Webster Hall, New York USA, October 16, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

Blue Sky

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK just a few photos before I hit the sack. No videos -- the few I thought I had didn't turn out well at all. The light was so bad, and as far as photography is concerned there IS such a thing as being too close.

Anyhow, here's the setlist:

375884_10152166821095321_1344970325_n.jpg

and a few random photos

550382_10152166820810321_344915767_n.jpg

269839_10152166820850321_1545286020_n.jpg

254704_10152166820910321_1492483165_n.jpg

69099_10152166820935321_964923882_n.jpg

561740_10152166820995321_127161181_n.jpg

524946_10152166821045321_190864885_n.jpg

247291_10152166821125321_2323070_n.jpg

230975_10152166821150321_378946478_n.jpg

Could you tell me which camera you used for this gig ? :)

I'm having some trouble with mine when it comes to indoors gigs ;S I can't find back the HQ mode I had used last summer ><

We didn't get pizza, Natalie -- we went to a place that served a little bit of everything. Sorry you couldn't join us!

And as for the show tonight? Well, what can I say? Would you believe me if I told you that it was just as good as last night? Even BETTER than last night? :swoon: Well, in some ways it was! Mika was so happy about getting his ass to #1 on iTunes, he just about exploded with jubilation. I couldn't take too many videos because, once again, we ended up in the front row, and Mika was looking right at us, asking us to sing and, well, it would have been rude NOT to! :naughty: I thought I recorded a better version of Stardust, but as I was recording, Mika looked at me and extended the microphone toward me and I just thought :hypo:

So I turned the camera off and sang. Sorry guys. :blush-anim-cl:

Set list was the same as last night -- alas, no Overrated or Step with Me as he had hinted at the night before.

But everything else was fantastic so how can you quibble?

I'll try to get a few photos up and maybe one video, we'll see how long I can go before the adrenalin runs out.

Fuller reports on both night to come once I get back home tomorrow... unless I decide to go to Chicago on Thursday. :aah:

I'm glad you guys enjoy it and wished I was there. I hope because of the iTunes success he might decide to come back this way and actually spend sometime with you guys.

I'm just looking at airfares now -- they're a little steep on such short notice.

I wonder if my husband would mind if I used his frequent flyer miles to go to Chicago to see Mika while he's away in Singapore... :naughty:

Well, I was seriously considering Iceland as our anniversary/Christmas present... :wink2:

You got booked yet? :wink2:

back home and really tired but wound up so will try a report :aah:

yes, it was better than the first day as impossible as that seems! there were moments of zen calmness, incredulousness, exhaustion from jumping too hard, mirth and sheer bliss. i think we alll felt like we were getting a personal concert because we were so close and there was so much interaction:wub2: i didn't even feel the need to watch him all the time, i was just in a dancing zone sometimes (and yes there was space to actually move not just jump up and down) :aah: Webster hall is a fabulous venue and the crowd both days were amazing!

ok so you know the setlist - so glad he's started back opening with relax btw...he looked positively blissful as he opened - the kind of happiness that normally makes ppl say 'somebody got some' :naughty: the opening act had some roses as part of this voodoo like setup they have going :aah: and at the end i wanted to grab them but was not directly in front of them, however another MFCer did (i'm so sorry i forgot ur name - blame lack of sleep :() and she shared a bunch with me. she was goin to give him her bigger bunch but i thought i'd just shower him in the petals of my bunch :teehee: so i distributed some petals and we waited for the right time, which was during stardust...it worked out perfectly and i thought the petals looked nice on the floor after :aah:

the polka dot choir had a more polished routine this time, though i nearly had a heart attack when he decided to lay down on a few of them, i mean he doesn't weigh much but laying on the tummies of ppl is a potentially medically hazardous thing for the ppl you're laying on :aah:

we also turned the tables on him during LT where he normally shoots max...instead of letting max go on, the crowd kept singin doom da da di da di so he killed max as well as himself :teehee:

i saw perez hilton this time and he looked like he was having a ball!

the little meet and greet afterwards was quick but nice...there should be a group pic soon :wink2:

Night #2 at Webster Hall NYC...........

Somehow more perfect than night #1?

This might have been due to queueing which - we had learned - didn't have to start til around 11am. Today was so, so low key. A little cold but no anxiety about invisible tickets! I got to chat to some of the polka dot choir who were back around 3:30 to soundcheck. They were pretty pumped up and were obviously amazing for the second night -but more on that later. Blurry photo pre-show (Ryan has a better one!)

20121016_181447_zps713f5446.jpg

Around 5 they switched the direction of the line around but there was no problem. We saw the band walk in but Mika and family must have snuck in, because we never saw them! A little after 7 we walked in the front doors and, smooth as can be, got to the stage.

If it's possible the barrier was CLOSER tonight. I set some of my stuff on the stage before the show started- because I could! The crowd was pretty excited but not as pumped up when the openers came on. Their set was fun again but the sound was a little messed up so it was hard to hear... But they seem to have an unlimited supply of kazoos!

Tip to the Chicago/later tour audience: once "Waterfalls" by TLC starts playing, Mika is nigh .... yep, the band walked on and started Relax and out bounces the gorgeous master. Even though the crowd wasn't as loud, Mika was INSANE, he was WILD - SO MUCH ENERGY. Yep, he told us that he was in a ridiculously good mood and you could tell.

Honestly. I thought Monday night we had tons of energy and eye contact. That was nothing. Mana and I actually checked behind us to see if there was a hot blonde guy!! He wouldn't leave us alone! It was FANTASTIC. Popular was so fun tonight - you could hear him better and he was more comfortable. Underwater live is OUT OF THIS WORLD, and Love You When I'm Drunk had everyone going WILD. That song is super fun live. Also, I'm falling in love with the acoustic Stardust (I'm pretty sure it was in my dream last night). The set was the same as Monday but I can't complain. It was phenomenal.

Polka dot choir was caught up in the energy as well and much more comfortable tonight. Their dance moves/antics/Mika-led pilates really added a lot to the show. I'll stop blabbing. Here's what it was like:

A few pics ....

IMG_0511_zps678d0579.jpg

IMG_0504_zps2463dab4.jpg

IMG_0499_zpsf465cf79.jpg

Not a great pic but you can see how CLOSE we were:

IMG_0506_zpsf623bd6d.jpg

Thank you to Deb and Team Mika for the short but sweet M&G after! How lovely! And thanks to the official MFC photographer Ryan - can't wait to see the pictures :naughty:

I'm just going to say it - Webster Hall on October 16th, 2012 was perfect. Thank you Mika. :wub2:

Let me go PMD now :naughty:

aww great report superstar, thanks! :flowers2:

so, that setlist that was posted on the first page, was it correct this time? and on the first night he played that order of songs as well, and not like it was on the first setlist? (for example WAG as the last song instead of lollipop)

I'm home now, and contemplating my report... but in the meantime...

Just want to say how lovely it was to see some of the MFCers whom I have come to know only through shared "Mikaxperiences." Perhaps next NYC show I'll be in the front row with you!

Joanne it was great to see you again! In 2013, when Mika returns, I expect you in the front row beside me! :thumb_yello:

You're telling me... #crotchcam :teehee:

I thought of you several times, Luke -- I have several photos and videos that rival your crotchcam, unintentionally, I swear -- it's just that we were so close, and looking straight up at him! I definitely COULD have zoomed in on his boogers if I'd wanted to. :naughty:

Could you tell me which camera you used for this gig ? :)

I'm having some trouble with mine when it comes to indoors gigs ;S I can't find back the HQ mode I had used last summer ><

I used my good old Panasonic Lumix DMZ-ZS7. It's a few years old, but I

think those who have the newer models are just as happy with theirs. It takes great video. :thumb_yello:

I'm glad you guys enjoy it and wished I was there. I hope because of the iTunes success he might decide to come back this way and actually spend sometime with you guys.

It's a shame you couldn't make the second night, Lucy -- it was even more amazing, truly -- don't know how he managed that, but it was fabulous.

You got booked yet?

:( I've given up the idea. It's way too expensive, too short notice. I'll take that thousand dollars and apply it to an Iceland trip. :naughty:

I'm just going to say it - Webster Hall on October 16th, 2012 was perfect. Thank you Mika.

Let me go PMD now :naughty:

:(

But we did have one night of perfection! :wub2:

Also: footage from a girl who I don't think is on MFC but has some great stuff. This video is really fun -

That video is fabulous! Thanks to Maria! If you listen around 1:05 when Mika extends the microphone down, you can hear me singing a bit -- and he laughs because we all knew the song already, even though the album had just been released that day in the US.

aww great report superstar, thanks! :flowers2:

so, that setlist that was posted on the first page, was it correct this time? and on the first night he played that order of songs as well, and not like it was on the first setlist? (for example WAG as the last song instead of lollipop)

I have to double check on the order... He ended with WAG, so yeah -- even though the printed set list was different on Monday, this is the same set he did both nights. :thumb_yello:

Edited by dcdeb

I really can't add much more about Mika's performance than what has already been said, that basically, he was freakin' amazing! AGAIN! Lots of eye contact, a great vibe and connection with his fans.

I figure this picture taken by my hubby would be something I can add instead:

8098743448_7f870609c0.jpg

:wub2:

I have more of my husband's pictures to share. But now that I'm home, I don't have a lot of time...so I'll be posting a few tonight and more tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

8098851672_be08b0c7bf.jpg

8098851482_ee219a660b.jpg

8098841777_d04403323f.jpg

8098842705_86eac3a74b.jpg

I found this and this user has a few more wonderful vids

[YOUTUBE]VAYuPQ8B3Zw&feature=BFa&list=ULju5XmUHbzQQ[/YOUTUBE]

Those are fantastic videos! Stardust is just :swoon::mikalove:

And I think you see why at around :30 I put the camera away. He was motioning for us to sing, and then lowered the microphone -- he was so thrilled that we knew the song and lyrics already. :fangurl:

Thanks for the link Sabine! :thumb_yello:

I really can't add much more about Mika's performance than what has already been said, that basically, he was freakin' amazing! AGAIN! Lots of eye contact, a great vibe and connection with his fans.

I figure this picture taken by my hubby would be something I can add instead:

8098743448_7f870609c0.jpg

:wub2:

Thanks for posting, Suzy! And I'll try to be patient for the rest...

Here are my pics

Great photos! I didn't really get too many good ones of the choir -- yours turned out well! Thanks! :thumb_yello:

Edited by dcdeb

Thank you for your reports, and pictures, and the videos out there... They were great to read and watch and I'm really happy for all of you that you got to see this amazing gig :wub2:

Sorry I don't think many of us got videos so you're probably going to have to rely on random YouTube vids. I tweeted a few phone cam pics but even that was difficult because as Deb said he was so close and was interacting so much it seems ridiculous to try to be snapping pics or video instead of responding back. I mean obviously there are times when he goes off and isn't so close but it's a weird paradox that when he is close enough to get a great photo or intimate video you don't want to have your camera in the way. :aah:

Of course not. It's much more important you fully enjoy the gig than that you film it anyway.