MIKA @ Glasgow's ABC (UK) 16 December 2012-- Cancelled!

dcdeb

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear.... that's not good :tears:

Sad for everyone who was going...

was Wendi going to this one?

Sigh... i hope he gets well soon. No one likes to see Mika sick :no:

Yes Wendi was going to this one, was looking forward to seeing her and others again :tears: as well as MIka:wub2:

oh dear.... that's not good :tears:

Sad for everyone who was going...

was Wendi going to this one?

Sigh... i hope he gets well soon. No one likes to see Mika sick :no:

Yes. Wendi is gutted. :tears:

hell yeah!!! thats more like it :naughty:

somehow cant see Scotland having another gig in the near future though:sneaky2:

Me neither. :no: it would have been nice to have had the truth though wouldn't it.:mf_rosetinted:

awww whit man ... gutted ... but not suprised after my mate telling me that he hasnt sold many tickets ... oh well at least i saw scritti politti last night.

I thought that we would maybe get the true story via your mate.:mf_rosetinted::wink2::sneaky2:

Just posted some of this in the Oldlings but will put it here too for what it's worth.

It's not for me that I am really sad/mad about it- I am going to London. It's for everyone else who only had the one gig and who either haven't seen him for a long time or not at all. And for everyone who has spent a lot of money on it.

I know it isn't easy to put your hands up and say ' I am really sorry but this gig hasn't sold as well as we had hoped' but I think people would have respected that more. To come out with some rubbish about laryngitis but to perform either side of it elsewhere just adds insult to injury. It if was a genuine cancellation due to sickness it would have been rescheduled . I am not saying that he isn't ill - but you are either well enough to perform or you aren't . It shouldn't be geographical.

A more truthful statement would have been - ' he has to cut his singing commitments and as this gig has not sold well its the one that gets the chop.'

But realistically that's not commercial is it.

I still think he could just arrange a little get together for mfcers where he could just on a stool and chat.:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by kath

A more truthful statement would have been - ' he has to cut his singing commitments and as this gig has not sold well its the one that gets the chop.'

There have been a couple of gigs in the past that have been cancelled probably due to this reason - or for whatever reason. But I think it's an abuse of trust to blame it on illness, especially a threat to his continued ability to sing. I think when you are cancelling on people at the 11th hour you should be seeking forgiveness, not guilt tripping them. If you can't be 100% honest because "that's not commercial" then just be vague.

The people who were going to the gig are going to be disappointed no matter what the reason but as a fan who is otherwise completely removed from it I still find this disappointing. Seeing fans worrying over him, etc. - it's not right. It's manipulating people who believe what they are told and frustrating those of us who don't.

Having said that I know his voice is not up to par. We could all hear it for weeks. It must be stressful and frustrating and physically taxing trying to get through any of these performances - whether it's X Factor or a gig that hasn't sold especially well. I do understand that and I would hope that everyone does. I hope he is able to properly recover after Iceland.

There have been a couple of gigs in the past that have been cancelled probably due to this reason - or for whatever reason. But I think it's an abuse of trust to blame it on illness, especially a threat to his continued ability to sing. I think when you are cancelling on people at the 11th hour you should be seeking forgiveness, not guilt tripping them. If you can't be 100% honest because "that's not commercial" then just be vague.

The people who were going to the gig are going to be disappointed no matter what the reason but as a fan who is otherwise completely removed from it I still find this disappointing. Seeing fans worrying over him, etc. - it's not right. It's manipulating people who believe what they are told and frustrating those of us who don't.

Having said that I know his voice is not up to par. We could all hear it for weeks. It must be stressful and frustrating and physically taxing trying to get through any of these performances - whether it's X Factor or a gig that hasn't sold especially well. I do understand that and I would hope that everyone does. I hope he is able to properly recover after Iceland.

Just posted some of this in the Oldlings but will put it here too for what it's worth.

It's not for me that I am really sad/mad about it- I am going to London. It's for everyone else who only had the one gig and who either haven't seen him for a long time or not at all. And for everyone who has spent a lot of money on it.

I know it isn't easy to put your hands up and say ' I am really sorry but this gig hasn't sold as well as we had hoped' but I think people would have respected that more. To come out with some rubbish about laryngitis but to perform either side of it elsewhere just adds insult to injury. It if was a genuine cancellation due to sickness it would have been rescheduled . I am not saying that he isn't ill - but you are either well enough to perform or you aren't . It shouldn't be geographical.

I still think he could just arrange a little get together for mfcers where he could just on a stool and chat.:mf_rosetinted:

Yes you have both written this more eloquently than i- but it is still pish! :doh:

Well i'm london bound now and i'll have fun i'm sure but this gig was going to be extra special i had hoped for lots of reasons ...... shame it got the chop!

Get better Mika :blush-anim-cl:

I was mulling all this over as I fell asleep last night and thought that the 3 gigs combined must be less than 5000 tickets and that he hasn't played here (as in his own gig) for over 2years.

If he can't sell enough tickets for a small gig in Glasgow just after an album coming out then the situation is really bad. :blink:

Before coming on here I too was thinking that the illness was a way of canceling it without needing to admit the low ticket sales. A bit like Kath said, we'd all gather round a campfire to see him perform....we don't need other people there to pad it out!! :naughty:

Then the choir situation is really bugging me. I guessed the second I saw it cancelled that the Glasgow audtionees would get a chance to go to another gig but I thought they would have picked the choir by now and just offer those people another gig (even if the choir was a bit on the large size!!) but clearly, they haven't even picked them yet and now no-one will find out until the morning of the gig.

I don't want it to sound precious but if I'm going to be performing on stage tomorrow night I'd like to be able to prepare myself!

I still wonder if the morning deadline is to see how his voice is after tonight and then if Manchester gets cancelled, he doesn't have to 'let down' those chosen for the choir too.

I said it yesterday....I hate that I'm feeling angry and frustrated about potentially doing the thing I've dreamt of for years....singing on stage with Mika. :blink:

It's such a shame that all this has over shadowed that...........

Won't quote as I also London bound and on the way to the airport but I agree with you Christine. Reading comments of sympathy for him in other threads is slightly nauseating. Don't get me wrong - I do feel sorry for him - and I know he is struggling - as you say, we have been seeing it for weeks. But just one look at his schedual over the last few months - and knowing what we know from previous years, unfortunately it was probably foreseeable.

And Vicky - I agree, complete pish :tears:

Well Glasgow must be the easiest one to cancel. We can guess it withoyt saying. Someone said Manchester is sold out like London so it's natural to cancel the one not selling so well if something needs to be cancelled. It also means less traveling and he can have the weekend off and rest. He didn't look ill last night compared to earlier but we can hear he is very careful with his voice. Really hope everything goes well tonight, he was so looking forward to Roundhouse.

Very sorry for everyone on the gig list :huglove: I have no idea what to do now, i have everything booked via Glasgow. Need to make some new plans today.

I don't want it to sound precious but if I'm going to be performing on stage tomorrow night I'd like to be able to prepare myself!

I still wonder if the morning deadline is to see how his voice is after tonight and then if Manchester gets cancelled, he doesn't have to 'let down' those chosen for the choir too.

I said it yesterday....I hate that I'm feeling angry and frustrated about potentially doing the thing I've dreamt of for years....singing on stage with Mika. :blink:

It's such a shame that all this has over shadowed that...........

They have been picking many of the choirs at the last minute so I wouldn't read too much into that. Sometimes people are picked from the queue! :aah:

All these pre gig issues are frustrating but I would imagine if you end up in the choir nothing is going to overshadow it when you look back afterwards.

Well Glasgow must be the easiest one to cancel. We can guess it withoyt saying. Someone said Manchester is sold out like London so it's natural to cancel the one not selling so well if something needs to be cancelled. It also means less traveling and he can have the weekend off and rest. He didn't look ill last night compared to earlier but we can hear he is very careful with his voice. Really hope everything goes well tonight, he was so looking forward to Roundhouse.

Very sorry for everyone on the gig list :huglove: I have no idea what to do now, i have everything booked via Glasgow. Need to make some new plans today.

Yes but that's the whole point isn't it unfortunately. It's blattenly obvious why this one has been chosen but we haven't been told the truth.:sneaky2:

Good luck with trying to get your arrangements sorted Nina.:huglove:

I was mulling all this over as I fell asleep last night and thought that the 3 gigs combined must be less than 5000 tickets and that he hasn't played here (as in his own gig) for over 2years.

If he can't sell enough tickets for a small gig in Glasgow just after an album coming out then the situation is really bad. :blink:

Before coming on here I too was thinking that the illness was a way of canceling it without needing to admit the low ticket sales. A bit like Kath said, we'd all gather round a campfire to see him perform....we don't need other people there to pad it out!! :naughty:

Then the choir situation is really bugging me. I guessed the second I saw it cancelled that the Glasgow audtionees would get a chance to go to another gig but I thought they would have picked the choir by now and just offer those people another gig (even if the choir was a bit on the large size!!) but clearly, they haven't even picked them yet and now no-one will find out until the morning of the gig.

I think my phone has just done something odd with this quote but just wanted to say fingers crossed for you- and the bit about preparing yourself had me laughing out loud on the train!

Well Glasgow must be the easiest one to cancel. We can guess it withoyt saying.

Some people take things very literally and believe what they are told. You can see it in the comments and it bothers me if that trust is being abused to save face. I mean there are plenty of fans out there who used to worry about him dating Ida so don't tell them he's in danger of losing his voice unless it's absolutely what is going on here. And if it is that serious a threat then for heavenssake stop singing until it is sorted out! :aah: When Mika was seriously ill in December 2007 he wasn't speaking at all and he cancelled two gigs in London because he had no choice.

Some people take things very literally and believe what they are told. You can see it in the comments and it bothers me if that trust is being abused to save face. I mean there are plenty of fans out there who used to worry about him dating Ida so don't tell them he's in danger of losing his voice unless it's absolutely what is going on here. And if it is that serious a threat then for heavenssake stop singing until it is sorted out! :aah: When Mika was seriously ill in December 2007 he wasn't speaking at all and he cancelled two gigs in London because he had no choice.

I'm worried about his voice for real and think he needs to rest it. If any of these gigs is not selling enough he can just cancel without explaining, he has done that before too. So this time Glasgow was probably just the easiest one. I can hear he is careful with his voice so the most important thing is to take care of it and rest even if it means canceling something, imo.

I'm worried about his voice for real and think he needs to rest it. If any of these gigs is not selling enough he can just cancel without explaining, he has done that before too. So this time Glasgow was probably just the easiest one. I can hear he is careful with his voice so the most important thing is to take care of it and rest even if it means canceling something, imo.

I totally agree that he should cancel things for the sake of his voice or his health, but he hasn't has he? He sang last night and he's singing tonight. I am not unsympathetic at all but those of us who were around in 2007 have seen this before and it just went from bad to worse. The half assed explanations making people angry. The half assed cancellations leading to even worse illness. I hope he has nothing planned for a long time and that dragging things out for another week is not putting him at risk.

Anyway I hope you can sort out your travel Nina and everything goes well for the rest of your trip.

Yes, it's not exactly the best way to get people onside. I just got my email confirming the cancellation which states 'will not be rescheduled ' :tears: horrible to see it in black and white. Really sad.