Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

I feel all shooken up after seeing those tweets. I love animals with all of my heart (being a vegan) and it pains me to know that they are being abused for mankind's needs. Food, clothes, cosmetics. If you've (dared) to see the movie 'Earthlings' you'll know what I mean. I don't go around lecturing people though because we're all free to make our own choices in life and nobody has the right to tell us what to do and nobody's perfect. And maybe Mika realized how disgusting it was since he saw Mel next to the photo and hopefully he will understand that all animals have feelings (no matter what anyone says). Meat in stores gives me similar reactions as the photo he posted though, although it made me think of how I stopped eating animals in the first place: I was next visiting my family in Iran when I was twelve years old, petted a goat and the minute they chopped his head off right in front of my eyes...

:shocked: what a horror thing, poor child in this time :tears:

I think it should be shocking that sense, but depending on the culture of some countries, people, this is understandable.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it should be shocking that sense, but depending on the culture of some countries, people, this is understandable.

Yeah and during some weddings in Iran, they butcher an animal while it's still alive, as tradition. :( But persian people I've talked to here in Sweden think that's disgusting and are ashamed of their treatment of animals in Iran. I once saw a video of a wedding where this happened and the blood poured on the ground next to the bride and the groom, leaving blood splatter on the bottom of her white wedding dress. I was like WTF?? The bizarre thing was that before that they were kissing birds and holding them.

Edited by LaraMay

Yeah and during some weddings in Iran, they butcher an animal while it's still alive, as tradition. :( But persian people I've talked to here in Sweden think that's disgusting and are ashamed of their treatment of animals in Iran. I once saw a video of a wedding where this happened and the blood poured on the ground next to the bride and the groom, leaving blood splatter on the bottom of her white wedding dress. I was like WTF?? The bizarre thing was that before that they were kissing birds and holding them.

Really bizarre, is seen as a cultural asset and is part of the human race to kill animals for survival since the world began, we are part of this cycle of life, among animals is no different and sometimes more violent, isn't it?!

We can think about reducing meat consumption, become a vegetarian, think about how the kind killing can be more merciful to the animal, but that's all, maybe we will walk to a feeding without sacrifice, one day, who knows :wink2:

By now which is very difficult for many reasons, not myself I can not only eat vegetables.

I agree with that. Some people will be shocked and others will be ok.

I saw the pictures, I love animals but it doesn't shock me. :dunno: I have two dogs, a horse and I'm studying to be a veterinary technician (a "nurse" for animals) so I'm sincere when I say I love them. The lamb is dead and yes they'll eat it. It's meat and people are eating meat alllll over the world. :thumb_yello:

A lot of my friends would probably shocked too so I understand. :wink2:

Really bizarre, is seen as a cultural asset and is part of the human race to kill animals for survival since the world began, we are part of this cycle of life, among animals is no different and sometimes more violent, isn't it?!

We can think about reducing meat consumption, become a vegetarian, think about how the kind killing can be more merciful to the animal, but that's all, maybe we will walk to a feeding without sacrifice, one day, who knows :wink2:

By now which is very difficult for many reasons, not myself I can not only eat vegetables.

It was difficult for me too, I was obsessed with eating meat lol maybe it's in my middle eastern blood I don't know, but I think my parents fed me too much meat so I finally had enough :aah: But there are loads of food alternatives out there, very healthy and full of protein too, besides just vegetables. So I think when people tell me: 'What do you eat then: Carrots?' I find it narrow minded since there is so much delicious meat alternatives for me to eat. :) But I completely understand that it's difficult to stop eating meat alltogether, it was for me too.

I agree with that. Some people will be shocked and others will be ok.

I saw the pictures, I love animals but it doesn't shock me. :dunno: I have two dogs, a horse and I'm studying to be a veterinary technician (a "nurse" for animals) so I'm sincere when I say I love them. The lamb is dead and yes they'll eat it. It's meat and people are eating meat alllll over the world. :thumb_yello:

A lot of my friends would probably shocked too so I understand. :wink2:

Great! My admiration for animal care they need, this week I heard a sad news, the black rhinos went extinct, it is sad to think of any kind of extinction.

Good luck in studies :thumb_yello:

It was difficult for me too, I was obsessed with eating meat lol maybe it's in my middle eastern blood I don't know, but I think my parents fed me too much meat so I finally had enough :aah:But there are loads of food alternatives out there, very healthy and full of protein too, besides just vegetables. So I think when people tell me: 'What do you eat then: Carrots?' I find it narrow minded since there is so much delicious meat alternatives for me to eat. :) But I completely understand that it's difficult to stop eating meat alltogether, it was for me too.

I see a side benefit for the photo and discussion about eating meat, and I think there is pretty interesting alternative, healthy, how we can think differently our food, our body suffers in many ways, morbid obesity, bowel problems, often related to an unhealthy diet, but in other way also the products obtained for proper nutrition are absurdly expensive :aah: at least in my country, but that's a very topic longer.

Good to know that you could get a healthy diet and I hope to reach that level

:thumb_yello:

I see a side benefit for the photo and discussion about eating meat, and I think there is pretty interesting alternative, healthy, how we can think differently our food, our body suffers in many ways, morbid obesity, bowel problems, often related to an unhealthy diet, but in other way also the products obtained for proper nutrition are absurdly expensive :aah: at least in my country, but that's a very topic longer.

Good to know that you could get a healthy diet and I hope to reach that level

:thumb_yello:

Thank you :huglove: The same to you. And yes healthy food does seem more expensive, especially for a horrible cook like me :aah:

Thank you : huglove: The same to you. And yes healthy food does seem more expensive, especially for a horrible cook like me :aah:

:lol3: You do not wanna know how I'm in the kitchen :aah:

shame :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you too :huglove:

Lol Good to know I'm not the only one :naughty: As soon as I turn the oven on there's trouble cooking up; Usually grease fires :blush-anim-cl:

Lol Good to know I'm not the only one :naughty: As soon as I turn the oven on there's trouble cooking up; Usually grease fires :blush-anim-cl:

That´s exactly the reason why my husband is cooking for more than 28 years now :wink2:

YES! Me too :naughty::hi5:

That´s exactly the reason why my husband is cooking for more than 28 years now :wink2:

:lmfao::hi5:

MIKA Official

@mikasounds Will be live photos from our event tonight. From catwalk show and performance! Stay tuned

12:30 PM - 6 May 13

@mikasounds Backstage at JBC show getting ready for tonight's launch. Tomorrow off to Jakarta. My gig there Friday IS going ahead for sure!!!

12:28 PM - 6 May 13

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 18m

Last minute touches.#mikaforjbc #makeup

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 17m

#mikaforjbc

MIKA official MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 17m

Lola.#mikaforjbc

MIKA official MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 18m

#mikaforjbc

MIKA official MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 18m

Backstage views. #mikaforjbc

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 11m

Popular.#mikaforjbc

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 1h

If your a reader of La Reppubblica's XL then you will notice my column is missing this month. Apologies, I promise It'll be back next issue

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Just landed at Narita from Jakarta. Blurry eyed and styling a JAL white travelling face mask they gave me... yup

Thank you to all my amazing fans whom I finally got to meet in Jakarta. An amazing experience which I really hope to repeat! Xxx

Lucy ‏@TheMikaFreak

@mikasounds im begging you! Please at least say hi so i can die in peace!

MIKA official MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

@TheMikaFreak don't die

Lucy ‏@TheMikaFreak

@mikasounds OH GOD OH GOD.

MIKA official MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 1m

@TheMikaFreak he's busy

Was met at airport by the most smiley and kind fans. Thank you for making my day and thank you for the amazing presents AND snacks #starving

Yoga pradistya ‏@Yogapradistya 39m

@mikasounds hopefully,you could come back to perform in jakarta again. Ur performance's always marvelous :D

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

@Yogapradistya thank you! I really hope to come back. Loved it!

Edited by BiaIchihara

Was met at airport by the most smiley and kind fans. Thank you for making my day and thank you for the amazing presents AND snacks #starving

I remember there being discussions on whether or not it was cool to meet him at the airport . . . I think he just gave us his opinion. Presents and snacks, everyone! :teehee:

I remember there being discussions on whether or not it was cool to meet him at the airport . . . I think he just gave us his opinion. Presents and snacks, everyone! :teehee:

Just goes to prove how rubbish airline food is :naughty:

I make no judgements about whether Mika is annoyed by being greeted at the airport since I'm not Mika. If I recall the discussion was about whether one feels comfortable doing that or not. Grown women in Canada do not go to airports to greet popstars. Not unless they want their friends and family and everyone at the airport to think they have mental problems. :naughty: So unless Mika sends me an invitation I will not be greeting him at the airport. But what other fans do in other countries is none of my concern.

I think Mika especially welcomes Japanese treats in any case. At the airport, at his hotel, at the gig. Anywhere is fine if you've got cool Japanese shizz to give him. :lmfao: