Press videos: here and here

Edited by Droopsy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Madrid is calling, we've got some sightseeing to do :wink2: But until then here are some thoughts about last night:

Mika was very ill. I felt so sorry for him at some points. He had to cough and couldn't sing a few times. The audience reacted perfectly, cheered for him and sang even louder when he had to stop. :wub2: Somebody threw a scarf on stage which Mika appreciated. He said he felt cold even though it was very warm inside :sad:

I have a lot of respect for him for not cancelling the gig! I wouldn't have blamed him because his health comes first and I can only imagine that it must be torture to have to sing when your throat is aching, you have a cough and maybe even fever. He also touched his throat a lot and at some point you could tell that he must have been in pain. Nevertheless, he did a great show and smiled a lot. He skipped some songs. Didn't do Toy Boy, Happy Ending or Step with me (which was on the setlist and I would have wished he did it because I love it a lot but yeah, he's ill, right?).

We didn't expect it but he even came out for a short and not very well organized m&g. He didn't speak of course but signed a lot of stuff. Gotta love him for that attitude!

A true highlight for me was the contact Fran and I had with Team M afterwards when we were the only ones waiting for the band who took ages to come out. The people we were talking to were so lovely! :wub2: We also talked to Thomas who looked a bit grumpy when Mika was still there and even afterwards. But when he came out of the venue a second time just seeing us two again he couldn't help but smiled A LITTLE. So I went to him and asked him a question I had to ask. And when I was about to leave he continued talking :teehee: He wanted to know why on earth we do so many gigs and how we manage to do all that. And he said that he's seen quite some hardcore fans but Mikafans are HARDCORE. Like, really. :naughty: So we explained him the basic stuff about our little world. Now he must think we're nuts but he was really lovely.

Oh and thank you to all the Spanish girls who made the waiting a nice but cold day of meeting new and interesting people! Especially thanks to Basicamenteyo, you sister in mind! :naughty: It was a plessure meeting all you girls! :wub2:

¡Viva España! :thumb_yello:

Pictures are to come but sightseeing comes first :wink2:

Madrid is calling, we've got some sightseeing to do :wink2: But until then here are some thoughts about last night:

Mika was very ill. I felt so sorry for him at some points. He had to cough and couldn't sing a few times. The audience reacted perfectly, cheered for him and sang even louder when he had to stop. :wub2: Somebody threw a scarf on stage which Mika appreciated. He said he felt cold even though it was very warm inside :sad:

I have a lot of respect for him for not cancelling the gig! I wouldn't have blamed him because his health comes first and I can only imagine that it must be torture to have to sing when your throat is aching, you have a cough and maybe even fever. He also touched his throat a lot and at some point you could tell that he must have been in pain. Nevertheless, he did a great show and smiled a lot. He skipped some songs. Didn't do Toy Boy, Happy Ending or Step with me (which was on the setlist and I would have wished he did it because I love it a lot but yeah, he's ill, right?).

We didn't expect it but he even came out for a short and not very well organized m&g. He didn't speak of course but signed a lot of stuff. Gotta love him for that attitude!

A true highlight for me was the contact Fran and I had with Team M afterwards when we were the only ones waiting for the band who took ages to come out. The people we were talking to were so lovely! :wub2: We also talked to Thomas who looked a bit grumpy when Mika was still there and even afterwards. But when he came out of the venue a second time just seeing us two again he couldn't help but smiled A LITTLE. So I went to him and asked him a question I had to ask. And when I was about to leave he continued talking :teehee: He wanted to know why on earth we do so many gigs and how we manage to do all that. And he said that he's seen quite some hardcore fans but Mikafans are HARDCORE. Like, really. :naughty: So we explained him the basic stuff about our little world. Now he must think we're nuts but he was really lovely.

Oh and thank you to all the Spanish girls who made the waiting a nice but cold day of meeting new and interesting people! Especially thanks to Basicamenteyo, you sister in mind! :naughty: It was a plessure meeting all you girls! :wub2:

Anyone is going to surrender to our nutpower! :naughty:

Nice done Saskja, I'm sure you helped in melting his ice heart a bit!

John also had to realise we are not dangerous, we are just so passionate and fond of Mika, and I'm sure next step will be donuts and chocolate :teehee:

Thanks for the report!

So glad to hear that the audience helped! Really admire him for not canceling the show! No one would have blamed him if he did, his health should always be the number one priority. When you have a cold it's hard enough to speak let alone having to sing for almost two hours. He's being really brave and I really hope he can get enough rest today. Also how amazingly sweet and generous of him to do a m&g too:wub2:

Thank you very much for your report Saskia. Which basics did you tell Thomas? :huglove:

I'm curious as well :aah:

Thank you for the reports/photos/vids :))

Well... Mika is really crazy to go on strange when he's ill but really, I'm impressed...

He really rocks, even on ****ty days... I really admire him for not cancelling the show! :)

I hope he can rest today... He needs to sleep, really.

Edited by Kaito

Thank you for your report!!!

Hope that Mika will get better soon :wub2:

The manager is a kind person. We spoke in Padova and Rome and he was so gentle and nice :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you very much for your report Saskia. Which basics did you tell Thomas? :huglove:

I'm curious as well :aah:

I'm curious too :aah:

Lol. It was a question about a ticket problem one of us had for London. Nothing generally interesting, really :wink2:

I think you missunderstood us, we didn´t ask you what you asked him we wanted to know which basics about our little world you told him :wink2: so he thinks we are nuts now .

MY REPORT

I really wish that Mika read this, not only to be aware of how much we took account of the effort he did last night singing in Madrid, but also to let him know that he should take care of his voice... It doesn't mean to cancel gigs, perhaps it's enought to arrange the dates of the tour differently, so that Mika an the band could take more an longer rests between one gig an another. I am sure that everybody would wait a little more to go to a gig if it's necessary.

But despite Mika's voice problems, the gig was amazing, intense, funny... even more than others where I've been. Mika was cheerful and full of energy like always. He made big efforts to sing the high notes of Stardust, Grace Kelly and others, but the people helped a lot. Above everything with the chorus, because not everyone Knew all the full texts... but the lack of voice didn't affect Mika's performance. I think that each time he's better at dancing... and at speaking Spanish!!!

We laught a lot. This time Mika was determined to make each member of the band dance for the first time... and they finally did, and in very funny ways. Perhaps you could find some video of this in youtube. Curti's lost his cover, so Mika take profit to show us a "piano-streptease":lmfao: And surprise.... the other piano (the main) answered to the "striptease" with a lot of lights!

... and full setlist! 'encores' of Grace Kelly, Lollipop and We are golden included! Although in some moments Mika had to stop to caught and I got a little worry. But our encouragements, the involment of all the public of the whole hall made the difference: as Mika said during the gig, the public really gave him a lot of positive energy to keep him singing. I'm totally sure of that.

Btw, the sound quality in the hall (La Riviera) was very good, better than I though and my view from a side from the 3rd row was excellent. And Mika's too, because he saw our placard, took Veromika's memorable flag... good place was it. The bouncers were a bit annoying and frighttening, but it's comprehensive in the circumstances.

I really think that Mika shouldn't have went out to sign after the gig. Even if I was taking a present for him. It was cold and humid outside, not good conditions for someone who has trouble with his throat. I was rather expecting him to go out in the van, but I waited for my friends and for the afterparty at la Riviera... but finally Mka went out, and the fans run around him massively! The bouncers had to keep them away. They were so many people, and it was so oppressive that I kept myself apart. Never ha seen so many people pushing around one person!! Finally my boyfriend gave him the present and after that Mika went, pardon, run away. It was a bit like that :omg_fans:. Sorry, I'm not used to the "fan phenomen".

But as I said.... it was a wonderful gig! Mika take care of your voice!!

post-20001-142983698795_thumb.jpg

post-20001-142983698797_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikita

I finally came home, and here is my report.

I came at 10.30 and was already 27. Spend almost the whole day at the venue, just went to check in and visit Burger King. When I came back, met the part of the band who were wandering approaching, but I didn't interfere in their stroll.

Thanks Saskia and Rosa for being a good company!

The gig was marvellous! Especially taking into account that Mika was ill. I won't repeat all the things about his throat again, but even my husband admires how great Mika managed to lead the gig. After such things I realize even more how much I love Mika, what amazing person he is, and I'm so proud to be his fan!

There were a lot of funny moments, I love the way he made the band to dance, I liked how he moved the keyboard of Kurtis saying "Piano striptease - El piano desnudo" :das: (or something like this). I love the way he talked mostly Spanish the whole gig! And, of course, he sang LUWID chorus in Spanish!

I liked how they played with the crown from the Burger King throughout the gig :)

Loved his hats! Of course, you know :naughty:

Lucky girl from the chorus whom he tried to spoil her hairdo :teehee:

He looked very pleased when people sang along all the songs, even EMD. I think the audience was very supportive.

Especially beautiful were Stardust and Underwater :wub2::wub2::wub2:

We also talked to Thomas who looked a bit grumpy when Mika was still there and even afterwards. But when he came out of the venue a second time just seeing us two again he couldn't help but smiled A LITTLE. So I went to him and asked him a question I had to ask. And when I was about to leave he continued talking :teehee: He wanted to know why on earth we do so many gigs and how we manage to do all that. And he said that he's seen quite some hardcore fans but Mikafans are HARDCORE. Like, really. :naughty: So we explained him the basic stuff about our little world. Now he must think we're nuts but he was really lovely.:

Samehappened to me, hewasalittle grumpy at first but then he started asking me things about us and at the end he was laughing...

I finally came home, and here is my report.

I came at 10.30 and was already 27. Spend almost the whole day at the venue, just went to check in and visit Burger King. When I came back, met the part of the band who were wandering approaching, but I didn't interfere in their stroll.

Thanks Saskia and Rosa for being a good company!

The gig was marvellous! Especially taking into account that Mika was ill. I won't repeat all the things about his throat again, but even my husband admires how great Mika managed to lead the gig. After such things I realize even more how much I love Mika, what amazing person he is, and I'm so proud to be his fan!

There were a lot of funny moments, I love the way he made the band to dance, I liked how he moved the keyboard of Kurtis saying "Piano striptease - El piano desnudo" :das: (or something like this). I love the way he talked mostly Spanish the whole gig! And, of course, he sang LUWID chorus in Spanish!

I liked how they played with the crown from the Burger King throughout the gig :)

Loved his hats! Of course, you know :naughty:

Lucky girl from the chorus whom he tried to spoil her hairdo :teehee:

He looked very pleased when people sang along all the songs, even EMD. I think the audience was very supportive.

Especially beautiful were Stardust and Underwater :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Glad u had a blast this time as u couldn't see him in the summer...:thumb_yello::huglove:

Glad u had a blast this time as u couldn't see him in the summer...:thumb_yello::huglove:

Dear Carla, you remember it! Thank you! I tried to cheer him up as much as possible (don't think he ever noticed it though :fisch: ) If he risked his health that much he has to know how much people love him.

He was joking and funny even more that usual. I can imagine how hard it was.... he is my hero forever :wub2:

I think you missunderstood us, we didn´t ask you what you asked him we wanted to know which basics about our little world you told him :wink2: so he thinks we are nuts now .

:doh: Okay!

Well, we explained him that it's mainly but not exclusively about Mika alone. It's about everything. The gig, the m&gs, the team, the band and about the MFCers we meet and about adventurous travelling. Fran and I said that we wouldn't have met without knowing Mika and that we are friends now and she'll be staying with me for a few days. As for the queueing we explained why it's so good to be front row: That it's the best spot for getting a connection to Mika and the band, that you can't jump on anyone in front of you and that you have a relatively safe spot for your stuff as well as a barrier to lean against. :naughty: And he asked us how we can pay for so many gigs so we explained that we worked for this tour and basically quitted our jobs for it :aah:

I think he liked the "We wouldn't have met without him"-bit best. :naughty::wub2:

Well, we explained him that it's mainly but not exclusively about Mika alone. It's about everything. The gig, the m&gs, the team, the band and about the MFCers we meet and about adventurous travelling. Fran and I said that we wouldn't have met without knowing Mika and that we are friends now and she'll be staying with me for a few days. As for the queueing we explained why it's so good to be front row: That it's the best spot for getting a connection to Mika and the band, that you can't jump on anyone in front of you and that you have a relatively safe spot for your stuff as well as a barrier to lean against. :naughty: And he asked us how we can pay for so many gigs so we explained that we worked for this tour and basically quitted our jobs for it :aah:

I think he liked the "We wouldn't have met without him"-bit best. :naughty::wub2:

:wub2:

In Lisbon, When the promoter lady was giving us our soundcheck wristbands, we were calling for each other and saying who was going with who, etc, while she was checking the guestlist, and she suddenly stopped and asked "Wait...YOU ALL KNOW EACH OTHER???" :lmfao:

We had to explain her that we always get together for Mika gigs, and we are basically a big amazing gang! :wub2:

thank you :wink2:. I would have loved to see his face while you were explaining all these things :teehee:

DQ, I hadn't realised that you were going to this gig - I am so happy that you have seen him again :huglove:

And your pics are better than you think :wink2:

Thank you, thank you!

Unfortunately, I haven't got any pics of M&G. I came late, almost when he finished. My husband tried to take pics, but there are only hands :aah: