MIKA @ Glasgow's ABC (UK) 16 December 2012-- Cancelled!

dcdeb

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like just the place, just need to see if they are good with us coming in late :naughty:

Well, I went to the cinema and we came back a bit after midnight. The woman at the reception told us to ring so that they come & open the frontdoor for us. ;) The reception is open 24h/24 ~

Well, I went to the cinema and we came back a bit after midnight. The woman at the reception told us to ring so that they come & open the frontdoor for us. ;) The reception is open 24h/24 ~

That's good, as I think on both nights we'll be a bit later than midnight ^_^

I trust you will come to party with us on the Saturday night :wink2:

We only have a Sunday night pass I'm afraid!!

Wahoo!:yay: great news!

cheers kath. What items will you be buying in bulk this time I wonder??!

tah dah! - mikaticsglasgow.jpg

how fast did you get those?????!!

how fast did you get those?????!!

i dont have them as im still hoping for guesties for the gig ... however my mates works for a ticket company & he`s put 2 by for me just incase he cant get me freebies so i popped into his shop n took a pic of them.

We only have a Sunday night pass I'm afraid!!

cheers kath. What items will you be buying in bulk this time I wonder!

lol! I am past all of that now:wink2:

Tbh I doubt that I will be able to manage Saturday night either. I will try but if I do manage to get to the roundhouse on the Thursday I doubt that I will be able to manage three nights off in one week. I hate my lost freedom :tears:

Thanks for posting the pic of the ticket Sheena :thumb_yello:

aye right ... i bet your in yer bed by midnight ya auld fogy :naughty:

Are you kidding?

Last time I was in Glasgow for 2 nights, the night before the gig we didn't get back to our room before 5am.:wink2:

I've just booked Joeee and I into the Holiday Inn Express (Theatreland) for £49 for a twin room with hot buffet breakfast. It's just across the road from the Concert Hall off Renfrew Street. Just incase anyone's still looking. :thumb_yello:

I've just booked Joeee and I into the Holiday Inn Express (Theatreland) for £49 for a twin room with hot buffet breakfast. It's just across the road from the Concert Hall off Renfrew Street. Just incase anyone's still looking. :thumb_yello:

That sounds like a bargain!

I'm a bit worried about what the weather will be like in December (more from the travel perspective than anything else). How likely is snow at that time of year?

Well, since the bad winters started in 2009 I would say anything could happen tbh. The night that we went to see The Scissor Sisters in Dec 2010 was appaling. The gig was almost cancelled as travel was so difficult. Abby wrote her car off earlier that day.:shocked: But of course, without a crystal ball it is very difficult to predict. As you would be on the train you would be safer - although over the last couple of winters some services have been cancelled due to the weather. But once in Glasgow everywhere would be walking distance.

Did you know that due to the mad ticket pricing on trains, it's cheaper for me to go to Glasgow via London (50 miles away), even though I can go direct from Reading? :blink:

The trains are mad aren't they! It's often the case the non direct route is MUCH cheaper:aah:

re weather - it's not USUALLY snowing in December - well it was the last 2 years but!!:sneaky2: i reckon it will be fine and as Kath says - once you get to Glasgow it's ok! go for it - don't worry about the weather now!:wink2:

Did you know that due to the mad ticket pricing on trains, it's cheaper for me to go to Glasgow via London (50 miles away), even though I can go direct from Reading? :blink:

Doesn't surprise me. Madness.

The trains are mad aren't they! It's often the case the non direct route is MUCH cheaper:aah:

re weather - it's not USUALLY snowing in December - well it was the last 2 years but!!:sneaky2: i reckon it will be fine and as Kath says - once you get to Glasgow it's ok! go for it - don't worry about the weather now!:wink2:

But that's her job! :shocked:

Update on trains: now they have released the advance tickets, there aren't any bargain ones for when I need to travel (either route). Apparently "there is a high demand for tickets during the Christmas season so discounts are not always available" :sneaky2:

Update on trains: now they have released the advance tickets, there aren't any bargain ones for when I need to travel (either route). Apparently "there is a high demand for tickets during the Christmas season so discounts are not always available" :sneaky2:

Hmmmm.....................not good. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
ok am thinking about this - trying to find out if its actually do-able and affordable.... know that i need more than just roundhouse to look forward to this year ;)

Fingers crossed for you :thumb_yello:

ok am thinking about this - trying to find out if its actually do-able and affordable.... know that i need more than just roundhouse to look forward to this year ;)

The train fare is expensive, but I could offer you a share in a hotel room, if that helps.