Webster Hall, New York USA, October 16, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

Blue Sky

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my short gig report cuz most ppl described the awesomeness of this gig better than i ever could:

i got there w Nas at 2 or smth and so ended up front row on the side w/ Curtis and Tim. on the 15th Mika was even more amazing than i could've dreamed but incredibly he got even MORE amazing on the 16th. i thought maybe the gig was better for me cuz i was closer but others agree he was much more animated and confident. Mika kept coming up and standing smack dab in front of me, within grabbing distance but i resisted the urge to touch and by touch i mean yank down his pants. i never fully appreciated Tim until Big Girl, whoa! otherwise i didn't really notice the band or the choir too much, except when Mika was behind his big piano playing Billy Brown cuz all i could see of him was his tiny head or when they were right in front of me and i couldn't not look at them :teehee: oops sorry band and choir, you were awesome when i did look at you!

afterward one of the roadies gave me Mika's setlist :mikalove: he signed it at the m&g and i gave him a little gift. he looked at it (a stuffed corn that said Nebraska on it) and said smth about Nebraska but when he lightly grabbed my arm and pulled me closer for the pic i guess i got too excited and exactly he said left my brain forever... anybody remember please please please?

it was great to meet all you MFCers! sorry i was so shy but i look forward to our next Mika gig together :D

pics to follow once they load...

I found this and this user has a few more wonderful vids

[YOUTUBE]VAYuPQ8B3Zw&feature=BFa&list=ULju5XmUHbzQQ[/YOUTUBE]

This is probably going to sound a bit nuts or braggy but this was just about the most amazing moment I've ever experienced at a gig so I have to talk about it. Just before the "I said I love you" line Mika looked at me and we started singing to each other. Mika always gives eye contact and especially so at this gig. I swear to you he sang the whole of Underwater just to Deb. it was wild. :roftl:

Anyway this was not eye contact, it was a MOMENT. Even Suzy's husband could see it happening from the balcony. We sang to each other and then he put the mic out for us to sing. After a moment he looked over me and could see everyone singing and broke out into a laugh. It was so wonderful to see his reaction. He was so happy because of the iTunes charting and giddy that everyone was singing his new songs in New York.

Thanks so much for posting that Sabine and of course to whoever filmed it if they are here. It almost makes me cry watching it again where he laughs. (Okay actually it does a little bit, I blame it on the lack of sleep :blush-anim-cl:).

It broke my heart a little when I heard that story about Sheffield and only 5 people responding that they bought the album. This was the exact opposite of that and I was so proud and happy for him. Still am.

:fangurl:

This is probably going to sound a bit nuts or braggy but this was just about the most amazing moment I've ever experienced at a gig so I have to talk about it. Just before the "I said I love you" line Mika looked at me and we started singing to each other. Mika always gives eye contact and especially so at this gig. I swear to you he sang the whole of Underwater just to Deb. it was wild. :roftl:

Anyway this was not eye contact, it was a MOMENT. Even Suzy's husband could see it happening from the balcony. We sang to each other and then he put the mic out for us to sing. After a moment he looked over me and could see everyone singing and broke out into a laugh. It was so wonderful to see his reaction. He was so happy because of the iTunes charting and giddy that everyone was singing his new songs in New York.

Thanks so much for posting that Sabine and of course to whoever filmed it if they are here. It almost makes me cry watching it again where he laughs. (Okay actually it does a little bit, I blame it on the lack of sleep :blush-anim-cl:).

It broke my heart a little when I heard that story about Sheffield and only 5 people responding that they bought the album. This was the exact opposite of that and I was so proud and happy for him. Still am.

awwww Thanks so much for sharing Christine :wub2: I'm reading your report and crying :tears: this must have been so moving :wub2: :wub2::wub2::wub2:

i took some vids too but they're mostly just short clips. the only one longer than 1 min is the one with this laugh at the start. i'll post it once i upload it cuz it's from a diff angle...

here's a few of my pics, i have more if ppl want to see them...

100_3752_zps66f17c2c.jpg

100_3790_zps1ca4f02b.jpg

100_3779_zpsb96c3997.jpg

100_3768_zps7385f2cc.jpg

100_3760_zpsaf6b98e8.jpg

100_3800_zps5736686d.jpg

100_3805_zps2583b9ae.jpg

i didnt take pics of him when he came close cuz i was screaming and reaching out too much to trust my camera-holding skills, or during most of my fave songs cuz i was too busy fangurling my brains out :teehee:

Fangurling Princess Fokker is not everyday's stuff! :naughty:

:naughty: indeed, I was halfway through the post when I scrolled back up to check if it really was Christine who wrote it :teehee: I'm happy for you Christine, you can fangurl all you want

He did get a jumping pic!!

Thanks for posting Suzy, they're amazing! :wub2:

I was just going to say the exact same thing! I thought Ryan said he didn't get a jump! But he sure did! I think I want all of Ryan's full size photos from this night! :wub2:

Oh wow. Now you made me tear up, Christine. It was simply amazing. Both Stardust and Underwater (which no one seems to have recorded! :sneaky2:). I mean, we were in the moment with him and he was mouthing the words to the songs as he was holding the microphone in front of us, and we were singing them back to him. I can't even explain it. We were standing in essentially the same spot on Monday night, but I think he was so focused and a bit nervous since it was opening night, that he didn't even notice that we were singing then, too. Tuesday he was, as you said, giddy and so excited about the iTunes chart that he could relax a little and really look around. In any case, both shows were special in their own way, but I think Tuesday's will always be... well, I can't imagine anything ever being better than that. As I said afterward, as he was singing Underwater I started wondering how I could possibly get to Chicago... :blush-anim-cl:

Fangurling Princess Fokker is not everyday's stuff! :naughty:

tell me one thing: could you feel Mika has changed in better? more frank, more sympathetic? I feel this, and I was not there.

I'm not sure I know what you mean, Robi. Do I think he's better than ever?

Absolutely. But more sympathetic? I've always found him to be very warm and open, so I don't know :dunno:

What I do know is that I was up until 4 a.m. again this morning watching all the videos I could find from the last two days because I just don't want the feeling to end. :fangurl:

I really can't add much more about Mika's performance than what has already been said, that basically, he was freakin' amazing! AGAIN! Lots of eye contact, a great vibe and connection with his fans.

I figure this picture taken by my hubby would be something I can add instead:

8098743448_7f870609c0.jpg

:wub2:

ahhhh I was just speechless that entire time!

great pic!

Fantastic pics and reports ... I'm so so proud of him ... and for all of you for giving him this/these moments ... I don't know what the hell is going on in the UK regarding Mika ... I feel so bad about the Sheffield thing too ... this kind of reaction is what he deserves ... he's so so talented ... I just wish others would see it ... :fangurl:

Fantastic pics and reports ... I'm so so proud of him ... and for all of you for giving him this/these moments ... I don't know what the hell is going on in the UK regarding Mika ... I feel so bad about the Sheffield thing too ... this kind of reaction is what he deserves ... he's so so talented ... I just wish others would see it ... :fangurl:

He did pick up some new fans in Sheffield Laurel, so i'm sure they will be buying the album, one woman was really fangurling, cant think why:teehee::mikalove:

He did pick up some new fans in Sheffield Laurel, so i'm sure they will be buying the album, one woman was really fangurling, cant think why:teehee::mikalove:

Well that's just it .... when you do see him you get it ... I remember going to see Franz years ago and speaking to some fans that I liked Mika now ... and some of those I'd spoken too had seen Mika at V2007 and had really really enjoyed him - he's amazing live ... he just seems to win you over ... :wub2:

Indeed... I can't understand what's happening in the UK... I used to think Uk was THE place for non-mainstream music to blossom but it seems like it's the opposite and it's too bad, really... :blink:

Leona Lewis is N°1 at the moment on Itunes (UK), that could be worse (remember this awful song that was a hit a month ago in UK...) but well, it's horrible to see how quick she could get n*1 while Mika struggles to be in the top-30 T__T