HAPPY NEW 2013, everyone!!!

willywonka

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2013-new-year-fireworks-animated-gifs-text-banner-2013-happy-new-year-free-images-photo-graphics-banners-e-cards-clipart-free-vector-background-clipart-illoustration-i-love-u-holidays-20.gif?w=320

Wishing ya'all a very happy new year full of love, peace, health and happiness!!!

Oh, and any Mika gigs, when (if) he returns from kathmandu...

If he forgets to take the anti-diahrreia pills i advised him to take maybe we won't have gigs so soon....:naughty:

Mika, you'd better listen to Wonkita :doh:

We want gigs in 2013 :naughty:

Have a wonderful Mikastic Mikaful Mikawesome year my lovely Mika freaks family :huglove::huglove::huglove::huglove: :huglove: :huglove: :huglove:

Happy-New-Year-2013-Illustration-Candles-Wallpaper.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika

HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE!

Hopefully it will live up to everyone's expectations :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately the BBC News, whilst talking about HAIM being voted as "The Sound of 2013", mentioned several previous winners who have gone on to achieve great things (Adele etc.). I was just thinking " hey, they haven't included Mika" - and then they did... as being a previous winner who had sadly not lived up to the early promise he showed... Oops.

Happy New Year everyone! :yay: I hope I get to see some of you again this year.

Unfortunately the BBC News, whilst talking about HAIM being voted as "The Sound of 2013", mentioned several previous winners who have gone on to achieve great things (Adele etc.). I was just thinking " hey, they haven't included Mika" - and then they did... as being a previous winner who had sadly not lived up to the early promise he showed... Oops.

:aah: It's funny I was just saying to someone the other day that I never expected Adele to be THIS huge. I loved her right from the beginning and started going to her gigs in early 2008 but expected she would be more or less a hidden gem especially outside of the UK. I would have bet money at the time she was chosen that the situations would be closer to reverse by now.

She has just topped the US charts for all of 2012, same as 2011.

:sad:

But besides Adele, it seems to me that from the previous winners only Keane and Jessie J are still very successful..? And maybe Ellie Goulding but I'm not sure as she is just starting to get known here in France.

:sad:

But besides Adele, it seems to me that from the previous winners only Keane and Jessie J are still very successful..? And maybe Ellie Goulding but I'm not sure as she is just starting to get known here in France.

I think it is also worth noting that Mika did live up to those expectations. He was pronounced the Sound of 2007 and he did extremely well, selling more albums than any male artist in the world and picking up a Brit Award a year later.

Still it makes me sad to see in Mika's own press releases that he made TOOL with Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry) since Greg's original claim to fame was being the producer of Life in Cartoon Motion.

I watched all these people from early stages of their careers and I never imagined them passing Mika when he was there first.

I think it is also worth noting that Mika did live up to those expectations. He was pronounced the Sound of 2007 and he did extremely well, selling more albums than any male artist in the world and picking up a Brit Award a year later.

Still it makes me sad to see in Mika's own press releases that he made TOOL with Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry) since Greg's original claim to fame was being the producer of Life in Cartoon Motion.

I watched all these people from early stages of their careers and I never imagined them passing Mika when he was there first.

I know. :sad:

I think the same thing whenever I see Sara Bareilles -- she was Mika's opening act the first time I saw him, back in June '07, and she went on to eclipse Mika, at least here in the States. Maybe her fame in UK/Europe isn't

as great. :dunno:

I have to be honest, I wasn't following Mika very closely back in 2007 but it's true that I never imagined Adele would be more successful than him by now. Especially as he really was described as a social phenomenon here (I've watched documentaries about the 2000/2010 decade and when they come to music they mention Mika and this huge success)

But you are right, he lived up to the expectations and truly was the Sound of 2007. I just hope he can still be the sound of many years to come.

But you are right, he lived up to the expectations and truly was the Sound of 2007. I just hope he can still be the sound of many years to come.

There will be many good years! He deserves more success, and it WILL happen. I'm sure of it, I really can't see it any other way.

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope it will be a very good one, even there's no idea what it can bring...

Edited by tiibet

I have to be honest, I wasn't following Mika very closely back in 2007 but it's true that I never imagined Adele would be more successful than him by now.

Singer/songwriters were all the rage at that time and I guess I just saw Mika turning into a proper pop star as he became more successful but it seems to be completely dominated by women and 18 year old boys. You've still got the Ed Sheerhan types but Mika is no longer a boy sitting alone at a keyboard and he's obviously never going to be a girl. :naughty:

I still can't understand why things have turned out this way especially since everyone was beyond camp in the 1980s. I was watching an old Duran Duran video a couple of weeks ago and honestly they make Mika look like a football player. :teehee:

You'd think people would be even more open minded in 2013 and that because women are so dominant that Mika would have a real niche carved out for himself as one of the few power pop male vocalists...but...:dunno:

HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE!

Hopefully it will live up to everyone's expectations :thumb_yello:

I saw that too - and thought "it's because you won't play him on Radio One, you BBC :badword:s"