Stardust - song discussion

BiaIchihara

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems to me he sang HOPE last friday in Italy.

I watched again the video with Chiara and (I think) he sang HUG but last friday he sang HOPE :blink: :blink:

I hear HOPE in the video with Chiara too.

I've watched the video again, and I hear HOPE the first time and HUG the second (towards the end of the song), so I think they say both words

it seems to me he sang HOPE last friday in Italy.

doesn't he always sing 'hope'?

I think it's always HOPE. I don't think these lyrics are coming from Mika, it almost seems like they're getting them from a lyrics site. :blink: I mean, there's no way that he sings "stumble through my eyes" or whatever nonsense it was they posted about Happy Ending a few weeks ago. :naughty:

I was working for the manager of a British band and the record company in New York needed the lyrics for the album artwork. My boss gave me the master tape of the album and told me to listen to it and write them down and fax them to the record company. So what ended up on that album artwork was whatever I decided the lyrics were. :naughty: Mika is not posting those lyrics and probably never checks them so I don't think they're going to be as reliable as what we have here. We've got many ears and many sources and have spent months refining them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[YOUTUBE]xZ1OjpGt5Os[/YOUTUBE]

Personally, this is the best performance of Stardust I think.. :swoon:

12097598273 th times I say, This should be single of TOOL ....

that performance is magical :fangurl:

• 6 months later...

Just so it won't get lost in the XF thread as not everybody is reading there :wink2:

Performance of Stardust from Mika & Chiara at X-Factor Italy

StardustXF.jpg

It's here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3961079&postcount=2233

(Sorry, embedding doesn't work in non-frontpage-news-threads, so I have to link)

Or try this link

Just heard the recorded version,Chiara's english pronunciation is ruining the whole song,imo :aah:

I'm agree as I told you :wink2: I know she's not english but in comparison to the other XFactor (italian) contestants that their english is fine, Chiara's pronunciation is :thumbdown:

you're right, her pronunciation is not perfect, but I can bet most of Italian audience won't notice at all :fisch:

Haha,right! I wonder why they didn't do it the entire version in Italian,I think it would have been way much better than this weird mix of verses :doh:

@Mikasister: yes,she might have a great voice,but not in english :aah:

Edited by krysady

Just heard the recorded version,Chiara's english pronunciation is ruining the whole song,imo :aah:

Yes, really, I think it's the only weak thing of this duet! Chiara's english pronunciation bothers also me and I'm not speak english... But I can hear if a pronunciation is pretty, even if I can't do a nice pronunciation :-) But I like to hear that! It's strange Mika doesn't correct Chiara, he is really severe with english pronunciation in x Factor Italia!

Anyway, I think only 1% of Italian people cares about this thing :-)

I prefer thousand of times Mika singing this song alone for example the acoustic version he did in Coke Sudio :wub2: that version is touching I felt goosebumps hearing it and feel nothing with this version but I guess people has different tastes and opinions and that's good :teehee:

I prefer thousand of times Mika singing this song alone for example the acoustic version he did in Coke Sudio :wub2: that version is touching I felt goosebumps hearing it and feel nothing with this version but I guess people has different tastes and opinions and that's good :teehee:

I was having this conversation in another thread about "different tastes" but honestly if anyone thinks the recorded version is on par with Mika's they either do not speak English at all or they need their hearing checked. :aah: Chiara's accent makes her sound like she has a speech impediment that is caused by deafness. I have been saying this for months which is why I could never understand Mika's raving about her and how Italian X Factor is better than the others, in part, because of her If Leona Lewis is a 10 then Chiara is a 4 or 5 when it comes to being a great pop vocalist. If Mika can't see (or rather hear) that I don't know how competent a judge he can be. I know he is looking for uniqueness and all of that but I don't think Chiara has the "x factor" at all which is the whole point of the show. There is nothing remarkable or unique or starlike about her and she is not competent to sing English songs so she has no chance outside of Italy.

The duet on the show was lovely because they have a genuine affection for one another but this recording is awful. In any case it seems like a gimmick to make this song about one person who is lonely and regretful looking back on a lost love into a duet. If you're going to do a duet Underwater would have made more sense because it sounds like the love is mutual and not one sided. This is why I can't stand all this pandering to local markets. There is no integrity in it. The song should be the priority and not trying to sell records at all costs. This song doesn't have the same meaning as a duet. It doesn't make sense.