Droopsy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, thank you!

Unfortunately, I haven't got any pics of M&G. I came late, almost when he finished. My husband tried to take pics, but there are only hands :aah:

Did you manage to get anything signed?

Amazing that he did the M&G anyway, as he was so unwell

:wub2:

In Lisbon, When the promoter lady was giving us our soundcheck wristbands, we were calling for each other and saying who was going with who, etc, while she was checking the guestlist, and she suddenly stopped and asked "Wait...YOU ALL KNOW EACH OTHER???" :lmfao:

We had to explain her that we always get together for Mika gigs, and we are basically a big amazing gang! :wub2:

Aww, I LOVE THAT! :wub2: The MFC BAG!

Like this first :sneaky2:

then this :shocked:

then this :naughty: and this :teehee:

and finally this :thumb_yello:

That's what he did with me at least....:teehee:

:lmfao: Great! I'm glad you had the chance to talk with him, too!

DQ, I hadn't realised that you were going to this gig - I am so happy that you have seen him again :huglove:

And your pics are better than you think :wink2:

They really are lovely! And yours, too Saskia! Thank you! :flowers2:

Great pics, Saskia!

Did you manage to get anything signed?

Amazing that he did the M&G anyway, as he was so unwell

Yes, he signed UW song at the booklet, and I said that the UW vid is amazing! I wanted him to know that it is really amazing! And he looked at me :wub2::wub2::wub2: The best moment ever :huglove:

Spanish TV news

Mika no perdona una fiesta ni con la voz "al 70 por ciento"

24 nov 2012

Concierto del británico Mika en Madrid, que no ha querido cancelarlo, a pesar de tener la voz mermada, tras una actuación en Lisboa. La entrega de Michael Holbrook Penniman, su concepto lúdico del espectáculo, su complicidad con el público y sus cinco versátiles músicos, además de una ristra de grandes éxitos rebosantes de ritmo han hecho que tras hora y media de música, los aplausos hayan sido tan generosos y sonoros como la actuación, y que el concierto se haya convertido en una auténtica fiesta.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/cultura/mika-perdona-fiesta-ni-voz-70-ciento/1589543/

D/L link flv.file (9.89MB) -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7urfo6so5l2j574

Edited by Kumazzz

I finally came home, and here is my report.

I came at 10.30 and was already 27. Spend almost the whole day at the venue, just went to check in and visit Burger King. When I came back, met the part of the band who were wandering approaching, but I didn't interfere in their stroll.

Thanks Saskia and Rosa for being a good company!

The gig was marvellous! Especially taking into account that Mika was ill. I won't repeat all the things about his throat again, but even my husband admires how great Mika managed to lead the gig. After such things I realize even more how much I love Mika, what amazing person he is, and I'm so proud to be his fan!

There were a lot of funny moments, I love the way he made the band to dance, I liked how he moved the keyboard of Kurtis saying "Piano striptease - El piano desnudo" :das: (or something like this). I love the way he talked mostly Spanish the whole gig! And, of course, he sang LUWID chorus in Spanish!

I liked how they played with the crown from the Burger King throughout the gig :)

Loved his hats! Of course, you know :naughty:

Lucky girl from the chorus whom he tried to spoil her hairdo :teehee:

He looked very pleased when people sang along all the songs, even EMD. I think the audience was very supportive.

Especially beautiful were Stardust and Underwater :wub2::wub2::wub2:

You finally did it,after all these years! I'm so glad for you! :huglove:

*sighs*

I don´t know where to start when it comes to make a report. Instead of a report I´ll give some bits that I remember.

Best thing apart from seeing Mika is meeting friends again. I´m so pleased I finally met Saskia, Fran and DreamyQueen. Now it´s funny when you see their names on twitter you have a real "image" of them :aah:

Gig was amazing. We were worried before the gig cause Liliana and Mary had told me via whatsapp what happened the day before in Lisbon and we really fear he could cancel. Glad he didn´t. :bow:

For me this gig was different. It seemed longer... don´t ask me why. I don´t have a clock so I didn´t know at what time we entered the venue or what time we left, but after a bit, I told my sister "this gig is endless, god, I feel he´s been singing for more than 5 hours now :shocked:" Not that I´m complaining, but that was my perception during the gig.

Mika knew his voice wasn´t at his best and tried to please the crowd by being... himself. He danced and made the band interact a lot.

He asked Max to help him a lot of times. If you go watch vids on youtube, you can see when he goes next to Max, he positioned the mic towards Max so it was his voice what we heard. One of the times he started coughing he walked towards Max again saying "I can´t go on" with his head and poor Max just shrugged...

He said he had the most amazing fans ever cause without our energy he couldn´t have done the gig. In fact he stayed on stage more time than he usually does (Im talking only about my 8 experiences) thanking people.

He asked if we could speak french.

Mika: Can you speak french?? If I say Elle Me Dit Danse.... what would you reply?

Crowd: ELLE ME DIT DANSE DANSE DANSE!!!!!!

Mika: oh wow... you all can speak french :aah: your french is better than my Spanish!!!

About the Choir:

Mika: look at them they´re all so innocent.... how do you say "pure"?

Crowd: PUROS

Mika: ... bah, doesn´t matter, they aren´t anyways....

LOL

He explained his voice was at 70%. He stopped singing twice, one in UW and then again in EMD. I felt sorry for him. After the gig me and my friends decided to not wait for him. He was feeling bad and we were tired, so, time to leave!

It was a nice experience. I had never been in such a small venue before, and I´m happy. This has probably been one of the best gig I´ve been to despite of his lack of voice. Lots of eye contact with front row as always.

Oh, I don´t know what the reasons to choose this or that song from the setlist are, but I don´t understand why, if he has troubles with his voice, he keeps on singing songs like GK, Rain or even Stardust when he had Toy Boy, Step With Me in the setlist and he had sung Heroes also in other gigs... I thank him his effort, of course, I know these are songs that people love, but... I would have changed some of the most difficult songs for SWM at least. I´m not complaining, I´m happy he did those songs.

I´ve been trying to uploads a group pic we took before the gig, but my imageshack doesn´t work anymore :sneaky2:

don´t know how to do it :aah:

Yes, he signed UW song at the booklet, and I said that the UW vid is amazing! I wanted him to know that it is really amazing! And he looked at me :wub2::wub2::wub2: The best moment ever :huglove:

I'm so happy for you, Lena! You've managed to meet him at last! These are always the best moments when he gives some attention to you :wub2:

*sighs*

I don´t know where to start when it comes to make a report. Instead of a report I´ll give some bits that I remember.

Best thing apart from seeing Mika is meeting friends again. I´m so pleased I finally met Saskia, Fran and DreamyQueen. Now it´s funny when you see their names on twitter you have a real "image" of them :aah:

Gig was amazing. We were worried before the gig cause Liliana and Mary had told me via whatsapp what happened the day before in Lisbon and we really fear he could cancel. Glad he didn´t. :bow:

For me this gig was different. It seemed longer... don´t ask me why. I don´t have a clock so I didn´t know at what time we entered the venue or what time we left, but after a bit, I told my sister "this gig is endless, god, I feel he´s been singing for more than 5 hours now :shocked:" Not that I´m complaining, but that was my perception during the gig.

Mika knew his voice wasn´t at his best and tried to please the crowd by being... himself. He danced and made the band interact a lot.

He asked Max to help him a lot of times. If you go watch vids on youtube, you can see when he goes next to Max, he positioned the mic towards Max so it was his voice what we heard. One of the times he started coughing he walked towards Max again saying "I can´t go on" with his head and poor Max just shrugged...

He said he had the most amazing fans ever cause without our energy he couldn´t have done the gig. In fact he stayed on stage more time than he usually does (Im talking only about my 8 experiences) thanking people.

Mika: Can you speak french?? If I say Elle Me Dit Danse.... what would you reply?

Mika: oh wow... you all can speak french :aah: your french is better than my Spanish!!!

About the Choir:

LOL

He explained his voice was at 70%. He stopped singing twice, one in UW and then again in EMD. I felt sorry for him. After the gig me and my friends decided to not wait for him. He was feeling bad and we were tired, so, time to leave!

It was a nice experience. I had never been in such a small venue before, and I´m happy. This has probably been one of the best gig I´ve been to despite of his lack of voice. Lots of eye contact with front row as always.

Oh, I don´t know what the reasons to choose this or that song from the setlist are, but I don´t understand why, if he has troubles with his voice, he keeps on singing songs like GK, Rain or even Stardust when he had Toy Boy, Step With Me in the setlist and he had sung Heroes also in other gigs... I thank him his effort, of course, I know these are songs that people love, but... I would have changed some of the most difficult songs for SWM at least. I´m not complaining, I´m happy he did those songs.

I´ve been trying to uploads a group pic we took before the gig, but my imageshack doesn´t work anymore :sneaky2:

use photobucket.com :mf_rosetinted:

*sighs*

About the Choir:

LOL

1. I'm very happy to met you live too! I hope we will meet another time too! It all depends on Mika :naughty:

2.I'm glad I'm not good in Spanish, and I had no internet to know about Lisbon, so I had no idea of what might happen! If I knew about the possibility of cancellation, I would have a heart attack!

3. so beautifully said! Being himself... it is more important that a perfect performance in not very good mood.

4. Anyway, I'm so happy that he sang Stardust! Even if not perfect technically, it was so touching and beautiful! Warm and human. It stuck in my heart for these days, I sing it even while sleeping :blush-anim-cl:

Fran, Saskja, you, Asun...who else?

Let´s see. The girl with the red bag is Dreamy Queen, the girl next to her is Tina (not sure if she is an MFCer), next to me is yolanda (same name here), the girl with green scarf is QueenElisa, the girl above her is ArtemisArco (the girl who gave Mika the bracelet he wore in the El Hormiguero two years ago), you know Asun, next to her is my sister (I totally forgot her nickname here :aah:) and next to her MarianMay.

Let´s see. The girl with the red bag is Dreamy Queen, the girl next to her is Tina (not sure if she is an MFCer), next to me is yolanda (same name here), the girl with green scarf is QueenElisa, the girl above her is ArtemisArco (the girl who gave Mika the bracelet he wore in the El Hormiguero two years ago), you know Asun, next to her is my sister (I totally forgot her nickname here :aah:) and next to her MarianMay.

Oh God, if only I knew that all those Spanish girls are MFCers!

Because earlier I tried to talk with many girls, but all of them wasn't MFCers and knew almost no English at all :aah:

Aww, I wish I could meet you all some day. I haven't seem Asun in many years.

Rosa you remind me a bit of one of my cousins believe it or not. My dad's side of the family all have black hair.

Really?? Weirder things happened in this world, maybe we are relatives!! The girl's next to me grandpa was born in the same village as my grandma. No more than 70 pple living in that village... how many possibilities do we have of meeting in a Mika gig?? :aah:

Im sad each time there are gigs around cause Im not able to take a plane so I know Ill only meet pple who come to my country. Thats embarrassing but true :aah: poor little girl is scared of planes... LOL

Amazing experience in the choir!

My english is bad, I prefer that these photos speak for me:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4553350363987.169010.1598251420&type=1&l=a542e8a083

Francesco

Thanks a million for sharing !!!!

Those pics are real treasure !!!!

75254_4553358084180_1985540571_n.jpg

263718_4553358764197_83053549_n.jpg

By the way... what is a pair of shoes ? It's gorgeous!! :wub2: your present for Mika ?

73223_4553357164157_616718381_n.jpg