Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love'

DerMoment1608

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I remember the interview from Saturday right Dermot asked Mika if OOL is the new single and Mika said yes but without a release date. Maybe I overheard the date.

Btw we had the same thing in Germany. Last week a serious music blogger wrote that Underwater was released as a single in Germany on 23th November but no one knew about it. On Amazon.de it is as a single with that release date but nowhere else and even on Mika´s German homepage there isn´t a mention about it.

I think there is going something very very wrong or is Universal destroying Mika on purpose?

They sure do a very lousy job:shocked: especially in Canada:sneaky2:

FROM Wikipedia :

"Origin of Love" will be released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom, and the album's lead single in the United States, on December 3, 2012.

Mika supported the American release of the track with a performance on The Tonight Show.

A music video for the track premiered on September 11, 2012, before the release of both "Celebrate" and "Underwater". The video was filmed in Santiago, Chile, and features explicit scenes.

A non-explicit version has also been filmed for television airplay.[7]

REF:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Love

Edited by A. Clay

FROM Wikipedia :

"Origin of Love" will be released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom, and the album's lead single in the United States, on December 3, 2012.

Mika supported the American release of the track with a performance on The Tonight Show.

A music video for the track premiered on September 11, 2012, before the release of both "Celebrate" and "Underwater". The video was filmed in Santiago, Chile, and features explicit scenes. A non-explicit version has also been filmed for television airplay.[7]

The thing is Alice, none of the download sites here seem to have it available. So until TM confirm it with a link, I don't know what is happening.

A music video for the track premiered on September 11, 2012, before the release of both "Celebrate" and "Underwater". The video was filmed in Santiago, Chile, and features explicit scenes.

A non-explicit version has also been filmed for television airplay.

REF:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Love

Well, I don't necessarily trust Wikipedia. This entry is wrong, because Celebrate was released as the lead single in the US. It was released September 4, with the video released a few weeks later. You can even see the release date if you look on iTunes and Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Celebrate/dp/B0092PSCDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354576336&sr=8-1&keywords=mika+celebrate

Trolls, Wikipedia and Mika. Three least reliable sources of Mika information. :naughty:

:aah::lmfao:

It's listed as one of the new singles on the Universal-UK-Page of the 3rd of December, so at least that part of the Wiki-soure is true :wink2: : http://www.umusicpub.co.uk/en-GB/News/2012/Dec/New-singles-this-week-3-Dec.aspx#/en-GB/News/2012/Dec/New-singles-this-week-3-Dec.aspx

:aah::lmfao:

It's listed as one of the new singles on the Universal-UK-Page of the 3rd of December, so at least that part of the Wiki-soure is true :wink2: : http://www.umusicpub.co.uk/en-GB/News/2012/Dec/New-singles-this-week-3-Dec.aspx#/en-GB/News/2012/Dec/New-singles-this-week-3-Dec.aspx

So it has been released, it just isn't available to buy as an actual single!:blink:

So it has been released, it just isn't available to buy as an actual single!:blink:

Well, you can buy the song separate from the album, but it's just not been packaged separately, like Celebrate was. :dunno:

Well, you can buy the song separate from the album, but it's just not been packaged separately, like Celebrate was. :dunno:

You can't really call that a single though, as you could already do that.

You can't really call that a single though, as you could already do that.

I agree. This is all just a bit :blink:

On a happier note (at least for me), I've finally heard the acoustic version of this song and it's gorgeous. I think I'm being won over.

I hope the single will be the album version?

Not the radio edit please! Do I understand things right ??? I feel so confused this year, with all these versions of TOOL... I`m lost. After being a mikafan for so many years - I`m not sure of anything when we talk about TOOL)

I prefer the album version!

And I need a video too :wait:

But isn't it the same with Underwater, you can't buy it as a single here even if it's released :dunno:

That would make every song on the album a "single" because you can purchase each one separately. This doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe they feel if a song has a video it's a single?

Indeed. If that's the case, don't bother advertising it as a single, just release the album, and let people take their pick of what tracks they would rather download. Because that is basically what is happening.

OMG! Heard this on radio 2 on Monday and it made my inset day! It was a slightly different version ( the devil wasn't a slut!) and IMO it was nicer than the CD version. There is no way it will chart though, as this is the first time I've heard mika on uk radio for months. The only radio station mika ever seems to get played on now is radio 2.

Here's the completely reworked radio edit, new vocals, lyrics, beat, shorter etc...

https://soundcloud.com/lukeyyy/tool-rdo-edt

Oh god, :shocked: it's the refrain I always wanted :fangurl: Even if the rest is better on the album version, would have preferred that one actually. And now I feel very cynical but I think it's going to flop.

Indeed. If that's the case, don't bother advertising it as a single, just release the album, and let people take their pick of what tracks they would rather download. Because that is basically what is happening.

That's what I think too, it's just weird. But maybe it isn't released as a single here even if they play it on the radio :dunno:

Here's the completely reworked radio edit, new vocals, lyrics, beat, shorter etc...

https://soundcloud.com/lukeyyy/tool-rdo-edt

wow that sounds better than the album version. A bit late but good choice for UK radio .:thumb_yello:

PS: if there is no single package how can anyone buy this particular version though :dunno:

Edited by suzie