Mika in Italy again friday Jan 25th, 2013 on TV and on Radio!

robertina

so he's right! twitter is hateful indeed....people have assaulted him just for nothing :mf_rosetinted:

reactions are too quick and not considerate enough.

sometimes when I read what some people write to him ( and I don´t mean the " will you marry me " or " come to ..." tweets ) I think if he reads that sh*t he will never come back on Twitter. Some people are so insane and mental sick and disrespectful! And they are insulting him on purpose!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sometimes when I read what some people write to him ( and I don´t mean the " will you marry me " or " come to ..." tweets ) I think if he reads that sh*t he will never come back on Twitter. Some people are so insane and mental sick and disrespectful! And they are insulting him on purpose!

Totally agree with you :thumb_yello: I think he's tired of those comments, I also hate twitter when I see that :sneaky2:

Thank you very much for your translation :flowers2:

To read the whole thing he said about Twitter makes a completely different sence than only the fragment " I hate Twitter " . He explained it very well :wink2:

I agree, this is a totally different topic. And it's not only about negative comments, it's also about the nature on twitter and quick reactions (well I didn't hear his own comments though, only read translation).

I still wonder if he can understand how direct and sometimes useful twitter is. He can say something and it goes directly to everyone who is interested in him/his work! :wink2: Also, a lot of people want to show their support using twitter. I feel sad for him if he can't feel the love but only hate. I understand it must be horrible for celebrities. People write them things without thinking there is a normal human being reading their posts.

first he understood 'are you happy when you are in love?' so he was a bit :huh: and when he understood it right, he answered that way :naughty:

Would that have been a stupid question? XD

I think it would have been a difficult question: when you're in love you can be either very happy or very miserable ( when your love is not reciprocated), can't you?

I agree, this is a totally different topic. And it's not only about negative comments, it's also about the nature on twitter and quick reactions (well I didn't hear his own comments though, only read translation).

I still wonder if he can understand how direct and sometimes useful twitter is. He can say something and it goes directly to everyone who is interested in him/his work! :wink2: Also, a lot of people want to show their support using twitter. I feel sad for him if he can't feel the love but only hate. I understand it must be horrible for celebrities. People write them things without thinking there is a normal human being reading their posts.

Maybe he receive more hate than love,who knows? I'm sad too,people should think twice before writing nonsense to him :huh:

I think he can feel both, but some particularly mean/nasty comments can hurt deeply and make feel very bad Edited by mari62

I am not sure what it is that everyone understands about the Twitter comments because it doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know what "reactive" means or why that is supposed to be negative or what any of that has to do with songwriting. :blink:

All you have to do is read Mika's @replies to see why he might hate Twitter. I did so last night for the first time in ages and it's just endless blathering by a handful of people who are at best extremely odd and at worst should probably be on medication. And I'm not even talking about our favourite "hater" since she's been blocked for years. :naughty:

Not sure he conveys any of that in his comments on this show though. I am not sure I feel as sorry for the celebs as I do for the average joes. These crazies also chase me and the other mods and other fans all over the internet, harassing us, making up stories and posting them on every Mika video and article on the internet, harassing everyone we speak to on Twitter, etc. Mika is highly compensated for having crazy fans. It's part of his job (sadly). All he has to do is use the block button and/or switch off his phone and he can extricate himself at least from the online harassment. But if you want to be a Mika fan and want to talk to other fans online regularly you've got to deal with this cyberstalking every day.

Maybe he receive more hate than love,who knows? I'm sad too,people should think twice before writing nonsense to him :huh:

I think he can feel both, but some particularly mean/nasty comments can hurt deeply and make feel very bad

Yes, that's what I meant too, that it feels sad to think he gets so much negative feedback it takes all his attention and he can't see and feel the love, there's a lot of love too. At least I hope so! I don't have time to read all tweets to him, I read only people I follow. And I assume he also reads his tweets only when he is really bored, like while waiting at airports etc. And if there happens to be several negative comments it must feel bad.

Thank you very much for your translation :flowers2:

To read the whole thing he said about Twitter makes a completely different sence than only the fragment " I hate Twitter " . He explained it very well :wink2:

MIKA always explains his answers very well - and I can easily understand that he's not too fond of Twitter! He's not a trend follower - he's the opposite, he goes his own ways, and he's also fascinated by the 50's - 60's and 70's - so in a positive way, a little bit "old-fashioned", so to speak :blush-anim-cl:

He's also a very private person - and quard this area well :thumb_yello:

It's a balance - to be available enough - without being strangled by it all :blink: We have examples of artists - going under the earth - to be left in peace! And we really don't want that to happen to our dear MIKA, do we?! I'm happy to hear that he prefers to use his time, working with music - instead of being totally updated with twitter :thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Yes, that's what I meant too, that it feels sad to think he gets so much negative feedback it takes all his attention and he can't see and feel the love, there's a lot of love too. At least I hope so! I don't have time to read all tweets to him, I read only people I follow. And I assume he also reads his tweets only when he is really bored, like while waiting at airports etc. And if there happens to be several negative comments it must feel bad.
I usually read only my followers' tweets as well, but a couple of times I stumbled across some very hurtful comments

MIKA always explains his answers very well - and I can easily understand that he's not too fond of Twitter! He's not a trend follower - he's the opposite, he goes his own ways, and he's also fascinated by the 50's - 60's and 70's - so in a positive way, a little bit "old-fashioned", so to speak :blush-anim-cl:

But he says in this very same interview that it was MySpace that decided Grace Kelly should be the single. It is the real time reaction of fans that gave him a hit song and made him a star. You can't have it both ways. You can't use your fans when you need them and discard them when maintaining contact becomes a chore. You can't just switch people on and off like taps. They support him because they love him, they are interested in what he's doing and want to feel connected. You either have to be in that game like Justin Bieber or Katy Perry or if you are the kind of artist who needs to be locked up in your private world to be creative and sane, then you have to go it alone. You have to let your music speak for itself and not rely on an emotionally invested fanbase to follow you and promote you. You can't have it all.

But he says in this very same interview that it was MySpace that decided Grace Kelly should be the single. It is the real time reaction of fans that gave him a hit song and made him a star. You can't have it both ways. You can't use your fans when you need them and discard them when maintaining contact becomes a chore. You can't just switch people on and off like taps. They support him because they love him, they are interested in what he's doing and want to feel connected. You either have to be in that game like Justin Bieber or Katy Perry or if you are the kind of artist who needs to be locked up in your private world to be creative and sane, then you have to go it alone. You have to let your music speak for itself and not rely on an emotionally invested fanbase to follow you and promote you. You can't have it all.

As I said - it's a balance - and I think he fix it just fine! :thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

I am not sure what it is that everyone understands about the Twitter comments because it doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know what "reactive" means or why that is supposed to be negative or what any of that has to do with songwriting. :blink:

Maybe I didn't understand his comment in the interview at all, but I assumed he was talking about the nature of twitter as a social media. Everything is quick and immediate (not sure how to say it in English). People reacts very easily. So he gets a lot of quick, short and random tweets about everything he is doing/not doing and it's probably not really useful during the song writing process when he likes to be in his own bubble any way (I guess it can still be useful when new music is out or if he wants to test new ideas?).

As I said I don't have time to read all the tweets he gets, but of course I know most celebrities get a lot of horrible stupid tweets. I have always thought it's just one of those negative and disgusting modern phenomenons we can't avoid and the reason why he probably can't much read his tweets. I have still somehow hoped he takes a look at his timeline every now and then and feels the love his fans send to him. And, if he likes to, he can say something and share things (like test new ideas) and get very direct feedback and have a connection with his fans. I don't expect him to do it often and it doesn't bother me if he hides for months.

Every time he says he hates twitter it makes me think the negative sides are just too big and that the support or useful feedback he gets can't compensate it. And it is a bit sad, isn't it. On the other hand, his comment having a love-hate relationship with twitter makes total sense to me and I can understand it very well.

Edited by tiibet

Every time he says he hates twitter it makes me think the negative sides are just too big and that the support or useful feedback he gets can't compensate it. And it is a bit sad, isn't it.

It makes me think he just wants to enjoy the luxuries afforded him by his success and not have any of the obligations and hassles. :naughty: If Mika thinks that earning millions of dollars is not enough compensation for switching on his phone a couple of times a week to at least create an illusion that he wants to be in touch with his fans, rather than mosning every chance he gets about how much he hates it...well... :blink: He's lucky he's so talented and doesn't have to live in the real world like the rest of us.

To be honest, I think as far as crazy people on his timeline go, he's got off fairly lightly.

I have looked at timelines of some members of bands, after seeing the tweets of some fans who follow me, and it's horrendous!

Girlfriends of members get the brunt of a lot of hateful and malicious tweets, some of them are pretty shocking. When other fans (the ones I have following me) step in to calm things down, the bile gets turned on them. It's insane!

Not saying that the nasties on Mikas timeline are okay, they really aren't, but he's is lucky compared to other artists on there.

I do get where he is coming from as far as not liking twitter too much though, as I feel the same way about Facebook, I've never liked it at all, but I use it to keep in contact with people who I don't see too often (Mika isn't the only one who doesn't like Twitter).

It makes me think he just wants to enjoy the luxuries afforded him by his success and not have any of the obligations and hassles. :naughty: If Mika thinks that earning millions of dollars is not enough compensation for switching on his phone a couple of times a week to at least create an illusion that he wants to be in touch with his fans, rather than mosning every chance he gets about how much he hates it...well... :blink: He's lucky he's so talented and doesn't have to live in the real world like the rest of us.

Well for me there's a big difference if he tweets because he likes to share something for real and finds the feedback and the connection with his fans useful and valuable OR if he tweets because it's his obligation and something he needs to do to earn his money/something someone tells him to do. It's just different. If it feels an obligation he better stay in his bubble and tweet later when he feels like it. I don't want him to create any illusions.

I don't think he meant it in any disrespectful way, at all. When he was talking about it he just seemed overwhelmed to me. And Twitter is overwhelming. Not everyone is suited to deal efficiently with that. Many artists have staff hired exclusively to deal with twitter and social networking in general.

As for the aut aut you're outlining, I think it sounds excessively bitter. He has no obligation toward his followers, no one should hate him just because he tweets every now and then and not every single day. People who chose to support him shouldn't demand something back. He's a singer-songwriter. What he has to give is just music. Everything else he wants to do for his fans, well that's his decision not a repayment.

My opinion, anyway. No offense meant.

Well for me there's a big difference if he tweets because he likes to share something for real and finds the feedback and the connection with his fans useful and valuable OR if he tweets because it's his obligation and something he needs to do to earn his money/something someone tells him to do. It's just different. If it feels an obligation he better stay in his bubble and tweet later when he feels like it. I don't want him to create any illusions.

I see, we sort of agree.

As I said - it's a balance - and I think he fix it just fine! :thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

I actually think MIKA is very generous with

his time and attention to fans.

I also think he enjoys a much better 'quality of life'

when he keeps a lid on certain things.

Edited by A. Clay