur right most of the shapes aren't that great - if i had to pay for 1 there're only 2 shapes i would consider...but with this comp i couldn't care less abt the shape - i'd wear that sucker everyday everywhere :naughty:

You should enter the Yes and No one:wink2:

yea they have a women's line..but ur right most of the shapes aren't that great - if i had to pay for 1 there're only 2 shapes i would consider...but with this comp i couldn't care less abt the shape - i'd wear that sucker everyday everywhere :naughty:

Oh I think it's a great prize, especially the note from Mika. I think I'd probably keep them in the case though rather than wear them even if I liked them. Good luck with your entry. If I think of something I will give it a shot.

:lmfao: That's brilliant! :thumb_yello:

Anyway,I'm sure that most of the secret messages will sound like:"Mika,marry me!" and "I wanna have your babies!" :mf_rosetinted:

I can't wait to get working on this. Spring Break just started and I can give it proper time. I have a design idea, but am working on the message.

I know it's going to seem like illustration > words but I'd like to try to balance them with mine. The message will be the central figure and the stuff around will accent it. And I'm hoping giving the message time and doing the art first will turn into a sort of inspirational thing? Maybe it'll come to me.

Either way, I'm so very excited for all of this. <3

Kinda nervous that it's going to be put up on facebook though. o_o

I don't get why artwork is even relevant here. It's supposed to be a message, sure do a fancy font to make it look more special, but why artwork?

I don't understand why Mika even suggested illustrations. If it's supposed to be a competition for everyone, just for once can't there be a level playing field, so the less arty can feel more included. I know that as soon as he said the word illustration, I thought, what's the point in even bothering, because as soon as anything mentioning art comes up,the more artistic people go all out (which is only natural), and the less artistic just don't bother because they can't see the point, as on the whole in these comps, the more arty it is, the more chance it has at winning.

I'm not overly artistic, I wasn't too bad at it in school, and I have a go, but I know before I even start that whatever I enter doesn't really have much of a chance against the majority that does. I feel for people who don't really have any artistic bent at all, because they feel excluded, and don't have the chance to win any of these great prizes. I think if you're going to do a competition like this one, it should be a bit fairer.

I don't get why artwork is even relevant here. It's supposed to be a message, sure do a fancy font to make it look more special, but why artwork?

I don't understand why Mika even suggested illustrations. If it's supposed to be a competition for everyone, just for once can't there be a level playing field, so the less arty can feel more included. I know that as soon as he said the word illustration, I thought, what's the point in even bothering, because as soon as anything mentioning art comes up,the more artistic people go all out (which is only natural), and the less artistic just don't bother because they can't see the point, as on the whole in these comps, the more arty it is, the more chance it has at winning.

I'm not overly artistic, I wasn't too bad at it in school, and I have a go, but I know before I even start that whatever I enter doesn't really have much of a chance against the majority that does. I feel for people who don't really have any artistic bent at all, because they feel excluded, and don't have the chance to win any of these great prizes. I think if you're going to do a competition like this one, it should be a bit fairer.

I think it's less about drawing and more about visually representing something. I can't draw AT ALL. None. Whatsoever. But I know I can try to visually present something, and it sounds to me like that's what they want to do for the competition. (Based on the fact that they want to post the entries on facebook as scanned pictures.)

Visual mediums can be used to enhance a message. Mika loves illustration and I would expect many of his events/happenings to be about that. Yes, it may have been a nicer idea to just submit the words, but this is what they've decided on. But I certainly wouldn't say that you have to be able to draw to have a chance at this...or at least I hope not because then I seriously will have no chance. :aah:

If it's supposed to be a competition for everyone, just for once can't there be a level playing field, so the less arty can feel more included.

It wouldn't be a level playing field though. A Google translation of someone's Korean or Russian slogan is not going to be able to compete with a native English speaker's.

I don't like all the focus on illustrations either but all these competition are going to have disadvantages for some and advantages for others. It doesn't matter what it is.

He didnt say only drawings tho, right? It could be smth sewn, baked, drawn in sand, whatever. Even tho i'm not so arty i'm way more concerned that it will be a popularity contest on FB.

Edited by kreacher

He didnt say only drawings tho, right? It could be smth sewn, baked, drawn in sand, whatever. Even tho i'm not so arty i'm way more concerned that it will be a popularity contest on FB.

Me too. Although I'm pretty sure the way the FB post described it, they are going to pick their favorite 6 regardless of likes and comments.

Me too. Although I'm pretty sure the way the FB post described it, they are going to pick their favorite 6 regardless of likes and comments.

Yeah they say that, but i've a bad feeling likes and comments are gonna be factors in what they choose :doh:

It wouldn't be a level playing field though. A Google translation of someone's Korean or Russian slogan is not going to be able to compete with a native English speaker's.

I don't like all the focus on illustrations either but all these competition are going to have disadvantages for some and advantages for others. It doesn't matter what it is.

I decided to just try at first but I can't draw nor native english speaker...so quickly gave up :naughty: