MIKA @ Glasgow's ABC (UK) 16 December 2012-- Cancelled!

dcdeb

Empathy for the affected fans. MIKA MUST protect his velvet voice.

At the end of the day, fans want to enjoy MIKA performances for years

and years to come.

I agree with your point Alice, but isn't like shutting the door after the horse has bolted?

The time to do that was when his voice was gone in Europe surely?

Those last 2 gigs was when he should have protected his voice. This is like 2007 all over again.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted doesn't even begin to describe how i'm feeling. While i do appreciate Mika has had probs with his throat/voice i dont get why only Glasgow gig cancelled!! and BOTH England gigs and Reykjavik going ahead. Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes but really dissapointed .

I agree with your point Alice, but isn't like shutting the door after the horse has bolted?

Those last 2 gigs was when he should have protected his voice. This is like 2007 all over again.

Couldn't agree more Rose : (

Gutted doesn't even begin to describe how i'm feeling. While i do appreciate Mika has had probs with his throat/voice i dont get why only Glasgow gig cancelled!! and BOTH England gigs and Reykjavik going ahead. Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes but really dissapointed .

Anybody know how well the concert sold? Perhaps that have had a factor in why only this gig was cancelled?

Unfortunately I have to go with the view that this one was chosen to be cancelled as it had the worst sales - it would have been rescheduled otherwise rather than vague promises.

So sad. And so sorry for everyone who only had this gig to look forward to - two of my party included.

Those last 2 gigs was when he should have protected his voice.

This is like 2007 all over again.

I don't know.

Seems it's happened to

some of the best . . .

Celine-Dion-sarbatoreste-25-de-ani-de-cariera.jpg

and . . .

Adele5-e1297903165347.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

I think so too... He shouldn't have sung in Bordeaux & Nantes but he did. And he hasn't really been able to rest ever since the end of the European tour. :'/

I'm sooo sorry for everyone that was planning to go :(

I was really excited for this gig even if I couldn't come and I really hope he'll be back asap in Scotland... Of course, health comes first but... Maybe it'd have been better to reschedule the whole UK tour... Cancelling ONE gig is really weird. :'/

It'd be great if he could sing again at the Fringe like he already did a few years ago :')

I think that's the thing isn't it - just to chose one to cancel - in the middle of other gigs just raises suspicions. And it wouldn't be quite as bad if it were actually rescheduled but it isn't .

So sorry for all those who have spent a lot of money on travel and hotels.:huglove:

Anybody know how well the concert sold? Perhaps that have had a factor in why only this gig was cancelled?

It wasn't a sold out show..that's all I know.

Thats what i was thinking Luke as i know it wasnt sold out

Unfortunately I have to go with the view that this one was chosen to be cancelled as it had the worst sales - it would have been rescheduled otherwise rather than vague promises.

So sad. And so sorry for everyone who only had this gig to look forward to - two of my party included.

I think it will have been a major factor.

It's hard not to be bitter when there seems to be more to things than meet the eye. When he's cancelled before they've given new dates but, as Kath said, this is just a refund and "Mika 'hopes' to be back in Scotland in the New year".

I have to say though that the statement also said " the other gigs are still 'scheduled' to go ahead"....not that they WILL go ahead.

I really won't be surprised if the Manchester gig gets cancelled on Friday if Mika's still struggling with his throat after the Roundhouse gig.

The biggest shame for me is the excitement about the choir....even if the other gigs go ahead...will he just be going through the motions and want to rush off instead of having fun with the people in the choirs like they did in Europe?

It's just not a good situation all round. It's winter (again) so the travel and queuing are always a nightmare and then there's the colds/coughs/flus that do the rounds.

If he tours the UK in the winter there's always these risks. (I don't know why I'm spouting words of wisdom...I booked a non-refundable hotel for Jo and I on Sunday!!) :aah:

I also think it puts the choosing of the Manchester choir on hold which is killing me!!!!!! :sneaky2:

I think it will have been a major factor.

It's hard not to be bitter when there seems to be more to things than meet the eye. When he's cancelled before they've given new dates but, as Kath said, this is just a refund and "Mika 'hopes' to be back in Scotland in the New year".

I have to say though that the statement also said " the other gigs are still 'scheduled' to go ahead"....not that they WILL go ahead.

I really won't be surprised if the Manchester gig gets cancelled on Friday if Mika's still struggling with his throat after the Roundhouse gig.

The biggest shame for me is the excitement about the choir....even if the other gigs go ahead...will he just be going through the motions and want to rush off instead of having fun with the people in the choirs like they did in Europe?

It's just not a good situation all round. It's winter (again) so the travel and queuing are always a nightmare and then there's the colds/coughs/flus that do the rounds.

If he tours the UK in the winter there's always these risks. (I don't know why I'm spouting words of wisdom...I booked a non-refundable hotel for Jo and I on Sunday!!) :aah:

I also think it puts the choosing of the Manchester choir on hold which is killing me!!!!!! :sneaky2:

Yes tbh I thought that about the other gigs too:mf_rosetinted: fingers crossed.

I think that's the thing isn't it - just to chose one to cancel - in the middle of other gigs just raises suspicions. And it wouldn't be quite as bad if it were actually rescheduled but it isn't .

So sorry for all those who have spent a lot of money on travel and hotels.:huglove:

My dad is saying he probably actually cancelled it due to it not selling well or as he said got a better deal elsewhere.

My dad is saying he probably actually cancelled it due to it not selling well or as he said got a better deal elsewhere.

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that but I think the better selling ones have been prioritised and Glasgow got the short straw:aah: but as Vix says - Manchester and/or Reykjavik may also suffer after the Roundhouse.

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that but I think the better selling ones have been prioritised and Glasgow got the short straw:aah: but as Vix says - Manchester and/or Reykjavik may also suffer after the Roundhouse.

Aha my dad only said that cos he thought something like this would happen that and he doesn't like Mika much. True. Oh well.

Yes that's what he was doing in 2007, limping along by choosing the most important appearances/gigs but eventually he ran himself into the ground and ended up cancelling London which would have been a huge priority at that time.

It's really not an effective way to deal with this issue if he needs complete rest to recover. Even the 6 weeks he took off after the summer of 2007 weren't enough. And I think he was truly off at that time. No pimping ugly pianos. :mf_rosetinted:

Aha my dad only said that cos he thought something like this would happen that and he doesn't like Mika much. True. Oh well.

Yes - I know - and we don't want him to be right do we!

Yes that's what he was doing in 2007, limping along by choosing the most important appearances/gigs but eventually he ran himself into the ground and ended up cancelling London which would have been a huge priority at that time.

It's really not an effective way to deal with this issue if he needs complete rest to recover. Even the 6 weeks he took off after the summer of 2007 weren't enough. And I think he was truly off at that time. No pimping ugly pianos. :mf_rosetinted:

Quite :mf_rosetinted:

Well ... whatever the reason was, I just hope his voice will not suffer too much from the other gigs and that he will recover completely. :crossed:

You are being very magnanimous. In your position I would be spitting feathers:huglove:

I'm so sorry for everyone that was going to go there, especially for those who had only this chance to see him :sad:

I agree with all of you who say that she shouldn't have done some of the last european dates, or at least he had to cancel some promotional events ot tv shows and take some rest..